stormingnorm

Aug 2, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: EPC FAN
It makes me wonder.

starship-bb15-2015-led-zepplin-billboard.jpg

don't know why you think this is an issue
our kids take private plane to Chicago (and surely other events) every year

Absolutely right. Mauti even famously enjoyed a couple beers on one of the flights. Silly to suggest that Tua take a Lyft.
But then, look at the poster

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...oa-alabama-flying-private-plane-awards-season

So: Alabama is using a private jet, to ferry Tua around the country - - - along with a physical therapist of some sort (because of his ankle injury) - - - - to attend AWARD SHOWS.

AWARD SHOWS.

In the meantime, back home in Tuscaloosa, it is the last week of classes and final exam week.

:)

Student-Athlete

Pathetic

seems not to be the best of ideas. students need to be focused on finals, and he has just had the ankle surgery. i would think he should be minimizing walking around on from a recovery standpoint. not in the best interest of Tua.

i realize that these are unique times in their life regarding awards, but just does not seem like a sound decision from any direction for the student athlete. unless Tua is the one pushing this, it seems selfish by Bama.

seems not to be the best of ideas. students need to be focused on finals, and he has just had the ankle surgery. i would think he should be minimizing walking around on from a recovery standpoint. not in the best interest of Tua.

i realize that these are unique times in their life regarding awards, but just does not seem like a sound decision from any direction for the student athlete. unless Tua is the one pushing this, it seems selfish by Bama.
You think that Tua wants to skip the Heisman ceremony?

Are they shuttling across the country to go to awards shows during finals week?

To be frank, if someone had asked me, I most surely would have affirmed that I would expect most fans to not care (so I fully expect your thoughts are congruent with the vast majority).
On the other hand, I would think anyone who believes there is anything at all to that mantra of "student-athlete"? I would expect those folks to care...… but that, I expect, is a far smaller demographic.

[The fact that they are - in so doing - incurring the time, expense, and hypocrisy of shuttling around an INJURED kid.... and a trainer, and whatever the heck equipment they are using.... rather than allowing the kid to focus on A) His academic exams, and B) Recovering from physical injuries incurred in the SEC CCG, only adds another layer to the hypocrisy]

So the kid takes a private plane late afternoon Thursday from Tuscaloosa to Atlanta for awards show. Leaves after show to go to NJ for a Friday Heisman event then into NYC for the Saturday Heisman presentation. Back to AL late Saturday or Sunday.

And this upsets you because he misses the last day of classes?

1. He can study for finals while he’s traveling (or not), or
2. Maybe he doesn’t have any finals (happens here as several of my students don’t have a final beyond mine), or
3. His final(s) are mid to late next week and will study (or not) when he gets back.

Give the kid and Bama a break. You make it seem as if he’s missing a ton of classes and exams . You do realize that PSU women’s v-ball left yesterday for CA to play in NCAA today and hopefully tomorrow. Their missing class and have finals next week. Maybe PSU shouldn’t allow them to play.

Yeah.... that was the point :rolleyes:

One might think you've suffered a traumatic head injury - - - - in order to make such a stupid strawman statement. But then, look at the poster.
Trying to get the last word so you win, huh. You're such a jackass. Thank God you're not on the Board of Trustees. You would actually make it worse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT