ADVERTISEMENT

An open message to the guy who...

Beyond douchey.
Finding out a lot about some people in this thread.

You didn't play Francis in Stripes, did you?
No. Too young to have seen that show or understand the reference fully, despite being aware of it.

Now let's hear how you're much better and more reasonable than everyone else.

Only to the self-righteous.
Right, allowing your dog to shit in somebody else’s lawn and only cleaning it up if you feel like it and if you do choose to do so, making sure to put it in their trash can is about as self-righteously douchey as it gets.

It's dog shit in a trash can. That's where it belongs. You get this bent out of shape because someone put trash in your trash can?

Reactions: Texas Lion
Right, allowing your dog to shit in somebody else’s lawn and only cleaning it up if you feel like it and if you do choose to do so, making sure to put it in their trash can is about as self-righteously douchey as it gets.
Eh. Not my fault they installed those signs on their lawn.

Eh. Not my fault they installed those signs on their lawn.
No, not at all. You would have no reason to have any decision making power on somebody else’s choice of lawn signs. The douchiness would be your fault however.

No, not at all. You would have no reason to have any decision making power on somebody else’s choice of lawn signs. The douchiness would be your fault however.
Well, they could have picked a sign that said "curb your dog". But they didn't.

I had a neighbor when I lived in a townhouse who had 2 dogs he would let go crap in front of the townhouse every morning - he would let them out at like 6:00AM thinking no one would see - they always seemed to crap on my yard - I left him a note about it to no avail so next time they dumped on my lawn I got my shovel and threw it on their front step - after the second time i did it they got the message - there was a ton of open space behind the units so I could never figure out why they let them go in front.

Reactions: Fac
I had a neighbor when I lived in a townhouse who had 2 dogs he would let go crap in front of the townhouse every morning - he would let them out at like 6:00AM thinking no one would see - they always seemed to crap on my yard - I left him a note about it to no avail so next time they dumped on my lawn I got my shovel and threw it on their front step - after the second time i did it they got the message - there was a ton of open space behind the units so I could never figure out why they let them go in front.
where I live, you are not allowed to let your dog on someone else's yard but you can the space between the sidewalk and road (a public easement even though I own it and am responsible for upkeep). As such, if a dog gets on your lawn, you have the right to reasonable actions to correct the situation. I've got two neighbors that got into it. The guy with the great yard put out some kind of super smelly scent (bobcat urine, IIRC). The dogs would roll in it and stink to high heaven. Me? I'd shoot them with a low en BB gun or put out some peanut butter with a small slice of Habenero pepper. I guess local laws prevail so know your laws and your rights!

If signs about peace, love, and understanding get you that bent, you may want to do some self evaluation.
No reason to get bent out of shape, just amused. Among my favorites..."Science is real" saith a Swarthmore humanities major..."No human is illegal", i.e. let anybody and everybody pour across the southern border with impunity...and, that old chestnut "Love is love" when, in fact, for many/most guys. love is pussy (but I digress ).

Why do I feel this way? Am I being selfish? Is my property supposed to be community property? I busted my ass to pay for my own college education and bust my ass everyday working to make money to support my family. I busted my ass to get where I am today and buy the things I own with my own money, why the hell should I feel it is acceptable for some stranger to come along and use my stuff without asking?
I agree with 99% of what you said. But when you are that possessive about your trash, I think you have at least a little selfishness in you.

where I live, you are not allowed to let your dog on someone else's yard but you can the space between the sidewalk and road (a public easement even though I own it and am responsible for upkeep). As such, if a dog gets on your lawn, you have the right to reasonable actions to correct the situation. I've got two neighbors that got into it. The guy with the great yard put out some kind of super smelly scent (bobcat urine, IIRC). The dogs would roll in it and stink to high heaven. Me? I'd shoot them with a low en BB gun or put out some peanut butter with a small slice of Habenero pepper. I guess local laws prevail so know your laws and your rights!
Don’t punish the dog. That’s inhumane. If you must, deal with the dog walker. But you might want to take some class in answer management first.

All I need do is carry my bag out before about 10:00 AM, however, I do it when I go out to get the paper around 6:00. I have not seen any coons or skunks in the hood for years but I am sure they are here with acres of woodland behind the house so I don't take the chance leaving it out over night!

Don’t punish the dog. That’s inhumane. If you must, deal with the dog walker. But you might want to take some class in answer management first.
I am not a bleeding heart. I get stuff done. Take care of your dog or have it taken care of for you. You might want to take a course on reading...I wasn't answering anything.

I am not a bleeding heart. I get stuff done. Take care of your dog or have it taken care of for you. You might want to take a course on reading...I wasn't answering anything.
Getting stuff done means shooting a dog with a BB gun or inflicting it with hot chili pepper? What a dick.

Getting stuff done means shooting a dog with a BB gun or inflicting it with hot chili pepper? What a dick.
When that dog is on my property, it is an animal. No different than a raccoon, opossum or ground hog. The dog won't have much discomfort. In fact, I am probably doing it a favor so that the owner takes care of it before someone really inflicts harm.

Curious, do you eat meat or fish? You know, many parts of the world have cows for pets and eat dogs, right?

Reactions: TheBigUglies
Obli, you have to be the most schizophrenic poster on here. Most of the time, your posts are well thought out and reasonable, even if I don't agree with them. But then every so often you go way, way off the deep end. Shooting a dog with a BB gun because it craps in your yard? Seriously? I think if I saw you do that, I'd beat you with a baseball bat and take my chances with the law. Good grief, man, grow the heck up!

Reactions: Dr. Evel
When that dog is on my property, it is an animal. No different than a raccoon, opossum or ground hog. The dog won't have much discomfort. In fact, I am probably doing it a favor so that the owner takes care of it before someone really inflicts harm.

Curious, do you eat meat or fish? You know, many parts of the world have cows for pets and eat dogs, right?
Hard to believe that you are actually trying to justify shooting a dog with a bb gun or feeding it habenero.
Be a real man and confront the owner. The dog doesn't know any better.

Obli, you have to be the most schizophrenic poster on here. Most of the time, your posts are well thought out and reasonable, even if I don't agree with them. But then every so often you go way, way off the deep end. Shooting a dog with a BB gun because it craps in your yard? Seriously? I think if I saw you do that, I'd beat you with a baseball bat and take my chances with the law. Good grief, man, grow the heck up!
quick question, how do you feel about dog collars that shock the dog if they try to go off property? Is that inhumane?

short or writing a book, there are several permutations.

I didn't and wouldn't advocate anything like that under any circumstances unless all other avenues have been exhausted. First, the homeowner should approach the dog owner and had a civil discussion. If that wasn't heeded, a secondary, more pointed discussion would be had. If that didn't work, a warning would be made "listen, keep your ****ing dog off of my property or I will consider your dog a varmint and will take the necessary action to rid my yard of varmints like any other varmint. " I would then consider taking more punitive actions like leaving bobcat urine on my property line or peanut butter laced with something that would cause a reaction in the dog that was not pleasant. Also, norms are different in affluent suburbs of Philly than they are on a ranch in remote Wyoming.

...put a bag of dog s*it in my trash can. Your dog s*it doesn’t go in my trash can. If it happens again I will put the bag on your porch, set it on fire, and ring your doorbell. Have a nice day, jagoff.
2 words, anger management

Hard to believe that you are actually trying to justify shooting a dog with a bb gun or feeding it habenero.
Be a real man and confront the owner. The dog doesn't know any better.
..and if you do and the owner doesn't comply, then what? What if you've got a three-year-old daughter and the neighbor has a pitbull he leaves out sometimes?

Picturing a scene of the heads spinning around, like in the Exorcist, of all the PETA loving people on the board.

Reactions: Obliviax

If you shot my dog with a BB gun I would do something creative like put weed killer all over your lawn and kill your grass or something equally enjoyable. All kinds of juvenile pranks come to mind.

If you shot my dog with a BB gun I would do something creative like put weed killer all over your lawn and kill your grass or something equally enjoyable. All kinds of juvenile pranks come to mind.
well, that would be a crime and I'd call the police using my ring camera video

ADVERTISEMENT