ADVERTISEMENT

ALL-STAR Classic News

RoarLions1

May 11, 2012
Place to post announcements for the 2018 All-Star Classic, to be held November 2nd, in Denver. Here's a start...

133 Tariq Wilson vs Seth Gross (listed at 133, but it will be a 141 bout, both weighing in about 134.5)
141 Joey McKenna vs
174 Myles Amine vs
184 Max Dean vs

Reactions: diggerpup
Place to post announcements for the 2018 All-Star Classic, to be held November 2nd, at Princeton University. Here's a start...

133 Tariq Wilson vs Seth Gross (listed at 133, but it will be a 141 bout, both weighing in about 134.5)
141 Joey McKenna vs
174 Myles Amine vs
184 Max Dean vs
I think they are holding it in Denver this year.

ie0Lr-1452035176-917-list_items-denver_maynard.jpg

No one is ever going to baffle me more than Josh Moore and Scott Moore wrestling 133 & 141 in college. I would guess they both weigh 190+ these days.
I do remember when Cliff Moore from Iowa took apart one of the Moore's in the finals that one year saying afterward how easy he was to wrestle, simply because he had so much leg to attack that he was easy to get in on.

No one is ever going to baffle me more than Josh Moore and Scott Moore wrestling 133 & 141 in college. I would guess they both weigh 190+ these days.
I was at an event this week, and Scott was there. We were able to talk for several minutes. He's well under 190, and looks like he could still roll around with the upper-light weights, or middle weights.

Update: Taylor Venz (Neb) added...

141 Joey McKenna vs
174 Myles Amine vs
184 Max Dean vs Taylor Venz

Update: Mitch Finesilver (Duke) added;

141 Joey McKenna vs
149 Mitch Finesilver vs
174 Myles Amine vs

Is the expectation that no PSU wrestlers participate this year? How early did those that wrestled last year announce? Do those participating have to pay their own travel expenses?

I do remember when Cliff Moore from Iowa took apart one of the Moore's in the finals that one year saying afterward how easy he was to wrestle, simply because he had so much leg to attack that he was easy to get in on.

it was actually the semis and it stopped Scott Moore from winning the Hodge.

Curious to see how Brock fared up a weight. Really leveled out last year at 133, wonder how much of that was a cut.

Is the expectation that no PSU wrestlers participate this year? How early did those that wrestled last year announce? Do those participating have to pay their own travel expenses?
I would be stunned if we saw PSU guys in this thing any time soon. Either the results count, or they don't.

Reactions: ccdiver and pish69
Still, Cael does allow the wrestlers to go if they want, though after a risk/reward discussion.

This event is a shell of what it once was.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Update: Jacobe Smith (OKST) added;

141 Joey McKenna vs
149 Mitch Finesilver vs
174 Myles Amine vs Jacobe Smith

Update: Jacobe Smith (OKST) added;

141 Joey McKenna vs
149 Mitch Finesilver vs
174 Myles Amine vs Jacobe Smith

I thought Jacobe Smith was going to be their 184, with Chandler Rogers at 174.

Thought the same NoVa. JoJo at 165, Rogers at 174 and Smith/Geer fighting it out at 184....one of those two sitting. Apparently that's incorrect, as the NWCA website has the match-up as it's posted.
OSU’s roster lists JoJo at 157, Chandler at 165 and Smith at 174. John Smith has always had the rep of having his guys pull big cuts, that roster seems to back that up.

OSU’s roster lists JoJo at 157, Chandler at 165 and Smith at 174. John Smith has always had the rep of having his guys pull big cuts, that roster seems to back that up.
Saw some of that before posting. JoJo is listed at 157/165, and there's some OSU fans saying there's still going to be some movement (JoJo struggles to make 157, and Rogers struggles to make 165). I'll wait till the season begins to know where they're wrestling...looks like a pretty balanced team, with a couple really good guys sharpening the iron as non-starters.

ADVERTISEMENT