ADVERTISEMENT

Agenda and Link to Livestream for the Upcoming Board of Trustees Meeting.

AlvindeLevie4PSUBoardOfTrustees

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2021
I am looking forward to my first meeting as a member of the Board of Trustees. The Board will meet July 15th and 16th. The agenda for this meeting can be found here: https://trustees.psu.edu/board-and-committee-meetings-2021/. The link to livestream the meeting is here: https://wpsu.psu.edu/trustees/.

I will be looking forward to reading the thread after the meeting.
giphy.gif

I am looking forward to my first meeting as a member of the Board of Trustees. The Board will meet July 15th and 16th. The agenda for this meeting can be found here: https://trustees.psu.edu/board-and-committee-meetings-2021/. The link to livestream the meeting is here: https://wpsu.psu.edu/trustees/.

Mr. de Levie, what is your position regarding the Proposed Revocation of University Awards or Distinctions agenda item?

Mr. de Levie, what is your position regarding the Proposed Revocation of University Awards or Distinctions agenda item?
What awards and distinctions are being considered for revocation? This doesn’t smell good? Why would the university make awards it later wants to revoke? Please elaborate.

Reactions: BBrown

For 40 years I was as loyal an alum as any. I held football season tickets; donated above my NLC requirement; voted in Trustee and Alumni Association elections; wrote letters to legislators, and to newspapers, about Penn State issues; touted Penn State accomplishments to family and friends; etc. Now, I just don't give a damn. The Penn State I once loved no longer exists. Maybe it never did. Perhaps it was all smoke and mirrors. In any event, I wish you well but I have put this University in my rear view mirror and my time, talent, and treasure, are spent elsewhere.

For 40 years I was as loyal an alum as any. I held football season tickets; donated above my NLC requirement; voted in Trustee and Alumni Association elections; wrote letters to legislators, and to newspapers, about Penn State issues; touted Penn State accomplishments to family and friends; etc. Now, I just don't give a damn. The Penn State I once loved no longer exists. Maybe it never did. Perhaps it was all smoke and mirrors. In any event, I wish you well but I have put this University in my rear view mirror and my time, and my treasure, are spent elsewhere.
Never waste an opportunity to pontificate

I think some of the stuff you campaigned on was quite asinine. I hope it never comes to fruition.

That said I appreciate the fact you kept word and came back to post. Same can’t be said for most others, and I do sincerely hope you continue to do it.

Excellent question. It sounds like they have something up their collective sleeve. What you noted is Action Item 3(c). Item 3(b) is Proposed Facilities and Academic Unit Naming Recommendations. Something is going to be renamed and they want to give themselves some cover.

Reactions: Zenophile
For 40 years I was as loyal an alum as any. I held football season tickets; donated above my NLC requirement; voted in Trustee and Alumni Association elections; wrote letters to legislators, and to newspapers, about Penn State issues; touted Penn State accomplishments to family and friends; etc. Now, I just don't give a damn. The Penn State I once loved no longer exists. Maybe it never did. Perhaps it was all smoke and mirrors. In any event, I wish you well but I have put this University in my rear view mirror and my time, talent, and treasure, are spent elsewhere.
With, (at this point because of the continuous repetition) no due respect, speaking for many of us that do care, we have heard your plight more times than most here can count, so please stop...or look in the mirror and see that cute girl wearing jeans and fall in love all over again. I deplore you...Just show up on a nice Fall afternoon and walk around campus. It's still beautiful. Bring a picnic basket and a blanket and setup on Old Main lawn. Can't hurt, and may actually help.

Reactions: BobPSU92
With, (at this point because of the continuous repetition) no due respect, speaking for many of us that do care, we have heard your plight more times than most here can count, so please stop...or look in the mirror and see that cute girl wearing jeans and fall in love all over again. I deplore you...Just show up on a nice Fall afternoon and walk around campus. It's still beautiful. Bring a picnic basket and a blanket and setup on Old Main lawn. Can't hurt, and may actually help.

What time does the lawn open?

@fairgambit
I'll make you a proposition. You bring your bride and I'll bring my bride along with a picnic basket that Yogi and BooBoo would be proud of. I'd love to hear your stories from your good times and share some of my own. Your only possible regret is declining this invitation.

You're right, of course. I have carried on, ad nauseam, about a Penn State that once... uh oh, there I go again. It's a character flaw. I see a thread about the Board of Trustees, or the addition of a 243rd Associate Associate Athletic Director in charge of Stadium bird dropping management and I can't help myself. So... what shall I do? I will take the matter under advisement and my action, or inaction, will speak for itself. Or not.

