ADVERTISEMENT

Amusing parking lot incident yesterday...

OldTiredLion

May 25, 2013
So I'm parked really close to a small group of obviously recent grads and also within earshot of a three vehicle caravan of fortyish parents with young-to-early teens in the group. Both parties are well equipped with sound systems to enjoy their favorite music.

During the pre-game festivities the recent alums start playing some rap music containing lyrics which George Carlin used to mention on his "Seven words you can't say on TV" routine. Very graphic. I think I even might have learned a couple things and I'm an ex-sailor! The other folks are more the Barry Manilow/John Denver crowd. The decibel level increases notably as they try to drown out the opposition. Anyway, the Mom & Pop folks are getting noticeably upset and one particularly offended Mommy approaches the "miscreants" and either asked or demanded they revise their play list, decrease the volume or die! (Okay, I threw that last one in there, but you get the idea)

When no compromise can be found the old fogies flag down a roving patrol of parking lot law enforcement types and plead their case to State College/PSU/PSP's finest. But by this time the other group have seen the "heat," cleaned-up their act and Bruce Springsteed is blaring from the speakers. The cops just told both parties if they BOTH don't turn it down he was gonna issue citations to everyone including Little Jenny with the Big Bird stuffed doll. Problem resolved, no arrests, no blood and everybody goes back their burgers and beer, in silence!

I'm well past the 40's, but people just need to lighten up and mind their own business.

Almost got hit with a nail flying out of a game of stump a few years ago. Only time I’ve ever had words with a neighboring tailgate. Dumbest game of all time.

Almost got hit with a nail flying out of a game of stump a few years ago. Only time I’ve ever had words with a neighboring tailgate. Dumbest game of all time.
What - A Hammer, a stump, lots of nails and tons of booze what could possible go wrong and and I agree the dumbest "game" I have ever seen.

Never understood the "play loud music" at a tailgate thing. I go to drink, eat, and talk to friends. I don't want to have to yell at people in order to talk to them. If I want that, I will go to a bar on College Ave.

Fortyish = old fogies? I shudder to think what I am.

Personally I'm well past forty. I'd call myself ancient and too old to give a damn anymore about much. But of course I didn't have any young kid's at my tailgate, just a bunch of other old farts who've heard and seen it all.

Personally I'm well past forty. I'd call myself ancient and too old to give a damn anymore about much. But of course I didn't have any young kid's at my tailgate, just a bunch of other old farts who've heard and seen it all.

Bottom line: Caution, COURTESY and common sense should be the 'rule' !

Bring in the helicopter!!!

Yes bring it, my new tailgating rig...

quad_50_cal_on_half_track__by_dcolb121.jpg

I've never even heard of that game before.
milwaukee-framing-hammers-48-22-9022-64_1000.jpg

A 22 ounce framing hammer should get you the win...if you nick the nail, lookout, in coming, let's be safe out there

The Drinking Game “Stump” Will Take Your Tailgate To The Next Level. The goal of Stump is to flip a hammer in the air and then, in one motion, drive your opponents' nails into a tree stump. If your nail gets hit, you take a drink.

Last edited:
Reactions: bkmtnittany1
The Drinking Game “Stump” Will Take Your Tailgate To The Next Level. The goal of Stump is to flip a hammer in the air and then, in one motion, drive your opponents' nails into a tree stump. If your nail gets hit, you take a drink.

Yea boy and howdy that is really going to take my tailgate to the next level. Who needs that outdoor 65" LCD TV when
you got a stump, some nails, some hammers and a bunch of drunks. SMH.

Reactions: step.eng69
milwaukee-framing-hammers-48-22-9022-64_1000.jpg

A 22 ounce framing hammer should get you the win...if you nick the nail, lookout, in coming, let's be safe out there

"Stump"....the game that requires you to be as dumb as one to play.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT