ADVERTISEMENT

About the "Polls"...

Most of what you address is going to happen regardless of what form the board takes. Time moves forward and things change. That is the natural progression of things.

i agree with that... just a shame (imo) it was forced to happen quickly rather than just let time take its course.

Reactions: Ski
So let's see if I got this about right... the new format will appeal to a younger, more mobile generation... whose knowledge of JVP is likely formed by espn, msm, and our BOT... and less so by any knowledge of the man (sure, it's a large generalization, but it's pretty close to the mark).. and as time progresses, you'll have even less people who know a thing about JVP. Just some old man who got caught up in a sex thing with kids and used to be the coach.

In the meantime, you're losing the long-time folks (both to the new format and father time) who grew up with JVP and know exactly what he did for this program and this university... who can explain it and put perspective on what was and what the new "is".. is.

that 'bout it? sounds more like an alternate version of "move along" to me.

and this whole "free" thing is kind of a joke.. it was ALWAYS free. the value added came from the participants who made this an amazing refuge (and better than google)... i understand that rivals mgmt get to make heir own rules and that's just how it's gonna be... but for "most" of us (in due time, the "us" demographic will no doubt change), something was clearly lost. and that is too bad.

imo, of course.

Why do we need to relate everything back to Joe Paterno?

This board could relate a discussion about a ham sandwich back to some deli in Brooklyn that Joe used to frequent during his teenage years.

It's a message board format change, folks. The old system wasn't working; Xenforo might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but to relate Joe/what happened to him to a network-wide message board software change is a bit much.

Well, as I have stated many times before on this site I'll tell you what my grandfather used to say "If we all liked the same things then everybody would be wanting to "bop" your grandmother."
May the wiseman rest in peace.

She WAS attractive.

So now the format change is affecting Paterno's legacy? Wow, this thread just keeps on getting better

Reactions: RobBliz
If they are trying to appeal to younger folks, then we should be allowed to "like" our own posts. The younger generation would have a field day with that feature!!
COTW.....Or should I say Crack Of The New Board.....candidate.
Funniest comment I have read here in recent weeks.
Well done!!!!!

It's a message board format change, folks. The old system wasn't working; Xenforo might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but to relate Joe/what happened to him to a network-wide message board software change is a bit much.[/QUOTE]

actually, the old system seemed to work just fine. as to the latter re joe pa... well, that's especially if you're part of the move on bunch. most of us who were around from the 60's and 70's ain't on that caravan.

It's a message board format change, folks. The old system wasn't working; Xenforo might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but to relate Joe/what happened to him to a network-wide message board software change is a bit much.

actually, the old system seemed to work just fine. as to the latter re joe pa... well, that's especially if you're part of the move on bunch. most of us who were around from the 60's and 70's ain't on that caravan.[/QUOTE]
No it didn't. It crashed all the time and was much harder on resources than this one. It lacked the ability to keep up with today's demand.

Reactions: RobBliz

actually, the old system seemed to work just fine. as to the latter re joe pa... well, that's especially if you're part of the move on bunch. most of us who were around from the 60's and 70's ain't on that caravan.[/QUOTE]

A website devoted to recruiting that crashes on national signing day is not working just fine. The idea that Rivals made a platform wide change for all sites country wide, just to move on from the JoePa crowd is laughable.

Reactions: m3driver
actually, the old system seemed to work just fine. as to the latter re joe pa... well, that's especially if you're part of the move on bunch. most of us who were around from the 60's and 70's ain't on that caravan.

A website devoted to recruiting that crashes on national signing day is not working just fine. The idea that Rivals made a platform wide change for all sites country wide, just to move on from the JoePa crowd is laughable.[/QUOTE]

never said they did. no one (to my knowledge) has said that... but it is part of the outcome and will continue to be so as time marches on. btw, it is especially interesting that the same select few people keep rushing to the defense of a system that most people are not in favor of... whereas there are quite a few folks who are not happy about it who, when they voice that opinion, are told to shut up and move on. kinda... things that make you go.. hmmmm.

as to it's failure on signing day.. yup. much like just about every system out there, it had issues. but this new system has experienced plenty of gaffes in its very short operating time.

i really have tried being open minded about it, but every time I come on here its just exhausting and confusing. I used to check it every morning i woke up....now its just a pain to try to look at it. its sad.

i really have tried being open minded about it, but every time I come on here its just exhausting and confusing. I used to check it every morning i woke up....now its just a pain to try to look at it. its sad.

at first blush, the alerts seemed like such a cool thing. but one thing this does is force us back into threads we probably would just as soon say adios to. and frankly, this is one of them. but someone posts something that is a lie or red herring and there is an immediate need to respond to it... after all, it's sitting right there in your alert box and all but baiting you back in. the old way.. you just let it go.. it drifted away into the back pages and unless it really mattered, you just walked on. [of course, what this new set-up does is prolong topics that should long ago have died.. in short, it rigs the volume and lends the appearance that we're using it more than we typically would.]

in this new view, there is little sense of where the "thread" is at.. who is on it.. who is responding to what. in short, it's a mess and a lousy shell of what we had. that it's swell for the kiddies and mobile folksters is... well, sigh, it is what it is. and gee golly whiz, it's FREE!!! [how many times do we get that claptrap drivel shoved down our throats?]

a very select few defend this new joke as if their financial lives depend on it. frankly, it sucks. does it mean i'm planning to abandon ship (as some seemingly have done)? hardly. there are folks here i really like and respect... even those i often disagree with... and i'd miss that discourse. this is the only real source of information both for the team and other things that interest many of us. so like it or not, i'll stick it out and endure the clutter.

but is it a better way to fly?

seriously?

put another way, had i been given the option of paying for the old system or losing it, i would have paid a reasonable fee. but for this? u gotta be kidding.

Reactions: PSUcubbie
A website devoted to recruiting that crashes on national signing day is not working just fine. The idea that Rivals made a platform wide change for all sites country wide, just to move on from the JoePa crowd is laughable.

never said they did. no one (to my knowledge) has said that... but it is part of the outcome and will continue to be so as time marches on. btw, it is especially interesting that the same select few people keep rushing to the defense of a system that most people are not in favor of... whereas there are quite a few folks who are not happy about it who, when they voice that opinion, are told to shut up and move on. kinda... things that make you go.. hmmmm.

as to it's failure on signing day.. yup. much like just about every system out there, it had issues. but this new system has experienced plenty of gaffes in its very short operating time.[/QUOTE]
Yep, you've got us. You figured us out.

We are part of a grand conspiracy to make sure people like the board and forget about Joe Paterno.

Good god, some people around here are absolutely nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT