ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Not Wasting Any Time With NIL

Not getting carried away at all. Just saying Alabama is not what many people think it is. The state? Absolutely! But not the university.

Hey, I love what Bama is doing. School has gotten a lot better. And flipping the bird to the NCAA, while minor in the grand scheme, is always a plus.

Reactions: mrmk5110
I am not sure what to there is to be upset about. Schools who already operate like professional sports franchises are going to have an advantage over those who do not. Nothing has really changed with these marketing deals other than these team’s players will less and less have to pretend to “play school.”

Like every other American sport, when my team is not playing I have zero interest in the product because of this. Whereas in years past I would spend most of my Saturday watching as many games as possible, now I have an incredible of amount of free.
You are correct. I used to be interested in following every sport. I'd watch anything and knew the players. Now I only follow PSU football and Villanova basketball, and these not like I used to. Sports in general have been corrupted in a way I find unappealing, so my interest has waned. Just cannot get fired up over it anymore. I guess it's just getting older.

Georgia gonna suck!!

tenor.gif

"Account Assesment" -So basically the $78,000 car montages will now be done from inside the car bringing chicken pot pie to hospital kids with the Terminator. Who cares.

It's actually 75% of the money that the school gets to keep and redistribute to other players.

Guess we don't have to worry about losing top recruits to UGA anymore...

Reactions: Midnighter2
My guess is there will be legal challenges to the Georgia law. I'd love to hear the rationale for holding the money in escrow. If someone is allowed to earn money, why shouldn't they receive prompt payment? The "amateur athletics" argument became a joke quite some time ago.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Hey, I love what Bama is doing. School has gotten a lot better. And flipping the bird to the NCAA, while minor in the grand scheme, is always a plus.
Where Bama goes, others will follow. And they’re making a concerted effort to actively recruit top students (not athletes) in the northeast by offering a number of very generous out-of-state scholarship packages. In the not too distant future, Alabama will not be going after, but getting, the very students Penn State didn’t have to do anything to get. They got my son and he had the best experience at Alabama.

Reactions: LionJim
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

And the law will vary state by state - so, states with more restrictive laws (I read Mississippi’s bill allows their schools to limit the date and time athletes may participate in NIL events) may be seen as less desirable. Alabama? Still lapping everyone...

Alabama’s bill gives athletes the option to participate in NIL or receive $10,000 a year from the school.

ADVERTISEMENT