ADVERTISEMENT

After these "experts" explained how Washington would beat us like an

harbest

Sep 26, 2001
old drum, why would anyone give a rats ass to the overkill drivel that's coming out of their mouths? Shut the hell up and just call the damm game already!

Reactions: NC2017
Who the heck was predicting a Huskies victory, other than Huskies fans? I am just amazed that the spread was only two.

Who the heck was predicting a Huskies victory, other than Huskies fans? I am just amazed that the spread was only two.

Almost all the ESPN "Pundits" picked Washington. I was surprised because they all seemed to think losing JoMo would be the reason. It wasn't until the game broadcast that I found out Washington's OC also left. For whatever reason that didn't seem to matter to the ESPN guys. :rolleyes:

I thought everyone but Kirk and maybe Corso (he rambled so much I got board) picked UW, I know desi did as did Reece.

Two studio morons ( I think one was Galloway) picked UW with a "high confidence factor". They then asked Reece, and for a second he looked like he was picking us, but he too picked UW, but with less confidence than the other dolts.
Amazing they are paid to sit there and pontificate. Imagine being so wrong and still getting paid big bucks. Wish I had that gig.

Two studio morons ( I think one was Galloway) picked UW with a "high confidence factor". They then asked Reece, and for a second he looked like he was picking us, but he too picked UW, but with less confidence than the other dolts.
Amazing they are paid to sit there and pontificate. Imagine being so wrong and still getting paid big bucks. Wish I had that gig.
Pollock and Vilma picked WA in the pregame show.

You could be a weather man.

You can tell the guys who did pregame did not know single thing about PSU except that Barkley is really good. All they talked about was how Washington stout once in life time defense was going to shut Barkley down because few other teams had. They had zero respect for McSorley. One guy even said “what is PSU qb going to carry the offense if Barkley is shut down?”. He said it like McSorley was a nobody qb and that’s exactly what he has been doing all season when defenses have keyed on Barkley.
You think these so called experts would actual have some knowledge of teams they talk about but nope not even close.

Last edited:
Pollock and Vilma picked WA in the pregame show.
Their reason was that PSU couldn't run the ball against stout defenses therefore UW was the more "complete" team.

Would love if these clowns would be shown the results vs their predictions and made to explain what went wrong (in front of the camera).

You can tell the guys who did pregame did not know single thing about PSU except that Barkley is really good. All they talked about was how Washington stout once in life time defense was going to shut Barkley down because few other teams had. They had zero respect for McSorley. One guy even said “what is PSU qb going to carry the offense if Barkley is shut down?”. He said it like McSorley was a nobody qb and that’s exactly what he has been doing all season when defenses have keyed on Barkley.
You think these so called experts would actual have some knowledge of teams they talk about but nope not even close.

Honestly I think they do know, they aren't stupid they just have huge egos and refuse to admit they were wrong about
Franklin and Penn State. Which INMO is worse.

old drum, why would anyone give a rats ass to the overkill drivel that's coming out of their mouths? Shut the hell up and just call the damm game already!
Their defense isn't very good. They had great stats but against terrible opponents. There was never a chance that we weren't going to win this game (even though we tried to throw it away with some bonehead mistakes).

Even Mack Brown picked WA saying that their "defense" and loosing Joe Mo were the factors for why we would lose!

+100. No one ever mentioned that UW OC was gone and that it was being done by the WR coach.
I didn't know that little nugget of info until the game started.
So either their OC was of no consequence or JoMo is the next Don Coryell.
INMO its because, many of them, don't want to admit Franklin is a damn good coach.

It wasn’t just the national pundits. Many of the local folks who cover PSU also picked UW.
Nobody hates us like the locals.

Yeah, like they all stayed up week after week till 0230 watching PAC-12 games. Half of them probably think Washington is halfway between Maryland and Virginia.

Local Media = Morons R Us.

Even Mack Brown picked WA saying that their "defense" and loosing Joe Mo were the factors for why we would lose!

Credit Ricky Rahne (sp) for calling running plays with SB getting the ball in the backfield rather at the LOS, at a dead stop, 2-3 feet away from those DT's and LB's shooting the gap!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Please take this opportunity to remember that Penn State never trailed washington in the Fiesta Bowl.

Credit Ricky Rahne (sp) for calling running plays with SB getting the ball in the backfield rather at the LOS, at a dead stop, 2-3 feet away from those DT's and LB's shooting the gap!
The old stand-still play. I hated that one.

I love Ball Coach Joe Mo and what he did for us. But every OC who ever OC'd, they all have some favorite plays that suck. And he was in love with that one. It's WAY too much to expect college players to do a post-snap read - unless you have an OL like Alabama's. You gotta do what you can do pre-snap and then run your play, for better or worse. At least you're moving forward.

Hopefully Oh Ricky You're So Fine pulls that out of the playbook, runs over it a couple times, and buries it.

He is a moron. He should be selling Angus Beef Chips! Galloway and Howard are amoebas. I am waiting to see the expression on their faces the next couple years when we will be elite. McElroy was really good. I thought Pollack was a species of fish that they sell in Arthur Treachers.

He is a moron. He should be selling Angus Beef Chips! Galloway and Howard are amoebas. I am waiting to see the expression on their faces the next couple years when we will be elite. McElroy was really good. I thought Pollack was a species of fish that they sell in Arthur Treachers.

INMO Desi is the worst of the lot, Pollack is a close second. Mack Brown is Lee Corso with a better coaching resume.
Galloway has been in our corner since last years snub and was still pretty "bullish" on us this season so I will give him a pass.
McElroy is a complete mystery. He absolutely eviscerated Franklin and Penn State for 3+ years and then has a "road to tarsus" type epiphany. I mean it was weird.

Those that picked UW over PSU due to JoeMo leaving had a firm believe that the offense would go back to pre JoeMo play calling. They also believe that Peterson would be much better in dealing with the loss of an OC than Franklin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT