ADVERTISEMENT

An open message to the guy who...

I guess I was applying the common sense principle that people were only throwing dog shit in someone else trash can that was by the sidewalk and hasn't been picked up yet. Are there people really throwing crap in there after the trash has already come and into an empty can? I find that unlikely but if so I'd agree with you that's a foul.
Yes, people do that. People let their dogs shit on other people’s lawns and don’t pick it up so they probably think putting their dog shit in somebody else’s garbage can is being extremely courteous.

Last edited:
Because if it's not yours, you should ask permission first. Not sure why that needs explained to any adult.

Secondly, maybe the OP doesn't have a dog and doesn't want to smell dog shit every time he handles his trash can.
Spot on. Why do people think they can just use others peoples stuff without asking?? I don't care if it is just a trash can, it is mine, not yours, throw your dog's shit in your own trash can. I have never had this happen, but, since the garbage man doesn't actually dump the trash can and just takes the big bags out and leaves all the small loose stuff, this would be a problem for me because the trash man ain't fishing it out. Which means I would have to fish it out and put it in the bigger bag. Plus dog shit makes your trash cans smell. If you keep it in your garage that is a problem because then your garage smells like dog shit. I had to have words with a neighbor who thought it was okay to sit on the trunk of my car while waiting with his kids at the bus stop which was at the end of my driveway. I mean seriously what the hell is wrong with some people.

It is an issue of personal responsibility. Take care of your own crap. If you choose to keep a dog, you own everything that comes with the dog. If you choose to speed, you own everything that comes with that decision. It is not my job to get out of your way. If you fire a gun, you own everything that bullet does, intentionally or accidentally. Now, how would you like to have me sitting on your jury?

Reactions: PSU Mike and Fac
People are crazy, so neighbors suck. I opted to live in the country to avoid this problem. Turns out there's no avoiding it. I have two neighbors. Only two. They got in a fistfight and were arrested last week. The responding state police officer came to my house to inform me. I made him a cup of coffee (after he turned down a cold beer). Nice kid.

Anyway, both neighbors have knocked on my door seeking support in this redneck soap opera. Both were informed to get the hell off my porch. This is my "alone palace" aka my "fortress of solitude." Involve me in your drama and I will nail your windows and doors shut and light your house on fire.

The social code in my "neighborhood" includes this hard and fast rule: Unless you came to party, leave me the f alone.

...put a bag of dog s*it in my trash can. Your dog s*it doesn’t go in my trash can. If it happens again I will put the bag on your porch, set it on fire, and ring your doorbell. Have a nice day, jagoff.
I agree about what you said but is the person doing it on our message board?

Spot on. Why do people think they can just use others peoples stuff without asking?? I don't care if it is just a trash can, it is mine, not yours, throw your dog's shit in your own trash can. I have never had this happen, but, since the garbage man doesn't actually dump the trash can and just takes the big bags out and leaves all the small loose stuff, this would be a problem for me because the trash man ain't fishing it out. Which means I would have to fish it out and put it in the bigger bag. Plus dog shit makes your trash cans smell. If you keep it in your garage that is a problem because then your garage smells like dog shit. I had to have words with a neighbor who thought it was okay to sit on the trunk of my car while waiting with his kids at the bus stop which was at the end of my driveway. I mean seriously what the hell is wrong with some people.
MINE!!! MINE!!! MINE!!!

Reactions: TheBigUglies
Several of my neighbors have cheesy signs on their lawns about peace love and understanding, as if anyone gives a damn. My dog is allowed to shit there. And, if I decide to pick it up, it's definitely going into their trashcan, which by the way is technically owned by my township, so when I say "their trashcan" what I mean is "my designated dogshit receptical".

Reactions: bison13 and AWS1022
MINE!!! MINE!!! MINE!!!
Why do I feel this way? Am I being selfish? Is my property supposed to be community property? I busted my ass to pay for my own college education and bust my ass everyday working to make money to support my family. I busted my ass to get where I am today and buy the things I own with my own money, why the hell should I feel it is acceptable for some stranger to come along and use my stuff without asking?

In my town, the can belongs to the city.

But I had the issue where I had a new lawn put in late last fall. Mid-winter there were two large brown spots on it (up in the yard a bit, too). Had to reseed that area earlier in the month. I have more of an issue with that than something in the city's trash can. Even there, had it happened on the area between the sidewalk and the street, I would have been more understanding, as the city owns that as well as it is part of the ROW. But the middle of my lawn is not.

Reactions: bytir
Let’s assume for the moment that the OP is me. I put out my trash can Monday evenings and but it back in my garage at around 10am Tuesday. If someone puts dog shit in my trash can the only way I’m going to know about it is if it’s done after the trash is picked up and before I put the cans back in my garage. In such a case either I leave the dog shit in my garage for a week or I fish it out.
LionJim, based on your reply, there is no way I can assume the original poster is you. You thoroughly explained a potential scenario where said actions against you would be completely out of line and rude.

The original poster provided minimal details about his situation and included a potential act that I am assuming is attempting to portray himself as tough. When others inquired about the specifics of his situation, he gave a stereotypical old guy rant.

LionJim, based on your reply, there is no way I can assume the original poster is you. You thoroughly explained a potential scenario where said actions against you would be completely out of line and rude.

The original poster provided minimal details about his situation and included a potential act that I am assuming is attempting to portray himself as tough. When others inquired about the specifics of his situation, he gave a stereotypical old guy rant.
I am shocked and insulted that you imply I’m incapable of giving a stereotypical old guy rant. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13 and AWS1022
I guess everyone's trash night is different. But I've got no problem with someone throwing trash in my govt supplied trash can when it is out by the street, ready to be dumped. I am 99% sure I wouldn't even know. The only scenario is I put it out on the wrong day or, for some reason, the trash company failed to make their rounds that day. The proviso being that the poo is in a plastic bag that has been tied and not just dumped in their, raw, to stick to and stink up my bin.

I wouldn't throw poo in there just because it is a bridge too far but I have been known to throw out a coffee cup on a morning walk. In fact, a co-walker I work with and I had a long discussion about this one morning when I threw a cup away in someone's trash that was put out that morning. There is also an episode about this in "curb your enthusiasm". In this case, it was an apple core, which could have been messy. But if it was a piece of paper or plastic bag, I don't see the problem.

I guess everyone's trash night is different. But I've got no problem with someone throwing trash in my govt supplied trash can when it is out by the street, ready to be dumped. I am 99% sure I wouldn't even know. The only scenario is I put it out on the wrong day or, for some reason, the trash company failed to make their rounds that day. The proviso being that the poo is in a plastic bag that has been tied and not just dumped in their, raw, to stick to and stink up my bin.

I wouldn't throw poo in there just because it is a bridge too far but I have been known to throw out a coffee cup on a morning walk. In fact, a co-walker I work with and I had a long discussion about this one morning when I threw a cup away in someone's trash that was put out that morning. There is also an episode about this in "curb your enthusiasm". In this case, it was an apple core, which could have been messy. But if it was a piece of paper or plastic bag, I don't see the problem.

I always pick up after my dog and I would never throw it in someone’s trash can....although I do throw it in one of the many dumpsters in my neighborhood due to all the new home construction....but I wouldn’t care if someone threw theirs in my garbage can.

Well, my beef is when people throw their trash in their street can loose. For instance just dumping an inside waste basket with everything loose so when the garbage men dump their big trash bin it gets blown all over the street and away it goes. My lady neighbor does this. I am constantly picking up loose paper from my yard. I once even picked up a used tampon on the street. No I did not touch it with my skin. But that is my beef.

Or...they bag it and leave the bagged shiz for someone else to dispose, as if they are doing everyone a favor.
We do that if we're walking on a trail. We grab it on our way back to the car and throw it in a can in the parking lot. If you passed behind us, you would think we just left it for someone else to pickup.

Or we use a piece of bark as a shovel and throw it into the woods.

...put a bag of dog s*it in my trash can. Your dog s*it doesn’t go in my trash can. If it happens again I will put the bag on your porch, set it on fire, and ring your doorbell. Have a nice day, jagoff.
OK guys, I must confess. My immediate neighbor got a sheep dog pup. Well, he loved to crap in my yard, not his. As he grew into an adult, his poop got bigger than mine on a big day for me. Well, after telling them numerous times about this and asking that they pick up after him, he just continued to poop in my yard. At that time my oldest was 4 and the youngest 1. My older son was playing in his sandbox and ended coming into the house with dog pop on him. That straw broke the camels back. I went out in my yard and scooped all of the dog poop up and put it in a paper bag. Had a nearly 1/2 full bag of big dog turds. I went to the neighbors house and dropped that bag of dog poop off in front of their door. Needless to say, the woman never talked to me again and the guy was cold but it ended the poop in my yard. My oldest had a birthday yesterday and he's now 42 so this was many moons ago.

Several of my neighbors have cheesy signs on their lawns about peace love and understanding, as if anyone gives a damn. My dog is allowed to shit there. And, if I decide to pick it up, it's definitely going into their trashcan, which by the way is technically owned by my township, so when I say "their trashcan" what I mean is "my designated dogshit receptical".
And if I catch the bastich not picking it up, I’ll offer two options the first time: pick it up or wear it. The second time one option is removed from the decision set. Own the decision to get and/or walk a dog.

So you must think that the person who did this is a member of the McAndrew message board. Otherwise your post is useless. Why do you think that?

Reactions: bison13
Well, my beef is when people throw their trash in their street can loose. For instance just dumping an inside waste basket with everything loose so when the garbage men dump their big trash bin it gets blown all over the street and away it goes. My lady neighbor does this. I am constantly picking up loose paper from my yard. I once even picked up a used tampon on the street. No I did not touch it with my skin. But that is my beef.
Yikes...

But I have to do the same when their loose garbage gets blown around the 'hood. So the problem is loose garbage?

He was venting. Is that not obvious?
I thought these were to be written down and addressed on Festivus (for the rest of us).

images

Well I was upset a few weeks ago after the recycle guys came thru and there was paper blowing all over the street. I though they'd goofed it up and the paper blew out of the bin on the front of the truck when they dumped it (it was windy). But what really happened is that there was a lot of wind the night before, after I'd put my recycle can (with a lid) out--and it got knocked over by the wind and a neighbor had righted it. So it wasn't the trash guys fault at all. But I had a fun morning picking up paper in the street in icy (literal ice) puddles....

Leather became very popular in the late 1800s, and in order to soften leatherpieces, dog poop was used as a softener of sorts. Dog poop was known as “pure” because of the cleansing and softening effects that it had on the tough leather fibers

Is it that big of a deal? Ive never done that nor will I do it, but I'm pretty sure you don't have family dinner in the trash can.

Seriously, what is the problem?

That’s douchey.

Yikes...

But I have to do the same when their loose garbage gets blown around the 'hood. So the problem is loose garbage?
Yes , loose garbage. If my can is on the street you can use it. Not so much if it is next to my garage.
NO LOOSE GARBAGE THOUGH. I also hate when people put beverage cups half fool in the can. It spills ans makes a mess. I do clean my container a couple of times a year mainly in the early summer as it is crawfish season and no matter how much you bag the shells it will leak through.

Reactions: Obliviax
Yes , loose garbage. If my can is on the street you can use it. Not so much if it is next to my garage.
NO LOOSE GARBAGE THOUGH. I also hate when people put beverage cups half fool in the can. It spills ans makes a mess. I do clean my container a couple of times a year mainly in the early summer as it is crawfish season and no matter how much you bag the shells it will leak through.
Agree in total. I think it is easier to just day "don't put your stuff in my garbage". That makes complete sense. But when someone does, it bugs me a bit, but not a lot.

Reactions: Fac
Relax man. At the end of the day, it's just a bag of shit.

My best friend just lost his wife to an unexpected illness. She died within weeks. He is dealing with alot more stuff than a smelly bag of shit in his garbage can.

I guess we all have to try to put this stuff in perspective.

Ya know my kids give me shit for feeling this way or complaining when I buy something that is not what I paid for or damaged(Karens?). Maybe I got it from my old man who scratched and clawed his way from being an orphan to raising and providing a good life he never had for his family. I still am under the belief that I bust my ass to earn good money to not want to piss it away and when I pay for something I want to make sure I am getting what I am paying for. My trash cans are mine and I had to fish enough shit out over the years because the gman doesn't empty it and only takes out the bags. That is sad about your friend, it truely is, but this topic just hit a sore spot for me because there is know common courtesy, respect for the fellow man and I live in a neighborhood where some people just don't give a shit what they do effects other people living here. Now, if the twsp owned the trash can and it was emptied like the twsp owned trashcans where they dump the whole thing I wouldn't care so much at that point. We just have a lot of dog owners in my neighborhood that are just assholes.

Had a neighbor in our plan whose next door neighbor's dog would go in his yard all of the time. Neighbor #1 talked to neighbor #2 and asked him to keep his dog in his own yard or pick up after it when he went next door. Nothing changed. Neighbor #1 picked up the dog dirt in his yard and put it on Neighbor #2's front porch. Nothing changed. Neighbor #1 then picked up the dog dirt and threw it in neighbor #2's swimming pool. Nothing changed. Neighbor #1 then picked up the dog dirt and threw it on the wind shield of neighbor #2's car parked in the driveway. Dog never pooped in his yard again. Just have to find out was is important to offenders and hit em where it gets their attention.

That’s douchey.
Beyond douchey.
Finding out a lot about some people in this thread.

People are crazy, so neighbors suck. I opted to live in the country to avoid this problem. Turns out there's no avoiding it. I have two neighbors. Only two. They got in a fistfight and were arrested last week. The responding state police officer came to my house to inform me. I made him a cup of coffee (after he turned down a cold beer). Nice kid.

Anyway, both neighbors have knocked on my door seeking support in this redneck soap opera. Both were informed to get the hell off my porch. This is my "alone palace" aka my "fortress of solitude." Involve me in your drama and I will nail your windows and doors shut and light your house on fire.

The social code in my "neighborhood" includes this hard and fast rule: Unless you came to party, leave me the f alone.
You didn't play Francis in Stripes, did you?

Reactions: Connorpozlee
Had a neighbor in our plan whose next door neighbor's dog would go in his yard all of the time. Neighbor #1 talked to neighbor #2 and asked him to keep his dog in his own yard or pick up after it when he went next door. Nothing changed. Neighbor #1 picked up the dog dirt in his yard and put it on Neighbor #2's front porch. Nothing changed. Neighbor #1 then picked up the dog dirt and threw it in neighbor #2's swimming pool. Nothing changed. Neighbor #1 then picked up the dog dirt and threw it on the wind shield of neighbor #2's car parked in the driveway. Dog never pooped in his yard again. Just have to find out was is important to offenders and hit em where it gets their attention.
Yes, it’s hard to understand why people do not hear the request and respond appropriately. It’s a shame you have to go to drastic measures to get their attention.

This thread stinks but it's picking up. That a local garbage company's slogan.
"Our business stinks but it's picking up".

Long ago there was a local meat market by the name of Wagner. His slogan was "Nobody beats Wagner's meat".
I bet bob would beat it....

Reactions: Fac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT