ADVERTISEMENT

America Cup......Mark Hall and others

Sportfan2017

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2017
Mark Hall vs Brett Pfarr 86Kg
Quick Takedown by Hall.......no turn. 2-0. Hall taking all the shots....Pfarr gets passivity call. Pd. 1 ends....Hall leads 2-0.
Hall with a strange toss. Given 4 but challenged. Long review and Mark gets 2....leads 4-0. Mark with cradle and puts him to his back. 20 sec. or so.....no pin. Hall leads 6-0. Pfarr with a TD with 25 sec. to go. Close but no turns. Mark wins 6-2
Lugo defeats Nahshon Garrett 10-7 at 65kg
Mitch McKee said he couldn't wait to get his hands on Yianni. He will have to wait a bit longer.....Yianni with the 11-0 tech at 65kg
Zillmer defeats Macchiavello again 3-1. He should finally pass Mach in the rankings at 97kg
Gwiz techs Tanner Hall 11-1
Vito techs Sean Russel 10-0. That was Vito's second scoreless tech today. at 57 kg
Nahshon Garrett looks good in a 13-4 win over Ethan Lizak. Lots of Takedowns
Josh Shields sighting...at 74kg. After falling behind 3-0.....Josh comes back with a 13-3 tech over Perkin. Again....mostly takedowns.
Brett Pfarr was down 5-0. Got a TD in the 2nd to close it to 5-2. With 8 sec. remaining.....Pfarr gets a TD and a turn to win 6-5 over Muhamed McBryde at 86kg
Dom Bradley defeats Tony Nelson 2-1 in a action-packed match. Just Kidding. All 3 points were shot clock points. No need for Sominex tonight :)
Pat Lugo with the first period pin over Lizak
Evan Wick with an 8-2 win over Josh Shields
Mark Hall vs Muhamed McBryde: McBryde is clearly bigger. Mark with the TD at 50 seconds.....gets a trap arm and gets 2 turns.....leads 6-0. A little readjust and Hall gets 2 more turns......gets the tech 10-0 at 1:10.
J'den Cox makes a quick appearance and quick exit....10-0 Tech over Ben Honis
That ends the day. Mark Hall is on the same team as Lugo and Wick. They won both matches today despite getting nothing from 57kg or 125kg. They get a bye into tomorrow's Semifinals so Mark will only have 2 matches tomorrow. See you then

Last edited:
Mark Hall vs Brett Pfarr 86Kg
Quick Takedown by Hall.......no turn. 2-0. Hall taking all the shots....Pfarr gets passivity call. Pd. 1 ends....Hall leads 2-0.
Hall with a strange toss. Given 4 but challenged. Long review and Mark gets 2....leads 4-0. Mark with cradle and puts him to his back. 20 sec. or so.....no pin. Hall leads 6-0. Pfarr with a TD with 25 sec. to go. Close but no turns. Mark wins 6-2
Lugo defeats Nahshon Garrett 10-7 at 65kg
Mitch McKee said he couldn't wait to get his hands on Yianni. He will have to wait a bit longer.....Yianni with the 11-0 tech at 65kg
Zillmer defeats Macchiavello again 3-1. He should finally pass Mach in the rankings at 97kg
Gwiz techs Tanner Hall 11-1
Vito techs Sean Russel 10-0. That was Vito's second scoreless tech today. at 57 kg
Nahshon Garrett looks good in a 13-4 win over Ethan Lizak. Lots of Takedowns
Josh Shields sighting...at 74kg. After falling behind 3-0.....Josh comes back with a 13-3 tech over Perkin. Again....mostly takedowns.
Brett Pfarr was down 5-0. Got a TD in the 2nd to close it to 5-2. With 8 sec. remaining.....Pfarr gets a TD and a turn to win 6-5 over Muhamed McBryde at 86kg
Dom Bradley defeats Tony Nelson 2-1 in a action-packed match. Just Kidding. All 3 points were shot clock points. No need for Sominex tonight :)
Pat Lugo with the first period pin over Lizak
Evan Wick with an 8-2 win over Josh Shields
Mark Hall vs Muhamed McBryde: McBryde is clearly bigger. Mark with the TD at 50 seconds.....gets a trap arm and gets 2 turns.....leads 6-0. A little readjust and Hall gets 2 more turns......gets the tech 10-0 at 1:10.
J'den Cox makes a quick appearance and quick exit....10-0 Tech over Ben Honis
That ends the day. Mark Hall is on the same team as Lugo and Wick. They won both matches today despite getting nothing from 57kg or 125kg. They get a bye into tomorrow's Semifinals so Mark will only have 2 matches tomorrow. See you then
Thx for updates! Much obliged

Reactions: danoftw
AMERICA CUP DAY 2:
57kg.
No match. This has happened at 57kg. a couple of times.
Mitch McKee........will we see the head pinch? YES.......and gets the quick fall over Ethan Lizak
Julian Ramirez goes to 3-0 with a 5-3 win over J. Phulka
Max Dean goes to 2-0 with a late tech over McBryde 12-2. He only wrestled once yesterday. One no contest.
J'Den Cox vs Zillmer: Cox with a quick TD....can't turn. Hand fighting for the next 2+ minutes. Cox leads 2-0 at break. Zillmer shoots double..settles for single....quick stalemate. No action...Zillmer on clock. Cox leads 3-0. Late TD by J'den......5-0 final
Tanner Hall vs Tony Nelson for the team match: After 2 min. Hall on the clock. Nelson leads 1-0. Nelson with late pushout 2-0 at break. Hall finally shoots gets pushout. Nelson leads 2-1. ZZZZzzzz...sorry......dozed off.....it ends 2-1. Nelson's Team Carl Adams will face Mark Hall's team next.
Carl Adams Interview: Carl Adams .....inventor of the Adams Takedown Machine ....discussed his career...coaching...changes in current wrestling. Very Interesting. He says because of Covid....he is selling more machines than ever and is working 7 days a week as a 70 year old. Good for him

Team Douglas vs Team Monday:
Arujau vs Perelli 57kg:
Trade Pushouts ...first score against Vito. Vito scores late and leads 3-1 at break. Vito with a tilt 5-1. Lots of action...trading tilts ..7-5 Vito. Vito gets tight leg lace and scores repeatedly....15-5 tech. Vito is now 3-0
Nahshon Garrett vs Josh Saunders at 65Kg: Nahshon with a TD. Another TD at 35 seconds...4-0. Quick ankle pick TD with 3 seconds left. 6-0 at the break. 1 minute remaining...Nahshon with the first real shot and converts. 8-0. Gets a turn and ends it 10-0 Nahshon.
Quincy Monday vs Elway Perkin at 74Kg: Scramble...Perkin gets 2 tilts..leads 4-0. Perkin TD 6-0. Quincy wants brick tossed. Erase TD...Quincy awarded 2...Perkin 1. Now 5-2.... 1:40 left. Monday with TD at .41 sec. 5-4. Monday shoots...Perkin with exposure...leads 7-4 at the break. Perkin with TD.....then turn.....gets the PIN.
Brett Pfarr vs Ryan Epps at 86Kg: Epps with TD. Epps with unders and gets pushout. Epps 3-0. This would be an upset. On cue Pfarr with late TD. 3-2 at the break. After 1 minute Pfarr gets stepout. 3-3. Pfarr gets TD.....then another....leads 7-3 with 1:15 to go. That is how it ends. 7-3 and Bobby Douglas Team clinches the match
Boykin vs Schafer at 97Kg: 1-0 at the break. Didn't miss much. Lots of TDs in the second.. ..Schafer wins 8-6
Bradley vs Streck at 125 Kg; I blinked.....Bradley with TD and 4 turns 10-0 Team Douglas wins 5-1

Team Carl Adams vs Team Simon Roberts

No contest at 57Kg again. Sorry...I was cooking dinner. so just the scores,
Lugo wins over Ethan Lizak 10-0 in 47 seconds
Wick wins 10-0 over Julian Ramirez in 4:12
Mark Hall vs Josh Shields at 86Kg:
Shields gets passivity warning at 2:13. Hall with a Single Leg...gets a front headlock with Shields flat on the mat....Ref calls Stalemate. Mark grins as coach Slay says something. Hall with a Go behind TD at 1:04. Hall pushing....Shields to a knee...grounded. Hall lets him up. Shields waits about 5 sec......gets up.... Pushout for Hall with 8 sec. left 3-0 at the break. Hall with a Duck for 2. 5-0 at 2:30. Hall takes a shot and Shields gets a go behind. Hall got knee to the head and was stunned. Stalemate called and Hall makes it through the last 15 seconds....wins 5-2. Hall is 3-0 this tournament. Hall's win puts his team into the finals.
97Kg: J'Den with a workmanlike 12-0 tech over Ben Honis
125Kg: Forfeit Team Adams wins but final score is 4-1 team Simon Roberts. Mark Hall and team in the finals.

Team Lloyd Keaser vs Team Bobby Douglas

57Kg: No Contest again
65Kg: Nahshon Garrett vs Evan Henderson:
Garrett in on a single and converts. 2-0. Garrett in on another single..looks like a TD then chest wrap by Evan....Garrett back on top. Challenge bricks....weird sequence. You may want to watch this one. Interesting. When all is said and done they call 4 Red-2 Blue-1 for red. Nahshon leads 8-2. Pretty unique sequence. With 10 sec. left Nahshon gets behind.. and tosses Evan back for 4.....directly on his head. 12-2 Garrett.....Evan still on the mat. Two minutes pass and Henderson is still flat on his back as they checking on his neck. Evan finally up and has a smile....good news
74Kg: Chad Walsh vs Elroy Perkin: Perkin with a nice duck and converts. 2-0 Perkin convers a double leg and turn 6-0. Cool scramble at the end of period. Looks like each got a turn. Officials get together...just 2 for Walsh. Period ends 6-2 for Perkin. Opening scramble and Walsh gets 2. Perkin reverses. 7-4. Walsh immediately off the whistle goes for a single...now a double and BAM......gets a FIVE point throw. Walsh up 9-7. Perkin in on a single...scramble...Perkin gets exposure...more scramble...Perkin gets another tilt...leads 11-9 with 56 sec. Scramble....Perkin gets 2. 13-9. Walsh in on an attack with 6 seconds...gets 2 and a leg lace. They say time expired at 13-11 but challenge brick gets tossed. Wild match....crucial match. They give Walsh the lace and wins 13-13 thanks to that 5 point throw
86Kg: Pfarr vs Loew: Loew with TD. Pfarr gets 2. Loew with another TD....4-2 at the break. Pfarr with a TD...gets a lace..tries to turn him and WOW. The ref just gave Loew 2 saying he held Pfarr down with his ankles. Have never seen that. Brick for certain. Refs say 6-5 Loew. Pfarr tosses the brick back and says "Lets Go". He is confident. Oops...Loew with a TD on the edge. 8-5. Pfarr gets TD...can't turn....8-7 with 56 sec. Pfarr in on leg...scramble and Loew gets in a better position and it ends. 8-7 Loew. Big win for the team
97Kg Macchiavello vs Boykin: Mach in on a shot...TD and turns. 6-0. Another TD and turn 10-0 tech.
125 Kg: Gwiz vs Bradley: Gwiz gets in on a single...coverts on the edge...2-0. Not much action and the period ends with Gwiz up 2-0. Again....clubbing and holding. Bradley goes on the clock. Nothing changes......Gwiz wins 3-0. His team faces Mark Hall's team in the finals for the big dollars

5th Place Match: Team Kemp vs Team Monday:
57 Kg: Zach Sanders vs Frank Perrelli:
Sanders wins 4-2....reversing the result of their first match.
65 Kg: Yianni vs Mitch McKee: Yianni with a great duck for TD at the 2 min mark. converts a tilt. 4-0 Yianni. Yianni with a shot....McKee chest wraps him for 2 and then again. Ref says 2. 4-4. Challenge Brick. Team of Lawyers huddle at desk :). They erase McKee's 2 and give Yianni the Two...6-2. Challenge brick from McKee. Lawyers charging by the minute I think. Another long review. Did I say long....another 3 minutes go by. I think I'll take a shower. Another minute....they give Yianni another 1. 7-2 at the break. Yianni puts him on the back...looking for the pin. Mckee's head goes out of bounce.....they circle back in bounds. Ref now blows dead..says out of Bounds. Another F$#@ing review.. 9-2 Yianni. Yianni shoots....McKee locks a cradle gets 2.....rolls through....another try....2 more....nearly a pin but now 9-6. Yianni shoots Mckee chest wrap for 2. Yianni tilts McKee......11-8. Yianni gets Leg lace but can't turn. 11-8 with 40 sec. Yianni shoots....McKee chest wraps him AGAIN. 11-10. Yianni gets 1 for reversal and a quick lace. Final score 14-10 Wild Ride
74 Kg: No Match. Not certain if it is a forfeit or No Contest.
86Kg: Epps vs Max Dean: First 90 sec.......no scoring attempts. Dean gets 2 on the edge. 2-0. No more shots and it is 2-0 at the break. Dean gets 2 unders...switches to double for the TD and a lace. 6-0. Dean given time gets a gut and turns 8-0. They are back up. Quick TD by Dean ends it 10-0
97Kg: No Match Again. They announce No contest. Do they still get paid?
125 Kg: Tanner Hall vs Shawn Streck: Streck needs to win. Hall gets the only TD and turn....wins 6-2. The other 4 points were push outs. Team Kemp wins 5th place.

They announce there will be an exhibition match between Yianni and Lugo later today. Could be a good one.

3rd Place Match: Team Bobby Douglas vs Team Carl Adams:
57Kg: No Match........Again
65Kg: Nahshon Garret vs Ethan Lizak:
Nahshon immediate TD. 2-0. Another single leg converts 4-0. not much going on. Garrett gets pushout with 1 sec left. 5-0 at break. Nahshon with a Go behind for 2 and 2 guts and it is over. Garrett wins 11-0
74Kg: Julian Ramirez vs Elroy Perkin: Ramirez with a TD. Gets a Trap arm and it is over in 36 seconds. 10-0
86Kg: Brett Pfarr vs Josh Shields: Shields bumping up for this one. After 2 minutes...Shields is on the clock. 1-0 Pfarr. With 3 sec left Pfarr converts the TD. 3-0 at the break. Shields shoots but Pfarr is to big and too long.....gets stuffed. Pfarr reaches the leg and gets 2. 5-0 Shields in again...lifts the leg but can't convert. Too much length. Pfarr with late TD ends it wins 7-0
97Kg: J'Den Cox vs Scottie Boykin: Boykin in on the leg...Cox stuffs it and turns it into an exposure. J'den gets a trap arm and turn....then to a chest wrap and 2 turns....8-0. J'den with a Push Out. 9-0. An ankle pick ends it 11-0. Keep an eye on this Cox guy.....gonna be a good one :)
125Kg: No Match Waiting on who wins.....lots of money on the line. Dom Bradley is ready to go but Tony Nelson got a few stiches in his head.
Vito sat at 57Kg and Nelson sat at 125Kg. All competed matches were shutouts. Both teams had 11-0 techs. Carl Adams also had a 10-0 tech. Thanks to Josh Shields bumping up and holding Pfarr to a 7-0 decision....his team wins 3rd place. Well Done

FIRST PLACE MATCH: : Team Simon Roberts vs Team Lloyd Keaser:

57Kg: Daniel DeShazer(SR) vs Guesseppe Rea villarroel(LK):
after 90 seconds a Head Pinch by DeShazer puts him up 2-0. DeShazer gets a stepout at 38 sec. Challenge brick. Challenge won....2-0. DeShazer with a TD and 3 Guts and it is OVER with 11 seconds left in the first. Mark Hall's team is up 1-0
65Kg: Pat Lugo gets the Forfeit. Team Simon Roberts is up 2 matches to Zero. There will be an exhibition match between Lugo and Yianni instead. Yippi
Lugo vs Yianni:
Lugo gets somewhat close to a pushout. Lugo in on a leg....Yianni Limp legs out of it. Yianni with the shot. Seatbelt Whizzer from Lugo. Lugo shelfs the leg and gets a TD. Lugo 2-0. Can't turn the Gutwrench. Yianni in on a shot.....brief scramble.....gets the TD 2-2 40 sec. left Period ends 2-2. Lugo goes for cradle...has Yianni folded. Houdini gets out and scores a pushout. Wow. 3-2 Yianni. Shot by Lugo. Too shallow...Yianni gets behind TD 5-2. Lugo with the shot....Yianni Chest wraps....no score. Yianni with late TD....ends 7-2. Now.....back to the money matches :)
74Kg: Evan Wick vs Chad Walsh: Wick shoots...no score. Wick again...gets TD 30 sec. in. 2-0 Wick. Wick shoots again...gets leg and converts. 4-0. Wick with a shallow shot....Pd. 1 ends Wick leads 4-0. Wick in again. Scramble..nothing. Wick in again....walsh gets tilt. 6-2. Wick in....chest wrap by Walsh. 2 given for exposure for Wick.....Brick tossed. After review...2 for Walsh...0 for wick. Now 6-4 with 23 sec. Wick given 2 for exposure. Brick tossed again. After review they call 2 and 2. Final is 8-6 Wick
86Kg: Mark Hall vs Chris Foca: Mark duck attempt....Nope. Mark with strange shot.....Foca gets 2 for exposure. Hall gets 2 for exposure. 2-2. Period ends 2-2. About a 40 sec. in Foca shoots and Hall eventually gets behind and breaks him down for 2. Hall leads 4-2. Clock winding down and Foca gets one on a step out. That is how it ends. Hall wins 4-3 and finishes the tournament 4-0. Undefeated wrestlers get a bonus. Good for Mark
97Kg: Mach beats Honis 7-1
125Kg: Gwiz pins Ryan

Mark Hall's team wins 4-2. First place. Congrats

Last edited:
Mark doesn't look like himself. Doesn't seem to have a ton of fire. Also definitely not an 86 kg.

Mark doesn't look like himself. Doesn't seem to have a ton of fire. Also definitely not an 86 kg.
Well.....he beat Pfarr ..a legitimate 86Kg....6-2 and did get a 10-0 tech in his second match. He may have been concussed in his first match today. That said......he looked a bit pudgy tonight. 79Kg is probably his ultimate.....but that is a tweener weight for the big prizes :( He went 4-0 and won some $. I am happy for him. Great young man.

86Kg: Mark Hall vs Chris Foca: Mark duck attempt....Nope. Mark with strange shot.....Foca gets 2 for exposure. Hall gets 2 for exposure. 2-2. Period ends 2-2. About a 40 sec. in Foca shoots and Hall eventually gets behind and breaks him down for 2. Hall leads 4-2. Clock winding down and Foca gets one on a step out. That is how it ends. Hall wins 4-3 and finishes the tournament 4-0. Undefeated wrestlers get a bonus. Good for Mark

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
for those that arent flo subscribers, anyone care to share some details of the Cstar/Foca match
Period 1 lots of ties mostly initiated by Foca. Collar and arms. Starocci scores 2 with quick single. After 10 second ride, cuts him. Starocci again deep on single but stalemate to end period.
Second period Starocci is down. Escape after 30 seconds, more collar ties. Foca attempts terrible shot, stumbles and Starocci scores easy go behind. Period ends 5-1.
Starocci cuts Foca after 30, gets in deep on another single. Foca tries to sit and get funky, Carter hooks the leg and muscles out 2. 7-2 Starocci rides hard and established riding time. Cuts him and immediately scores 2 on a blast double. Rides out Foca for 10-3 win. All Foca's points were from being cut.

Here’s 2 post that didnt age well hahaha
Am I supposed to be impressed that Mark had to get a late pushout to squeak by a much younger and less accomplished wrestler? He doesn't look like he's anywhere near making any noise at 86 kg and looks tiny. He's a 3x age level world champ and not even a top 5 guy at his weight 2 years out of college. I'm guessing you don't follow freestyle very closely? Or maybe I just have a higher opinion of Mark than you?

Am I supposed to be impressed that Mark had to get a late pushout to squeak by a much younger and less accomplished wrestler? He doesn't look like he's anywhere near making any noise at 86 kg and looks tiny. He's a 3x age level world champ and not even a top 5 guy at his weight 2 years out of college. I'm guessing you don't follow freestyle very closely? Or maybe I just have a higher opinion of Mark than you?
I'll just go ahead and do it for @donboy6499

"You good?"

“He doesnt look like he’s anywhere near................ “

then

”maybe I just have a higher opinion of Mark than you”

I follow FS, yes,but Im not a mindreader, this one got me puzzled.

“He doesnt look like he’s anywhere near................ “

then

”maybe I just have a higher opinion of Mark than you”

I follow FS, yes,but Im not a mindreader, this one got me puzzled.
Okay, I'll help you out. The original post was saying Mark doesn't look like himself. I think a 3x world champ, ncaa champ, and someone who never failed to make the ncaa finals is elite. His recent results have not been elite.

You're bragging about a razor close win over Trent Hidlay. I don't think that's a brag-worthy win. So when I say "maybe I have a higher opinion of Mark than you" I mean that I seem to think Mark is capable of much better wrestling than you do. When I see him win late vs. Hidlay and lose vs. Jackson and Foster, I think the same thing: based on pedigrees, these are not good results for Mark.

I'm surprised you can't see the obvious response. He's not in the PSU room anymore. Can't exactly help his development to leave the best upper weight program in the country.

I'll just go ahead and do it for @donboy6499

"You good?"
Seems a bit “caddywampus”, doesn’t he? Fact of the matter is Mark got robbed out of competing in college this past season. If anybody deserved an extra year it was last year’s seniors. Hall never even took a redshirt. Two years out of college my ass - he graduated 4 months ago!

I liked Mark’s interview with USA Wrestling. He makes zero apologies or excuses for wrestling at 86 kg. “You know what, I’ve been wrestling non-stop for two decades. At this time I have no interest in sucking weight. I’m talented enough to make up for the size difference. Maybe in the future I’ll change my mind, but right now I’m all in.”

Okay, I'll help you out. The original post was saying Mark doesn't look like himself. I think a 3x world champ, ncaa champ, and someone who never failed to make the ncaa finals is elite. His recent results have not been elite.

You're bragging about a razor close win over Trent Hidlay. I don't think that's a brag-worthy win. So when I say "maybe I have a higher opinion of Mark than you" I mean that I seem to think Mark is capable of much better wrestling than you do. When I see him win late vs. Hidlay and lose vs. Jackson and Foster, I think the same thing: based on pedigrees, these are not good results for Mark.

I'm surprised you can't see the obvious response. He's not in the PSU room anymore. Can't exactly help his development to leave the best upper weight program in the country.
No where was I bragging, and honestly feel he would do better at 79, but you go ahead and “seem to think” whatever you feel like, you are giving us something to mock.

No where was I bragging, and honestly feel he would do better at 79, but you go ahead and “seem to think” whatever you feel like, you are giving us something to mock.
So your big own was that you agree with my original take?

giphy.gif

Reactions: danoftw

You don’t really have to help us out.

ADVERTISEMENT