ADVERTISEMENT

An anniversay tribute to my mom on this very day several years ago. My life changed forever. Please

TheGLOV

Gold Member
excuse me.

My heart is very heavy tonight. It so very tough to write this but so absolutely necessary. I must announce that I lost my mom yesterday. It hurts so bad. That phone call, the one that comes in the very wee hours of the morning, was made to me yesterday. Oh my heart is heavy. I walk the floors of where I now live, talking to my mom. I'm sure he hears me. I'm sure she knows just how much I loved her. I shake my head, I take deep sighs, I know I've not lost the greatest woman who ever loved me. She gave me everything. Undying love and support, words of wisdom in troubled times. For those of you who have lost your mother or father, you know of what I speak.

My insides are trembling now. I'm thinking so much of times me and my mom shared. I flash from one picture to the next; one memory to the next. Each time I realize now how I'll never see my mom again. Her expressions, her voice, everything I vividly remember is so painfully now a memory. It hurts.

I had to travel over to her Facebook page. You know I just had to. I find it so hard to look at a picture of my mom and see the very faced that loved me so so much. I'm not good at typing a eulogy but I guess that's what this is.

For those of you who knew my mom, let me tell you that you made a difference in her life. Even if it was just for one brief moment, I can say she enjoyed meeting you. She did. She enjoyed meeting people. Friends and acquaintances, anyone who I even spoke of she would; when we talked, would often ask me about. She just enjoyed talking about and finding out about people.

She made so many friends. I want to thank each and every one of you out there that made a difference in my mom's life. I thank you so very much for making her happy. I thank you for anything; even if it was the smallest of things, that made my mom happy. Believe me, it made her day!

It is so painful to type this. For anybody who has not told that special person in your life that you love them; please do so now. Do it the very first chance you get.

Yesterday, was so very difficult. My mind was racing everywhere. Moments in time seem to last forever. Time moved so slow yet; you have to do what needs to be done. Conversations, phone calls, decisions, all seem to have the weight of a 1000 lbs. if not more; must be made and dealt with. It hurts so bad.

Mom, I owe you so very much! So so much!

For those of you that I did not talk to yesterday, I will try to reach out to you today and the coming days. If you have my phone number, or if anybody asks you for my phone number and you have it, please give it to them and call.

Any words of wisdom that my mom spoke to me are resounding in my head now. She gave me and made me; the essence of who I am. Though God has called her home, she will live on in me. That I know for sure.

I am going to try and post her picture here for all to see. I only hope I don't make a mistake and lose this what I've typed.

You don't know how many times I had to stop typing this and wipe my eyes. It hurts; it really does.

My mom; like yours, was the best!

I love you mom!!

Your son,

Bob

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your loss, Glov. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time. I know exactly how it feels as i lost my dad a few years ago and i was absolutely devastated as i was still young and I would usually not make any big decisions in my life without first running it by him. He was my everything, just like your mother was for you. All i will say is that remember all the good times and celebrate her life. She clearly raised you the right way.

One thing that usually works for me is that: at night, before i fall asleep, i usually have a small conversation with my dad.. everynight! It could be a 2 min convo or a 5-10 min convo. That might sound crazy, but I tell him how my day went. It definitely helps me. Maybe it could help you too, and im sure your mother would like to hear from you everyday. Trust me she is listening!

Take care, brother!

Reactions: fairgambit
So sorry to hear. Hang in there . Lost both parents last 4 years so I can relate

excuse me.

My heart is very heavy tonight. It so very tough to write this but so absolutely necessary. I must announce that I lost my mom yesterday. It hurts so bad. That phone call, the one that comes in the very wee hours of the morning, was made to me yesterday. Oh my heart is heavy. I walk the floors of where I now live, talking to my mom. I'm sure he hears me. I'm sure she knows just how much I loved her. I shake my head, I take deep sighs, I know I've not lost the greatest woman who ever loved me. She gave me everything. Undying love and support, words of wisdom in troubled times. For those of you who have lost your mother or father, you know of what I speak.

My insides are trembling now. I'm thinking so much of times me and my mom shared. I flash from one picture to the next; one memory to the next. Each time I realize now how I'll never see my mom again. Her expressions, her voice, everything I vividly remember is so painfully now a memory. It hurts.

I had to travel over to her Facebook page. You know I just had to. I find it so hard to look at a picture of my mom and see the very faced that loved me so so much. I'm not good at typing a eulogy but I guess that's what this is.

For those of you who knew my mom, let me tell you that you made a difference in her life. Even if it was just for one brief moment, I can say she enjoyed meeting you. She did. She enjoyed meeting people. Friends and acquaintances, anyone who I even spoke of she would; when we talked, would often ask me about. She just enjoyed talking about and finding out about people.

She made so many friends. I want to thank each and every one of you out there that made a difference in my mom's life. I thank you so very much for making her happy. I thank you for anything; even if it was the smallest of things, that made my mom happy. Believe me, it made her day!

It is so painful to type this. For anybody who has not told that special person in your life that you love them; please do so now. Do it the very first chance you get.

Yesterday, was so very difficult. My mind was racing everywhere. Moments in time seem to last forever. Time moved so slow yet; you have to do what needs to be done. Conversations, phone calls, decisions, all seem to have the weight of a 1000 lbs. if not more; must be made and dealt with. It hurts so bad.

For those of you that I did not talk to yesterday, I will try to reach out to you today and the coming days. If you have my phone number, or if anybody asks you for my phone number and you have it, please give it to them and call.

Any words of wisdom that my mom spoke to me are resounding in my head now. She gave me and made me; the essence of who I am. Though God has called her home, she will live on in me. That I know for sure.

I am going to try and post her picture here for all to see. I only hope I don't make a mistake and lose this what I've typed.

You don't know how many times I had to stop typing this and wipe my eyes. It hurts; it really does.

I love you mom!!

Your son,

Bob
Wow...words fail... All the best in this most difficult time. Maybe it would help to focus on how much your Mom enriched your life, and to realize you will carry that enrichment with you the rest of your life.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Beautiful words Glov. Your mom sounds like someone I'd like to have known.

I figured out why so many of us have made posts like this here (including me). Most of us here are guys. We generally suck at expressing our emotions outright. Pounding them out on a keyboard here after deliberate thought is our MO. I'm glad you posted and hope it helped.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

I know what this is like. And it never leaves you. One carries on but life is never quite the same. Continue to cherish your memories, Glov.

A Mother's love need not be earned (the only unconditional love we will ever know). As a result, those of us who have experienced that loss will forever grieve.

You are never ready for the loss of a parent. I was in my late 20s when my mom passed away from cancer- and in my mid 50s when dad died from a stroke, and yes, I still think of them every day.

She was a lucky woman to have you in her life.

Your words were beautiful.

Hang in there, brother.

Remember how great it was to be a kid? The dates we marked were our birthdays, Christmas, last day of school, family vacations and picnics on the 4th of July etc. Now I remember the dates my Dad, Mom (Tgiving Day) and Wife (9 years 2 months and 2 days ago) died. Remember that photo we all pose for on our wedding day? Both set of parents and the happy couple? Try being the only one left! I just know that sooner or later our lives change radically. Some of us never quite negotiate that turn.

excuse me.

I love you mom!!

Your son,

Bob
Bob,
My family's thoughts and prayers go out to you today. I hope you heal short term but I know the memories last forever!
m48tank

Remember how great it was to be a kid?
The dates we marked were our birthdays, Christmas, last day of school, family vacations and picnics on the 4th of July etc. Now I remember the dates my Dad, Mom (Tgiving Day) and Wife (9 years 2 months and 2 days ago) died. Remember that photo we all pose for on our wedding day? Both set of parents and the happy couple? Try being the only one left! I just know that sooner or later our lives change radically. Some of us never quite negotiate that turn.

Indeed! Good times!!

excuse me.

I love you mom!!

Your son,

Bob

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom on December 2, 2011. I feel your pain.

May she Rest In Peace.

excuse me.

I love you mom!!

Your son,

Bob

Clearly a special relationship that you were blessed to be a part of. I read your story while sitting in a hospice room as my brother in law starts his journey to the Lord. Super guy who was married 58 years to my wife’s sister. It is hard to say goodbye to special people.

excuse me.

I love you mom!!

Your son,

Bob
Great tribute Glov. I still have my mom but I lost my dad in 2005 (seven months after I lost my brother in a car crash). I feel your pain and your words remind me of how lucky I am to still have my mom. Hang in there....it will get easier, but it will never go away and I think that’s a good thing. Never forget the ones who shaped us.

So sorry, Glov. I lost my mom in the early morning hours of December 26th eleven years ago. My wife and I spent most of Christmas evening that year in the ER with her.I think she hung on long enough so we would not have that difficult memory to deal with on Christmas.It was so like her.

A year and a half later, our first granddaughter was born. She carries my mother's middle name as hers. So does another granddaughter. In a way my Mom lives on in these two little ones.

Be assured that your Mom will remain in your heart forever. You were blessed to be her son.

excuse me.

I love you mom!!

Your son,

Bob

God Bless !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT