ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Facundo - Commits

giphy.gif

Wow! Congratulations and welcome to the Nittany Lion family!

I hope all of your wrestling dreams come true!

We Are!!!

Facundo’s floor is incredibly high. Hard worker, good athlete, smart kid. I do think he’ll need to improve his offense to become elite, but he’s coming to the right place to do so. Also sort of wonder how he fits, looking like a 174/84 in college. Does he greyshirt and then redshirt and slide in for Brooks? Or does Starocci go 184 his last year. Certainly interesting.

He's at 170 now but wrestled 160 this past offseason. Not sure if that's growth or he bumped up this year.

If he can go 165 and Joe Lee 157 for a few years until Brooks graduates, that is a monstrous lineup. If that's even feasible.
That’d be nice. Not sure I think it happens, but I like it. 157 seems like it’d be tough on Joe these days and Facundo is long and lanky, think 184 is more likely than 165. But who knows, maybe he has Evan wick bones.

Flo Big board has him at 160 on Jan 22, 2020

He's at 170 now but wrestled 160 this past offseason. Not sure if that's growth or he bumped up this year.

If he can go 165 and Joe Lee 157 for a few years until Brooks graduates, that is a monstrous lineup. If that's even feasible.

I think that Cael and staff have ideas in mind for everyone they bring on board. He's lanky and can probably put on weight, so 184 ain't that bad an idea. We'll obviously see and he's almost guaranteed a red shirt if not a gray shirt. Even guys like Carter, who I think is the most ready out of every junior guy we have (Brooks notwithstanding), is shirting.

El jefe
Let’s get your thoughts on the line ups. Version 1 and 2. Man I love when you do those

Reactions: Antaeus
Collecting talent, the lineup will sort itself out! Congrats to Alex and to the PSU staff.

He is 5th on Flo's 2021 Big Board

Reactions: diggerpup
I think that Cael and staff have ideas in mind for everyone they bring on board. He's lanky and can probably put on weight, so 184 ain't that bad an idea. We'll obviously see and he's almost guaranteed a red shirt if not a gray shirt. Even guys like Carter, who I think is the most ready out of every junior guy we have (Brooks notwithstanding), is shirting.

This could make a Beard unleashing a little less risky, no?

he has lost to:
Cael Valencia in overtime 2-1
Brennan Doyle by injury defualt

but he is listed on track as being 56-1 with 22 pins

Is there a commitment tracker with rankings that isn't behind a paywall?
Not to the best of my knowledge. Flo and The Open Mat both have recruiting rankings behind paywalls.

Intermat and Pinfall Recruiting both have very comprehensive recruiting trackers for free. Neither has recruiting rankings attached.

For us casual followers, what are this guys accolades? Big board rank etc

The Davison Michigan product is a two-time Cadet world team member bringing home a bronze medal each of his trips to the world championships. Facundo won a Super 32 title in 2018 and will also be looking for his third Michigan state title later this season.

I was wondering if Boone signaled a breach in the dam surrounding Michigan. Love Facundo's style and I think Penn State will be a great place to develop and refine it.

Btw. still #1 for the class of '21 in Intermat rankings, in which I place more stock than in Flo's rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT