ADVERTISEMENT

Allysa Rose from Graveyard Carz is a real cutie.

fairgambit

Aug 20, 2010
That is all.:)

14481938_702689396546585_3446146134063362161_o.jpg

Cws_7lSVIAAHMhL.jpg

I also like FantomWorks.

Not sure I've seen that one... are deadlines , in any way/shape/form, involved in the plot or show-formula?

I'd be remiss if i did not mention that I also give a nod to Wayne Carini's Chasing Classic Cars as he avoids most of the drama and keeps the show car-focussed... plus, love when they show his buddy Roger turning wrenches... the episode where he buys Paul Newman's Volvo 940 wagon-sleeper was my favorite
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741801

Last edited:
Not sure I've seen that one... are deadlines , in any way/shape/form, involved in the plot or show-formula?

They always are. But not taken as comically seriously as the other shows. The reason I like this one is that the proprietor/star of the show seems like a no nonsense kind of guy - he is here to build you the car you want, and may also tell you he may have to build you the car you need. He also has no problem telling you bad news in a very matter of fact way.

I had the money and the interest in having a car built for me, like a 59 Corvette Resto Mod, he would be the guy.

FantomWorks - it's on the Velocity Channel.

They always are. But not taken as comically seriously as the other shows. The reason I like this one is that the proprietor/star of the show seems like a no nonsense kind of guy - he is here to build you the car you want, and may also tell you he may have to build you the car you need. He also has no problem telling you bad news in a very matter of fact way.

I had the money and the interest in having a car built for me, like a 59 Corvette Resto Mod, he would be the guy.

Velocity Channel... no thanks. these are the same people that are ruining Wheeler Dealers

I'd be remiss if i did not mention that I also give a nod to Wayne Carini's Chasing Classic Cars as he avoids most of the drama and keeps the show car-focussed... plus, love when they show his buddy Roger turning wrenches... the episode where he buys Paul Newman's Volvo 940 wagon-sleeper was my favorite
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741801
Agree. I love the show.

I watch it often and enjoy it.

I still have a T-shirt from 1980.

It appears that we both go by the generally accepted rule: If you haven't worn a piece of clothing in the last 50 years, get rid of it.
I have a couple from my PSU days--one for the Sugar Bowl vs Bama....

Some of the builds do have a deadline, but they tend to be of the "months from now" variety and not the "we have a week to do this for no apparent reason" sort.

Most of their builds are measured in the multiples of weeks sort, they keep you apprised of the day count as it progresses and it is not unusual to have builds that the day counts is three digit numbers.

I can only recall maybe one or two builds that he did that had some sort of "talking about 4-6 weeks from now" there was someone who was doing the Mile Migula or something, so he needed it, but typically the owner of the shop is of the "it will take as long as it is going to take to do it right" mindset.

These guys took over our old lease when we all sold out a few years ago. I guess they used to have a tv show? Not sure. I do know that no one in town wants to deal with them. Laughable estimates and months of inactivity is what I hear.

Bubba's East Coast Customs

ac85ff39b9.jpg
4441650128_ae2c5ddec9_o_zpsjbkxsoe7.jpg

f0490183efc46e827d902aee4647869f_zpseiybfqyv.jpg

My favorite female car person for-ev-ah.
Love this exchange.

D.A. Jim Trotter: Now, uh, Ms. Vito, being an expert on general automotive knowledge, can you tell me... what would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor?

Mona Lisa Vito: It's a bullshit question.

D.A. Jim Trotter: Does that mean that you can't answer it?

Mona Lisa Vito: It's a bullshit question, it's impossible to answer.

D.A. Jim Trotter: Impossible because you don't know the answer!

Mona Lisa Vito: Nobody could answer that question!

D.A. Jim Trotter: Your Honor, I move to disqualify Ms. Vito as a "expert witness"!

Judge Chamberlain Haller: Can you answer the question?

Mona Lisa Vito: No, it is a trick question!

Judge Chamberlain Haller: Why is it a trick question?

Vinny Gambini: [to Bill] Watch this.

Mona Lisa Vito: 'Cause Chevy didn't make a 327 in '55, the 327 didn't come out till '62. And it wasn't offered in the Bel Air with a four-barrel carb till '64. However, in 1964, the correct ignition timing would be four degrees before top-dead-center.

D.A. Jim Trotter: Well... um... she's acceptable, Your Honor.

ADVERTISEMENT