Update 7/14: Since May I've been thinking about taking an extended board break and now is as good a time as any. Like many, I've put dreams and bucket list items on hold during the pandemic and I've got a lot of catching up to do. The clock is ticking.
“Die with memories, not with dreams.” Author Unknown
While this decision has been a couple of months in the making, and was not prompted by this thread, my absence should be of comfort to those whose deep passion for Dear Old State exceeds my abiding indifference.
Carpe diem!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diego Badman
You're right, of course. I have carried on, ad nauseam, about a Penn State that once... uh oh, there I go again. It's a character flaw. I see a thread about the Board of Trustees, or the addition of a 243rd Associate Associate Athletic Director in charge of Stadium bird dropping management and I can't help myself. So... what shall I do? I will take the matter under advisement and my action, or inaction, will speak for itself. Or not.

Update 7/14: Since May I've been thinking about taking an extended board break and now is as good a time as any. Like many, I've put dreams and bucket list items on hold during the pandemic and I've got a lot of catching up to do. The clock is ticking.
“Die with memories, not with dreams.” Author Unknown
While this decision has been a couple of months in the making, and was not prompted by this thread, my absence should be of comfort to those whose deep passion for Dear Old State exceeds my abiding indifference.
Carpe diem!
Missed this thread when it was originally posted.

No flaw on your part, FVCK 'em (pardon my French), this is a free, mostly anonymous Board. Nobody is forced to read or respond to our posts. I visit this Board for entertainment and enjoy most of your stuff.

Have a great time your board break, football is less than 2 months away 🙏🙏🏈🏈

Can I run gambit enterprises for you while you're working on your list? I will definitely give you less for your money ;)

Reactions: psu00
I'm there with you, word for word and will add... all four of my kids will not attend my alma mater.

Where are the details of this resolution?

Here is the text:

"NOW BE IT RESOLVED THAT, The President of the University, after
consultation with the Chair and Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees and the ad hoc
DAA Selection Group of the Board of Trustees, shall have the authority to revoke
any previously granted University award or distinction in the event that the
individual to whom such award or distinction has been conferred is later convicted
of a felony or engages in conduct which is significantly detrimental to the reputation
of such individual such that continued name association between such individual
and the University would be contrary to the best interests of the University. If the
recipient of any such award or distinction is a corporation, the authority to revoke
the award or distinction shall also be exercisable by the President, after
consultation with the Chair and Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees and the ad hoc
DAA Selection Group of the Board of Trustees, in the event that any of the officers
or directors of such corporation are later convicted of a felony or incur civil
sanctions in their capacity as officers or directors of such corporation, which crimes
or sanctions are significantly detrimental to the reputation of the corporation such
that continued name association between such corporation and the University
would be contrary to the best interests of the University. Notice of any such
revocation shall be provided to the Board of Trustees. "

Those that opposed it, led by Alice Pope, believed that such power should be retained by the full BoT rather than being singly vested in the President. Given recent Presidents, it's hard to argue with that position. Additionally, since the resolution appears to have been drafted by Frank Guadagnino, it should have been rejected on its face.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Here is the text:

"NOW BE IT RESOLVED THAT, The President of the University, after
DAA Selection Group of the Board of Trustees, shall have the authority to revoke
any previously granted University award or distinction in the event that the
individual to whom such award or distinction has been conferred is later convicted
of a felony or engages in conduct which is significantly detrimental to the reputation
of such individual such that continued name association between such individual
and the University would be contrary to the best interests of the University. If the
recipient of any such award or distinction is a corporation, the authority to revoke
the award or distinction shall also be exercisable by the President, after
DAA Selection Group of the Board of Trustees, in the event that any of the officers
or directors of such corporation are later convicted of a felony or incur civil
sanctions in their capacity as officers or directors of such corporation, which crimes
or sanctions are significantly detrimental to the reputation of the corporation such
that continued name association between such corporation and the University
would be contrary to the best interests of the University. Notice of any such
revocation shall be provided to the Board of Trustees. "

Those that opposed it, led by Alice Pope, believed that such power should be retained by the full BoT rather than being singly vested in the President. Given recent Presidents, it's hard to argue with that position. Additionally, since the resolution appears to have been drafted by Frank Guadagnino, it should have been rejected on its face.

Thanks. I agree with you (and Alice).

So when does barren take erickson’s name off the food science building?

So who's about to have their name scrubbed off a building? Or will it be a street?

We should have a fantasy draft.

Please tell me they didn‘t pass this resolution to rename the library and/or campus spiritual center.

Does this resolution apply to naming in conjunction with endowments or other gifts?

Last edited:
Please tell me they didn‘t pass this resolution to rename the library and/or campus spiritual center.

So you think there is a chance that Fat Eric has balls? There is a better chance that Molly has a pair.

Reactions: BobPSU92
According to Barry...

Two Alumni Trustees voted in favor of the resolution: Barb Doran and Steve Wagman.

Four Alumni Trustees voted in increase tuition: Barb Doran, Bill Oldsey, Brandon Short, and Steve Wagman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT