ADVERTISEMENT

All knowing Board, I have a business trip to Antartica and Lesova in Africa

PSU Soupy

Aug 3, 2008
I will be visiting these two places one month apart and was wondering if someone knows where to stay and where to eat.........

I am just kidding, I thought of the least visited place in the world....and I bet someone from this board would still have a suggestion or know someone who visited and will give advice.

This board to me is such a wealth of information, making me proud to be a Penn Stater.

PSU Soupy

Doubt that anyone can help you with Lesova.*

1/9

In all seriousness, I have a friend who spend 3 months in Antarctica

on a research trip. She could give you recommendations, but it's surely not on places to eat.

I just got back from Ushuaia, Argentina, the southern-most city in the world. Most cruises and flights to Antarctica leave from there. Los Cauquenes Resort & Spa is a great place to stay -- ask for a room overlooking the Beagle Channel.

But I guess you weren't actually looking for an answer.

Been to Antarctica many times, and for the life of me I can not think of a single good restaurant.. lol

I really wasn't but am so impressed (as I knew there would be) that there is an answer.

This board is extraordinary in the amount of information that is in our collective minds....travels etc........

I would trust this board to pick every meal that I would eat in San Francisco or Panama City or Melbourne or Paris for a week, and it would be excellent.

Thanks for proving my point that you could book a trip to Antartica and you could get some travel tips...restaurant recommendations lodging recommendations and other helpful tips.

I do too, I wonder if it's the same one. Was she a FH player at PSU? ***

nfm

This post was edited on 3/9 1:03 AM by UncleLar

Flew ski equipped C130s for the Navy in the Antartica. Based there for two Antarctic summers. Those were the days before folks actually visited. We supplied the seven U.S. stations devoted to Antarctic research. Restaurants? You have to be kidding.

No, works at State College high school

http://www.polartrec.com/member/nell-herrmann

ADVERTISEMENT