ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Busiello commits to Penn State

wow! what a pleasant surprise.

he indicated previously that he liked PSU, and he did wear the PSU singlet. Still, I don't recall any indications that PSU was actively recruiting him, or that he was thinking of making an early verbal.

He recently completed his freshman year in high school. I believe he wrestled 106. I always hesitate to project what a person will wrestle in college based on what they wrestled as a HS freshman.

excellent news.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Speaking as a biased New Yorker who has watched Adam develop these past three years, trust me when I tell you that he is going to put the "Happy" in Happy Valley.

He has solid skills from his feet (world class duck), but really excels on the mat....Busiello is all kinds of nasty when he gets on top...It is no fluke that he is on pace to become just the fourth (assuming Diakomihalis and Teemer also do it) student-athlete in NYS History to win five crowns.

If he develops the way I think he will, expect for him to be a "bonus scoring" machine for you throughout his collegiate career !!!

Kick ass! I've been talking him up for awhile now.

I'm spreading the PSU love here near Hvolsvöllur, Iceland fellas.
Not sure how hot this is making Chickenman, but they've just renamed his current location Hvolsvöllur, Land.

Kick ass! I've been talking him up for awhile now.

I'm spreading the PSU love here near Hvolsvöllur, Iceland fellas.
It may be working. These fans are happy about something:

PAY-Iceland-fans-cheer-their-team.jpg

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Congrats! You never know, he could be wrestling 174 someday.. Off topic a bit. David Taylor looks huge nowadays :)
A friend was chatting with DT over the weekend and made the same comment. Unlike most of us, the extra weight is solving some issues rather than creating them

wow! what a pleasant surprise.

he indicated previously that he liked PSU, and he did wear the PSU singlet. Still, I don't recall any indications that PSU was actively recruiting him, or that he was thinking of making an early verbal.

He recently completed his freshman year in high school. I believe he wrestled 106. I always hesitate to project what a person will wrestle in college based on what they wrestled as a HS freshman.

excellent news.

It is good news...though tempered a little with the REAL early commit. Still, looked him up in the NY State Championships, and he did indeed wrestle 106, winning by DQ, Fall, Fall, and 6-1 (finals) in their tournament.

While I was there, noticed another Diakomihalis (surely Yianni's brother), this one Greg, winning the 99 pound weight class as an 8th grader..

A friend was chatting with DT over the weekend and made the same comment. Unlike most of us, the extra weight is solving some issues rather than creating them

Welcome Adam. DT is a good comparison since he wrestled 103 as a frosh in HS. No telling what weight Adam ends up at in college at this point.

Busiello also won three Super 32 Challenge Middle School championships before winning the high school division in 2015.

Also, Greg Diakomihalis is very good. With that being said, he is not on Yianni's skill-level when he was that age.

Reactions: Maddog
Welcome Adam. DT is a good comparison since he wrestled 103 as a frosh in HS. No telling what weight Adam ends up at in college at this point.

133. That is his limit. Fact.

Just kidding 21...one down, one to go. Go Cats!! (Baseball)

Guess this might change some minds around here about early commits ;)

Busiello also won three Super 32 Challenge Middle School championships before winning the high school division in 2015.

Also, Greg Diakomihalis is very good. With that being said, he is not on Yianni's skill-level when he was that age.

Thanks Ames. I also wouldn't be surprised by some other Fireworks around the 4th of July.

If the projected weight is close, 141-157 looking really solid going into the next decade.

For chief, I know it was half TIC, but I like the wrestler here, but still feel weird on the timing of these. That's my problem...

If the projected weight is close, 141-157 looking really solid going into the next decade.

For chief, I know it was half TIC, but I like the wrestler here, but still feel weird on the timing of these. That's my problem...

Kids have their dreams and his is to wrestle for PSU. He can always change his mind and is not locked into anything. He will still get enough exposure to other coaches, colleges etc to make an informed decision. His Mom was posting on Flo and handled some trolls after Adam lost in good fashion so it looks like he comes from good stock.

Congratulations I don't know about him projecting at 141 though more so around 125 but I guess we shall see

I am very high on Greg and think that we are only now starting to see him come into his own....It reminds me a little of the Jesse/Corey Jantzen scenario where Jesse was always a big fish, whereas Corey, while very good, did not necessarily cross over into elite status until his junior year. However, when it clicked for him, he exploded.

That having been said, I do agree that Yianni is a special caliber of talent....The cool thing is that if you ask people in the know (ex- their father), there is a belief that the youngest of the siblings, Elijah (only 8 or 9-years-old) might end being the best of the group....Unlike his older brothers who started as lightweights, Elijah seems destined to be more of a middleweight or a big man. He already is bigger than Greg.

Last edited:
Reactions: tikk10
Cool. Nice get for Lions. But sophomores to be "verbals"? Nothing to get excited about right now but will be interesting to follow his HS years....

Who knows where he winds up weightwise, but a heck of a wrestler. Looks like he is not "advanced mature" physically, so he could put on height and weight. I like recruits that aren't winning by strength in high school.

Let me see if I got this right:

Lee: Stays at 125 forever
Mejia: Goes at 133, then moves up to 141, until Teasdale gets there, then moves to 149
Teasdale: Starts at 133, unless Mejia is there, then magically moves up to 141
Busiello: Has an incredible growth spurt and starts his career at 157, thereby nullifying PSU recruiting a light weight star.
Fix: Oklahoma State lock, unless he goes to Ohio State.
Suriano: Has zero percent body fat and gets so strong he can no longer hold 125 after this year, leaving a hole for PSU there.

These are ALL things I am to understand will happen, from various message board posters.

Just making sure, hahahaha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT