ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama-Clemson Sugar Bowl Thread

Annnnnnd, that'll do it from New Orleans. Can't see Clemson getting more than 17 points against a healthy Bama D.

Ballsy call by Saban to go for 4th down instead of taking the 7 point lead. Nice to see Payne get the pick then the TD catch. Roll Tide

Shouldn't that have been OPI or holding on the DL who did nothing but block the LB down field? He didn't even pretend to be going out for a pass.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Both lower seeds appear to be the winners. OU & Clemson were overrated IMO. I agree the SEC is down but the best two teams, IMO, are playing for the title. Maybe not the most deserving two but the best two.

I’m guessing Dabo is going to have buy Nick’s dinner at the “Temptation” on Boca Grande after the season is over.

Hmmmm, so tosu deserved being in the playoff over Bama???

You don't really know.. OSU could be doing the same thing and we'd be saying OSU deserved to be there over Bama.. or UCF could be spanking Clemson. Fact is you can't prove anything if you don't get an invite and Bama got an invite.. they didn't qualify by doing anything special.. they were invited

Reactions: ralphster
Both lower seeds appear to be the winners. OU & Clemson were overrated IMO. I agree the SEC is down but the best two teams, IMO, are playing for the title. Maybe not the most deserving two but the best two.

Not sure how you can say Oklahoma is overrated

They had the game won if not for a bone head play by the kicker and the coach gagging

Also, they were the underdog and lost in double OT

Reactions: djr4rebs
Not sure how you can say Oklahoma is overrated

They had the game won if not for a bone head play by the kicker and the coach gagging

Also, they were the underdog and lost in double OT

Oklahoma was the higher seed and lost. The Big XII is an absolute joke IMO. They struggled with Baylor, Texas & Kansas State in addition to losing to Iowa State. They don't play defense. They're a very good team. They're a great team. They just didn't earn the 2 seed IMO. I'd actually love to see them play Wisconsin

Oklahoma was the higher seed and lost. The Big XII is an absolute joke IMO. They struggled with Baylor, Texas & Kansas State in addition to losing to Iowa State. They don't play defense. They're a very good team. They're a great team. They just didn't earn the 2 seed IMO. I'd actually love to see them play Wisconsin

Apparently Georgia didn't play defense either. Better team won, but I don't get how they are overrated. And who earned the two seed and why the Wisconsin shout out all of back sudden?

Apparently Georgia didn't play defense either. Better team won, but I don't get how they are overrated. And who earned the two seed and why the Wisconsin shout out all of back sudden?

Georgia earned the 2 seed by beating the only team that had beat them prior in the season. Georgia played defense all year. OU never did. They were overrated as the two seed. Oklahoma, IMO, should have been the 4 seed.

Oklahoma would roll Wisconsin.

I don't think so but we'll never know. I'd love to see it.
For the record, there's no guarantee...OU struggled with a lot of teams much worse than Wisconsin--starting with Baylor. That score isn't misleading. Wisconsin is better than they get credit for. They dominated Miami after the first quarter.

I'm as hard yearly on Overrated U as anyone but they weren't overrated this year. Sure, their defense was questionable but nobody deserved to lose that game tonight, could have easily went either way. Say what you will about Clemson, they were living off last years rep in a weak conference this year.

I'm as hard yearly on Overrated U as anyone but they weren't overrated this year. Sure, their defense was questionable but nobody deserved to lose that game tonight, could have easily went either way. Say what you will about Clemson, they were living off last years rep in a weak conference this year.

Oklahoma played well today. I'm not arguing that. And I agree that the ACC was bad this year. I think OU earned their playoff spot. I just felt like, based on resume, they should have been the 4 seed. I do believe the better team won tonight. There's no question Bama's better than Clemson right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT