ADVERTISEMENT

All 130 qbs ranked...Clifford 88th

The difference between first half and second half were TOs. Had he not turned the ball over the way he did in the first five games, PSU wins 3(?) of them.

As I have said before, I think he was forcing things in the first half because all of his weapons (KJ, Journey, Noah, and after OSU, functionally Pat) were gone and he tried to play hero ball. Once he realized he didn't have to do that, PSU was fine and started winning.

That and we established a legitimate running game once Keyvone emerged. This RPO offense simply does not work if nobody respects the running game. Teams like Maryland just ran right at Clifford and covered our intermediate routes with literally 0 concern we could run the ball. Once we could run the ball(felt like it starter against Michigan), Clifford didn't have to force things because the defenses were concerned and respectful of Lee. Even with the injuries, I think many on this board forget how truly terrible we were at running the ball in the beginning of the year. Clifford had our most carries followed by Lee(just edging out Levis).

Reactions: TheGLOV and PSU2UNC
I agree.

I think this young man is going to rebound and blow every critic away with his performances!!
Hey, if that happens, then miracles really do exist. You don't get an 88 ranking out of 130 by accident.

Look at these going into the '20 season.
Lol I just did...hardly a ringing endorsement and that was COMING OFF of 11-2.

OK we get it he had a bad year last year. You rag on him like its your job. It is a preseason ranking FFS not gospel.
Really? Everything Brisker is being touted on comes from the same place. These rankings are regarded as the standard in the game.

Is Clifford's the only one you looked at?
Look, man, I want them to be wrong just as much as you do. I'm saying he needs to win the job in camp because he's done nothing to deserve the job outright going into camp. If he wins the job, then he's my man just like he's your man.

Trace McSorley was rated 68th best QB by this "well known and respected" publication. How'd that work out?
For those who believe all the shit they read.....please note Josh Allen is ranked 119 and Daniel Jones 101. Hmmm.... clearly these sports journalists know their stuff.

Trace McSorley was rated 68th best QB by this "well known and respected" publication. How'd that work out?
For those who believe all the shit they read.....please note Josh Allen is ranked 119 and Daniel Jones 101. Hmmm.... clearly these sports journalists know their stuff.
20 spots higher than Clifford.

You are still avoiding the portal attempt by penn state and Franklin...I thought there wasn't anyone they wanted?
If you believe everything you read (and its clear that you do). Explain this.....Finley claimed Alabama was a finalist. Really? A guy who couldn't cut it at LSU was coveted by Alabama? Even you can't be that stupid. Riddle me this, the bible you quote to indict Clifford at #88, rates Bo Nix #67, if PSU really wanted Finley and his goal is to start.....why would he go to Auburn. I mean, can't he read as well as you?
You are such a clueless fanboy. Call yourself an idiot and go away. I'm tired of you.

If you believe everything you read (and its clear that you do). Explain this.....Finley claimed Alabama was a finalist. Really? A guy who couldn't cut it at LSU was coveted by Alabama? Even you can't be that stupid. Riddle me this, the bible you quote to indict Clifford at #88, rates Bo Nix #67, if PSU really wanted Finley and his goal is to start.....why would he go to Auburn. I mean, can't he read as well as you?
You are such a clueless fanboy. Call yourself an idiot and go away. I'm tired of you.
Denial, lol. You really can't handle being wrong can you? Penn State went to the portal and offered a qb, and something as simple as that causes you to completely break with reality. 😆

Denial, lol. You really can't handle being wrong can you? Penn State went to the portal and offered a qb, and something as simple as that causes you to completely break with reality. 😆
You're correct. I don't have a lot of experience being wrong....you win in that category.

That and we established a legitimate running game once Keyvone emerged. This RPO offense simply does not work if nobody respects the running game. Teams like Maryland just ran right at Clifford and covered our intermediate routes with literally 0 concern we could run the ball. Once we could run the ball(felt like it starter against Michigan), Clifford didn't have to force things because the defenses were concerned and respectful of Lee. Even with the injuries, I think many on this board forget how truly terrible we were at running the ball in the beginning of the year. Clifford had our most carries followed by Lee(just edging out Levis).
Ram thanks for reminding me. We certainly got problems and they don't magically go away.

Ram thanks for reminding me. We certainly got problems and they don't magically go away.

I thought the offense really got better as the season wore on. We started to be a pretty powerful running team and that opened up some lanes for Clifford in the passing game. Our defense still concerns me, particularly our pass defense.

Reactions: jbenedict
I thought the offense really got better as the season wore on. We started to be a pretty powerful running team and that opened up some lanes for Clifford in the passing game. Our defense still concerns me, particularly our pass defense.
They went 4-5. You are what your record says you are.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
They went 4-5. You are what your record says you are.
Right! A team that won it's last four games, was robbed by the refs of a win in game 1 by the refs and lost to a team that played for the national championship by only 13 points (closer than all but 2 teams), all in a season that was severely disrupted by a global pandemic. So sure, TTFWIW.

Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW
I certainly didn't dispute that claim in my comment.

Right! A team that won it's last four games, was robbed by the refs of a win in game 1 by the refs and lost to a team that played for the national championship by only 13 points (closer than all but 2 teams), all in a season that was severely disrupted by a global pandemic. So sure, TTFWIW.
Careful, you might be challenged to a wraslin match in the parking lot of Champs!

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Really? Everything Brisker is being touted on comes from the same place. These rankings are regarded as the standard in the game.
Last year they had Zach Wilson at #34. Damned if he wasn't the #2 draft pick in the NFL this year. So much for "the standard in the game." LOL

So many on here are trashing Clifford yet many talk about Hack’s fantastic freshman year under OB. Clifford’s stats in his first year as a starter we’re all better than Hack’s except total yardage. His second year was better too. Selective memories strike again.

Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW
So many on here are trashing Clifford yet many talk about Hack’s fantastic freshman year under OB. Clifford’s stats in his first year as a starter we’re all better than Hack’s except total yardage. His second year was better too. Selective memories strike again.
He also has a slight edge in QB rating (career) over Trace. But, let's not confuse fanboys with the facts.
No one is touting Clifford as an All American. However, some of the criticism and willingness to embrace derogatory evaluations is over the top.
If he plays the entire season without injury, he will be among the top 4 QBS in the conference.

Reactions: PSU2UNC and AWS1022
He also has a slight edge in QB rating (career) over Trace. But, let's not confuse fanboys with the facts.
No one is touting Clifford as an All American. However, some of the criticism and willingness to embrace derogatory evaluations is over the top.
If he plays the entire season without injury, he will be among the top 4 QBS in the conference.
4-5.

ADVERTISEMENT