ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Schefter speaks gold

What a shocker :)

Yeah. Aside from Iowa State, Minnehaha, and Wyoming tightening their belts to one degree or another has anyone heard of any other schools instituting cost-cutting measures?

And, yes, we know that the onion dip station is sacrosanct.

Reactions: stormingnorm
There is a debate about being tracked at Covid free using the new test kits. For example, the Abbot kit takes about five minutes and is very inexpensive (after the initial cost of the device). It is very possible, if you combine those, that you may end up being tested before events and tagged as Covid free for several days. I am not sure the details, but a person is not contagious for several days after being exposed. Lets say that is five days. As long as you get tested within five days of the event, you can attend. I think this is possible for team members in July and for a large number of fans by September.

There is a debate about being tracked at Covid free using the new test kits. For example, the Abbot kit takes about five minutes and is very inexpensive (after the initial cost of the device). It is very possible, if you combine those, that you may end up being tested before events and tagged as Covid free for several days. I am not sure the details, but a person is not contagious for several days after being exposed. Lets say that is five days. As long as you get tested within five days of the event, you can attend. I think this is possible for team members in July and for a large number of fans by September.
The Abbott test is more like 15 minutes fwiw

Dr. Fauci said he 'hopes' April 30 will be the date the country can start to look at 'gradually' getting back to normal but that it depends on the data. '

'We hope when we get to the extended 30 days, I do hope by the time we get there, we will see the curve in that bending, which we've been talking about now.

Last edited:

So people who want to attend events have to present test results, as well as tickets, to get in? People attending multiple events will have to be tested and submit results multiple times.

CDC's position is that it's unknown when a person become contagious. There is a German study that indicates the people are the most contagious within the first days of contracting the infection.

Yeah. Aside from Iowa State, Minnehaha, and Wyoming tightening their belts to one degree or another has anyone heard of any other schools instituting cost-cutting measures?

And, yes, we know that the onion dip station is sacrosanct.
FWIW the Big 12 announced 10% salary cuts in the conference office.

I am sure that is meaningful. To someone.

Schools just lost $500 billion from NCAA bungling their march madness contingencies. There damn sure will be football.

FWIW the Big 12 announced 10% salary cuts in the conference office.

I am sure that is meaningful. To someone.

Also, Larry Scott, commissioner of the Pac 12 is taking a 20% pay cut, executive staff 10%, and they are laying off 8% of staff.

Testing and certifying FANS???

I don't think so. Maybe stranger things have happened.... but none that come to mind OTTOMH.

The logistics of keeping the team disease free during pre-season practice aren't a walk in the park either.

That sounds simple.

Reactions: stormingnorm
Seriously? 500 BILLION? That's f^cked. I had not seen anything about that.

I sure as hell hope they don't get anything even close to that.

I can't even imagine, OTTOMH, how they could even begin to try to justify that.
I mean, what is the annual gross revenue of the NCAA.... about $1 Billion or so? (that's a ballpark guess without taking a closer look).
How do they ask for 500 X their annual revenue?

I should have put a smiley or indicated TIC. On the other hand, with Emmert's hubris anything is conceivable.

I embellished some, but Bloomberg reported schools would get $375 billion less than expected.
The NCAA Hoops tourney - which provides almost all of the NCAA revenue - grosses a bit under ONE Billion per year.

Either you looked at a site that is pure nonsense..... or you "misplaced" your decimal point :)

ADVERTISEMENT