ADVERTISEMENT

After we destroy Maryland, I hope we shake hands.

I just hope PSU prepares for this game very well for the next 10 years and takes every opportunity to humiliate them and physically grind them down and make them pay for what happened last year. Let's hope a "rivalry" with Maryland doesn't mean what Edsall thinks it means.

To me, the no handshake was the low point of the whole Sandusky Scandal era. Talk about kicking somebody when they're down. Here's a PSU team crippled by sanctions that had nothing to do with anything the players or coaches had done, and Maryland, in its first year in the B1G (invited only because of PSU) showed nothing but disrespect. It was as if their players were wearing "Ped State" T-shirts. Can't rescind the conference invitation, but the right way to punish that kind of behavior is to humiliate them on the field for years.

And then, in the offseason, target the recruits they need the most.

Last edited:
That was the most disappointing loss of the season. Sure we got screwed against OSU, but that is nothing new. Michigan, Illinois and Maryland were games that PSU controlled and should have won if not for squandering late game leads. But the actions of the Maryland players made that game the hardest loss to swallow.

Reactions: CappyToCJF
I can see us running off the field and hope our staff won't stoop to their level and show better class.
I see us serving two large pieces of humble pie each year . Dominate DMV in recruiting. Dominate on the playing field and show them what success with honor means.

Reactions: fairgambit
Eff those tards. I wouldn't want our players to have to lower themselves to Maryland's level by actually touching that garbage.

The team should ALWAYS shake hands after the game. I don't care how intense the game was and how much you dislike the opponent, you always shake their hands and tell them good game.

I also think they should run the score up as high as the scoreboard will go, but shake their hands after you do it.

Yup. Shake hands, kick the crap out of them, run up the score once they're beaten, and then go get the recruits they need the most. (Franklin has made a good start on the last one of these).

The team should ALWAYS shake hands after the game. I don't care how intense the game was and how much you dislike the opponent, you always shake their hands and tell them good game.

I also think they should run the score up as high as the scoreboard will go, but shake their hands after you do it.

Agree to disagree. But I think a handshake is a sign of respect. They opted out of our respect last year. Give us the apology. Then we'll talk handshakes.

They have no idea how stupid a move that was. To give us mega-motivation to humiliate and destroy them, at a time when they need positive showings to help with their recruiting, was asinine.

I hope we beat them by 50, and then make as public a display as we can to shake every single Maryland hand in the building.

A truly classless move on their part. I hope recruits take notice. I don't think many look for programs that take part in such unsportsmanship.

Kick their ass on the field and then shake hands and tell them good job.

From the movie Whiplash ... "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than 'good job'."

I can see us running off the field and hope our staff won't stoop to their level and show better class.
I'd go a step further. Don't just shake hands. Do the full "handshake/hug" thing, like they were our best buddies.
greeting-hug.jpg

Reactions: bmw199
They have no idea how stupid a move that was. To give us mega-motivation to humiliate and destroy them, at a time when they need positive showings to help with their recruiting, was asinine.

I hope we beat them by 50, and then make as public a display as we can to shake every single Maryland hand in the building.

I agree to beat them badly then shake their hand. I'm not sure how much 'incentive' it gives psu though. I don't think the coaching staff really cares or remembers the behavior of Maryland last year or (I'm sure) Pitt in upcoming years.

I bet they remember. And I bet that they will be reminding our players every chance they get.

I say we just beat the snot out of them and then bang all of their wives and girlfriends. Call it even.

Wait, we win, and then have to bang their wives and girlfriends? Eww. That's punishment, not victory. Shaking hands should be adequate, and less likely to result in any unwanted infections.

Reactions: Alphabets
I bet they remember. And I bet that they will be reminding our players every chance they get.

Lining up for a play: "Hey Nittany Lions, remember when we were a bunch of douchebags last year and didn't shake your hands and then got lucky to beat you despite trailing the entire game?"

Lining up for a play: "Hey Nittany Lions, remember when we were a bunch of douchebags last year and didn't shake your hands and then got lucky to beat you despite trailing the entire game?"

No, I meant our coaches remember.

That was the most disappointing loss of the season. Sure we got screwed against OSU, but that is nothing new. Michigan, Illinois and Maryland were games that PSU controlled and should have won if not for squandering late game leads. But the actions of the Maryland players made that game the hardest loss to swallow.

Well, given our OL and NO ability to run the ball it is next to impossible to play ball control to run out the clock with a small lead. Third and one or two, do we get the first down ??? NO Hopefully that will change this year.

The whole handshake thing was staged by Maryland. Franklin knew it was coming. Psu athletic dept was trying to make Maryland the "big" rivalry. It was going to be billed as such. Franklin put and end to that, saying we are not going to be "rivals" with Maryland, they are not at our level. This is straight from the man's mouth, and he is spot on.

The only thing our staff should touch after pounding Edsall and that pitiful team into the dirt is a bucket of soft-shell crabs and a bag full of boardwalk fries.

Reactions: joedirt47

Revenge doesn't cut it for me. I'm all for winning convincingly and dominate in all facets of the game. Any more than that is not achieving success with honor.

They have to shake their hands. Otherwise they're stooping to Maryland's level. But a Bill O'Brien/Tim Beckman style handshake would be fine by me.

They have to shake their hands. Otherwise they're stooping to Maryland's level. But a Bill O'Brien/Tim Beckman style handshake would be fine by me.
To get to Maryland's level you do not stoop, you crawl, or slither.

We should probably thank Edsall, in some ways. Now, our guys will never take this game lightly, no matter how terrible Maryland is.

Reactions: NC2017

Don't be surprised if they do it again, win or lose.

Yup. Shake hands, kick the crap out of them, run up the score once they're beaten, and then go get the recruits they need the most. (Franklin has made a good start on the last one of these).
I hope we beat then 41-6 this year. I hope they finish 4-8 this season and I hope Franklin flips their prized LB Kendra Jones some time in December. That would be a wonderful Terp hat trick.

Well Nate.....if you're in the Chicago area the weekend we defeat Maryland, not sure I'd shake your hand but would certainly be agreeable to a high-five!:D

I hope we beat then 41-6 this year. I hope they finish 4-8 this season and I hope Franklin flips their prized LB Kendra Jones some time in December. That would be a wonderful Terp hat trick.

Funny how 247 had their crystal balls as 100% PSU for Jones. Maybe if Maryland really screws the pooch this year he will be a flip candidate. Gotta get Simmons to work on him.

Maryland is already preparing for the game, they will prepare from now until kickoff. I wish we could skip this year and play next. It will be close, they will be ready.

Maryland is already preparing for the game, they will prepare from now until kickoff. I wish we could skip this year and play next. It will be close, they will be ready.
It won't matter. This will not be a good season for Maryland football. We will crush them like grapes and make them whine [sic].

My best scenario...

1) Sound beating where game is OVER at half time
2) Shake hands by PSU players... Absolutely NO antics
3) Have a BIG PSU crowd on hand attending the game at Maryland... BIG and LOUD
4) Have a lot of recruits attending as well
5) Maryland players again do something classless like don't shake hands at coin toss
6) Maryland fans exit game early in 3 rd period

AND WHY WOULDN'T WE Shake HANDS with an opponent. A comment like that comes from a plain old A$$HOLE or a Troll. In either case it just a stupid comment!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT