ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling An early look at Penn State Wrestling's potential lineup in 2022-23

I didn’t realize Creighton Edsel was back? Did I miss something? Otherwise, very little news here. But, thanks for posting. Any news about our Lions is always appreciated. Especially, this time of year!

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
I think our lineup was always pretty obvious. I think Steen and Betancourt will be rotating a lot in at 125 also. I can see RBY and Starocci (my guesses only) taking off the Fall. In that case, Dave Evans and a backup 174 will get some burn. Obviously another question is if Levi goes.

Only other potential shocker I can think of is maybe Brooks and Dean trade weights? It's always been said Brooks planned to go 197 eventually to get ready for 2024.

Predicted for March
125: Steen
133: RBY
141: Bartlett
149: Van Ness
157: Haines
165: Facundo
174: Starocci
184: Brooks
197: Dean
285: Kerkvliet

Reactions: Str8DBLz
I didn’t realize Creighton Edsel was back? Did I miss something? Otherwise, very little news here. But, thanks for posting. Any news about our Lions is always appreciated. Especially, this time of year!
When I read the preview earlier today......it said it was between Edsel and Facundo. It now notes that Edsel retired earlier this year and it will most likely be Facundo. Clearly it was updated between 11:30 and 12:40 today. At least it got updated. Someone is reading this board :)

I think our lineup was always pretty obvious. I think Steen and Betancourt will be rotating a lot in at 125 also. I can see RBY and Starocci (my guesses only) taking off the Fall. In that case, Dave Evans and a backup 174 will get some burn. Obviously another question is if Levi goes.

Only other potential shocker I can think of is maybe Brooks and Dean trade weights? It's always been said Brooks planned to go 197 eventually to get ready for 2024.
A Brook’s redshirt wouldn’t shock me.

As long as Howard is healthy I imagine they keep sending him out onto the mat. The exception might be if he has had a healthy season and a solid Big10 season he might sit the Clarion match. Just because by then nothing to gain would be overwhelmed by a ton to lose.

Didn’t someone report Robbie had a setback recently? I couldn’t find anything about it aside from a post in this forum. Anyone know anything?

It would surprise me. That would mean he would be back for a 6th season in 2025, 7 years out of HS. IMHO he will win two more NCAA titles and then join the NLWC., heir apparent to DT.
Maybe he was talking about British model Kelly Brook and a red shirt

8679694869052725648.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT