ADVERTISEMENT

Allright, let's do this.....it's time for second half predictions...

psuro

Aug 24, 2001
The corner table at the Skellar
ya beeches.

Here is mine:

Illinois - 31-10 W Clifford out but TR improves (he has to) and manages to matriculate the ball down the field. His legs are more of a weapon than his arm.
@ Ohio State 17-31 L The squad just doesn't have it, although PSU keeps it close early.
@Maryland 45-10 W Clifford lights it up.
vs Michigan - 27-21 W Defense comes up with a big stop, just like in 2019
vs Rutgers 42-14 W PSU scores early and decimates @fairgambit's favorite team
@MSU - 21-14 W It's gonna be a tough one, but PSU pulls it out at the end.

10-2, and an invite to a NY6 Bowl Game (Rose Bowl). While in SoCal, Franklin starts shopping for houses and private schools for the kids.

ya beeches.

Here is mine:

Illinois - 31-10 W Clifford out but TR improves (he has to) and manages to matriculate the ball down the field. His legs are more of a weapon than his arm.
@ Ohio State 17-31 L The squad just doesn't have it, although PSU keeps it close early.

10-2, and an invite to a NY6 Bowl Game (Rose Bowl). While in SoCal, Franklin starts shopping for houses and private schools for the kids.

Who do we hire? Fickell? And by how much does OSU throttle Iowa in the BTC?

Who do we hire? Fickell? And by how much does OSU throttle Iowa in the BTC?
Ha! No one - he is house hunting for a second home as an investment property and scouting private schools so the kids can get some better educational opportunities than Centre County - all the schools have dorms for kids.

OSU throttles Iowa so much that when an Iowa player gets injured the Iowa fans and his own coaching staff start booing him mercilessly.

I'll drink the Kool-Aid...

Roberson takes care of business versus Illinois, Clifford returns versus Ohio State and squeaks out a one point victory, this propels the team to win out and...

Beat the shit out of Iowa in the B1G Championship.

IMO Iowa is second only to Rutgers for classlessness in the conference. First it's their celebration of child abuse, now it's booing injured players and the offense they seem to take at factual analysis of the game.

Reactions: Nitwit and ftlpsu
Without Clifford -- no better than 3-3 the rest of the way, 8-4 overall.

With Clifford -- 5-1 the rest of the way, 10-2 overall.

I see 2 losses remaining, even with Clifford. This run game will not travel well. I worry about getting snakebitten by a Rutgers(hard to believe, I know, but possible). MSU will be tough, Michigan will be tough. O$U I'd put at a 10% probability with clifford, 0% with Roberson.

This is what I jotted down to myself last Friday:
  • vs Iowa L - 21-10 or 17-12
  • vs Illinois W - 24-7
  • vs Ohio State L - 24-10
  • vs Maryland W - 31-17
  • vs Michigan W - 24-18
  • vs Rutgers W - 34-13
  • vs Michigan State W - 27-20
Finish 10-2 - somewhere in the #10-12 range of the College Football Playoff rankings.

I would like nothing more than a Rose Bowl appearance for personal reasons but I think the odds are Iowa is 12-0 or 11-1 going into that Big 10 CG. If they win (presumably vs OSU), OSU would go to the Rose. If Iowa loses, they likely go to the Rose unless CFP committee somehow picks a 12-1 Iowa and 12-1 OSU into playoff which I highly doubt since we're not the SEC. For that reason, I would think the Fiesta or Peach at large would be the scenario if we finish 10-2--still a big IF.

ya beeches.

Here is mine:

Ha! No one - he is house hunting for a second home as an investment property and scouting private schools so the kids can get some better educational opportunities than Centre County - all the schools have dorms for kids.

OSU throttles Iowa so much that when an Iowa player gets injured the Iowa fans and his own coaching staff start booing him mercilessly.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: this board is hilarious. No better entertainment on the Internet

ya beeches.

Here is mine:

Illinois: W 13-3. A scary, scary game as we have no Clifford and TR continues to look like a D3 QB.
Ohio State: W 34-28. Cliff is back and all is good in the world. We get a late TD on a pick 6 from Brandon Smith.
Maryland: W 35-18. Starting to see something special with Clifford.
Michigan: W 28-10, Michigan eats some clock with the run game but the O is opportunistic.
Rutgers: W 28-24 in a trap game.
MSU: W 45-12....MSU comes back to earth the second half.
Iowa in B1G: W 38-10, the score I had from the start last week and then Cliff went down.
Oklahoma in Cotton Bowl: W 48-31...actually outnumber OU Fans in Jerrys World.
Georgia in Title Game: L 500-10, yes, I think GA is that good.

Off Season:
JFF skips town and goes to USC
After a late season (I think it has already started) Matt Ruhle leaves the Panthers to come home and in a shock of shocks talks Yurchich in to staying as his OC. Everyone thought he would bring Joe Brady but Brady takes the LSU job.
In another shocker Clifford and a few others announce they are coming back for the big one.
Penn State gets a huge WR transfer from the portal, and not Fleming.
Cain goes pro, Holmes and Lee Portal because Seider went to USC with James. The next year the backfield will be Ford and the Freshman!!

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
Illinois: W 13-3. A scary, scary game as we have no Clifford and TR continues to look like a D3 QB.
Ohio State: W 34-28. Cliff is back and all is good in the world. We get a late TD on a pick 6 from Brandon Smith.
Maryland: W 35-18. Starting to see something special with Clifford.
Michigan: W 28-10, Michigan eats some clock with the run game but the O is opportunistic.
Rutgers: W 28-24 in a trap game.
MSU: W 45-12....MSU comes back to earth the second half.
Iowa in B1G: W 38-10, the score I had from the start last week and then Cliff went down.
Oklahoma in Cotton Bowl: W 48-31...actually outnumber OU Fans in Jerrys World.
Georgia in Title Game: L 500-10, yes, I think GA is that good.

Off Season:
JFF skips town and goes to USC
After a late season (I think it has already started) Matt Ruhle leaves the Panthers to come home and in a shock of shocks talks Yurchich in to staying as his OC. Everyone thought he would bring Joe Brady but Brady takes the LSU job.
In another shocker Clifford and a few others announce they are coming back for the big one.
Penn State gets a huge WR transfer from the portal, and not Fleming.
Cain goes pro, Holmes and Lee Portal because Seider went to USC with James. The next year the backfield will be Ford and the Freshman!!
Nice

OK, I'm being serious now. I travel around most of the B1G boards and a few days / week back, I was on OSU's Eleven Warriors. They have a poll every day and one that stood out was the question: Out of the remaining games on OSU's schedule, who presents the biggest challenge to beating the Buckeyes? (or something like that) They listed UM, MSU, PSU and Iowa (presuming they get to the B1G CG). Overwhelmingly, the answer was PSU - something like 70 to 75 %

But I believe that was with Clifford, PSU has their attention bigtime especially with a couple of the nail biters recently, But yeah, I believe without Clifford, OSU runs away with it. If SC makes it back by the OSU game ? You never know !

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviax
ya beeches.

Here is mine:

• Illinois - No Clifford. CJF sets up tOSU. PSU runs like crazy, Roberson make some nice passes. the defense dominates. PSU 31- Ill 9
  • @ Ohio State - PSU plays tough with SC at the helm. PSU wins a nail-biter 27-24.
  • @Maryland - PSU is bone tired but MD cannot defend. PSU 41 - MD 20
  • vs Michigan - PSU is scared to lose, so they do. However, we win the stats but not the big board; UM 21 PSU 20
  • vs Rutgers - PSU is pissed, we win 38 - 9
  • @MSU - MSU has collapsed by this time with losses to UM and tOSU
Furthermore, UM beats tOSU and plays Iowa in the B1G. UM wins and goes to the playoffs to get stomped in the first round.

ya beeches.

Here is mine:

--I believe TR will surprise with a solid performance against Illinois after getting almost 2 weeks of reps with the 1s. W PSU 24, Illini 10
--Clifford cannot return vs OSU and PSU goes down 30-15 (L). 1st half tight but OSU pulls away late with their running game.
--Clifford still out vs UMD, but TR rises to occasion and defense locks down the Terps. W for PSU 24-14.
--Clifford returns vs UM @ home and leads PSU to victory in nail bitter, PSU 21-20.
--Clifford still a bit stiff and TR gets the start against the State University of New Jersey. PSU sneaks by Rutgers 20-14.
--Big finale in East Lansing with Clifford back @ QB. PSU caps 10-2 season with a 28-21 victory over MSU.

New Years 6 bowl game vs ????

If this team finishes 10-2, I expect James Franklin to return to PSU.

THE contingency in predicting the season's second half is Clifford's health. Without him I have little confidence that we finish better than 3-3, and at that Roberson has to be competent. With him healthy, I think we can pull off a six game winning streak. With him playing, but somehow limited physically, we will be fortunate to go 5-1 and may lose a second game too.

It will help the defense a hell of a lot to get Mustipher back for the OSU game. Right now the season is in the hands of the defense.

ya beeches.

Here is mine:

Well, this prediction went down the tubes didn't it?

Reactions: kgilbert78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT