ADVERTISEMENT

All-Star Classic

davidtaylorgangordie

Oct 31, 2014
Mark Hall is in at 174 for the All Star Classic. Makes me think we might see some more guys from PSU as well. I would assume against Valencia if he doesn't move up as I don't think BoJo will want to risk an injury early

Reactions: pish69 and tikk10
I could well be wrong, but I really doubt that Z Valencia is going to pull down again to 174. Even if he does, would he want to do it that early? Maybe a chance for revenge would be enough motivation!

...Nova...it's unsafe to peddle your bicycle on ANY highway - not just on I-95.... :)

And in any case if I was going by bicycle I would need to leave today to get there in time. Not to mention I don't even own a bike and haven't since, well I don't remember when. :D

I could well be wrong, but I really doubt that Z Valencia is going to pull down again to 174. Even if he does, would he want to do it that early? Maybe a chance for revenge would be enough motivation!

I agree for the season as I expect Zahid at 184 but for the All Star Classic they seem to be very lenient with weight allowances so this matchup could happen.

I agree for the season as I expect Zahid at 184 but for the All Star Classic they seem to be very lenient with weight allowances so this matchup could happen.
To clarify...the guys MUST make weight to wrestle. Using the unlikely bout of Hall vs Zahid as an example, and say Zahid is at 184, the only way it can happen is if they call it a 184 bout, and Mark goes up to wrestle him.

Logan Stieber did this one year...it was a 149 bout, Kendric Maple vs Logan, while Logan was at 141.

Not sure about Zahid at this event as it is the same day as the Daktronics Open that ASU competes in.

To clarify...the guys MUST make weight to wrestle. Using the unlikely bout of Hall vs Zahid as an example, and say Zahid is at 184, the only way it can happen is if they call it a 184 bout, and Mark goes up to wrestle him.

Logan Stieber did this one year...it was a 149 bout, Kendric Maple vs Logan, while Logan was at 141.
And that same year, Ramos went up to wrestle Devin Carter. Interestingly, that night, both "lighter guys" got behind and came back to win. I love the inter-weight match-ups that could never happen any other way in folkstyle.

Wow! Might have to make the drive also. What a great rematch!

Does anyone think anymore of our guys are going to participate?

Thomsen vs. Kolodzik @ 149.

Writeup @ InterMat: LINK

Remaining matchups yet to be formally announced are 157, 165, and 285.

Thought I read somewhere that there will be a 5 pound weight allowance for Hall/Valencia; can anyone confirm? If so, that would seem to favor Z.

Thought I read somewhere that there will be a 5 pound weight allowance for Hall/Valencia; can anyone confirm? If so, that would seem to favor Z.
I read that too...here or Scout, can't remember. Frankly, I can't see them giving any allowance. This is a sanctioned event, allowed by the NCAA, but doesn't count as a competition date for the wrestlers. It's my understanding that the standard weigh-in rules apply. If someone knows more, jump in.

ADVERTISEMENT