ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Pico goes down again

His camp has rushed him his entire career. One bad decision after another. This might get him back into wrestling but he isn't going to pick up where he left off and I question whether they'll totally commit to getting him competitive again. I suspect he'll wrestle just long enough to make a run at the Olympics (Mexico) before heading back to MMA with the mantra of a new and improved Pico.

Last edited:
Glass jaw? Lucky he didnt get knocked cold. Not a huge Pico fan but I will give him a pass on this one. He went low for a shot and opponent went high, bad outcome, and even a guy with an iron jaw is gonna get rocked by a flying knee.
Right? Look up what happened to Cyborg Santos (the male one) if you want to know how much damage a knee can do. Actually don't because it is horrifying.

If only he had followed an athletic path that didn't involve getting repeatedly punched and kicked in the face. Dude may be an awesome fighter but that don't mean sh** if even Glass Joe thinks you have a weak chin.

Reactions: diggerpup
He needs to rethink his life’s work or end up in a nursing home by age 40.

He’s got no fight IQ
So, the fact that last nights fight was quite an adjustment from his previous fights, using tactics to go to ground like Khabib does, and he dominated the fight as a result means he has no fight IQ? We were watching and thinking he was impressive in his change and process.

Then a flying knee.....which takes out literally everyone.

Look, I’m on record saying it was a mistake, but I’m over it. He’s good, and adjusting with different plans. No one goes thru MMA unscathed. It’s too unpredictable. It’s mixed martial arts. It isn’t Judo. It isn’t Muay Thai, it isn’t boxing. It’s all of them and more.

Would you say Rose Namajunas has no fight IQ? I mean, she got dropped on her head while winning and lost her champ belt.

There are plenty of lousy looking fighters. Pico isn’t one of them. Just because he chaise a pathway WE don’t prefer doesn’t make him a crappy fighter.

So, the fact that last nights fight was quite an adjustment from his previous fights, using tactics to go to ground like Khabib does, and he dominated the fight as a result means he has no fight IQ? We were watching and thinking he was impressive in his change and process.

Look, I’m on record saying it was a mistake, but I’m over it. He’s good, and adjusting with different plans. No one goes thru MMA unscathed. It’s too unpredictable. It’s mixed martial arts. It isn’t Judo. It isn’t Muay Thai, it isn’t boxing. It’s all of them and more.

Would you say Rose Namajunas has no fight IQ? I mean, she got dropped on her head while winning and lost her champ belt.

There are plenty of lousy looking fighters. Pico isn’t one of them. Just because he chaise a pathway WE don’t prefer doesn’t make him a crappy fighter.
There’s unscathed and then there’s 4-3 and suffering 2 massive knockouts in a row.

You guys still bitter about Pico? Poor dude can't catch a break with some of ya;) He sure can catch a knee however! I hope he gets his freestyle training going for the Olympics. He still has it in him forsure

Reactions: NittanyLion84

I don’t think that was that clean of a knee job. Frankly, I think it was fairly weak and survivable. He was conscious after and just lolled around. Methinks glass jaw, just like that pu$$y garbrandt

So, the fact that last nights ... adjustment ..., using tactics ..., and he ... means he has no fight IQ? ...
“Stupid is as Stupid does” — Forrest Gump.
“4-3 and suffering 2 massive knockouts in a row.” — Chickenman
“Therefore, Pico is 3 out of 7 in fight stupidity” — Modus Ponens plus Math
:);)

Last edited:
From what I've seen of him, he is below average defensively and doesn't have an understanding of space (or inability to control space) in a fight. I'll give his chin a pass on the knee, but he's displayed a questionable chin as well. I'm happy for him if this has been a lucrative path, but he just doesn't look very good to me.

Reactions: diggerpup
He put several million in the bank. As fans we missed out on a tremendous talent. Pico made a life choice that will give him a different memory set, but also gave him before he was 20 a seven figure bank account.

All due respect, where do you see he has made a million dollars? Only disclosed earnings I've seen of him so far is the $50,000 payday for his second fight and per Tapology, he has $260K career disclosed earnings. I know he has sponsors but only the biggest names break the bank in MMA. At 4-3, his star is fading IMO. I do wish him the best though, immense talent for sure.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/86018-aaron-pico

All due respect, where do you see he has made a million dollars? Only disclosed earnings I've seen of him so far is the $50,000 payday for his second fight and per Tapology, he has $260K career disclosed earnings. I know he has sponsors but only the biggest names break the bank in MMA. At 4-3, his star is fading IMO. I do wish him the best though, immense talent for sure.

Hope Bo was watching. While I agree that wrestling is the (per Dana White) single most important aspect of MMA,it really doesnt help much when you guess wrong and get caught with a hard as rock, unpadded muay-thai flying knee.

Reactions: goStanford18

I do not remember if I ever read a dollar amount, but I do remember multiple organizations bidding for the exclusive athletic rights to a high school sophomore and for an 5 or 6 year period. I suppose the amount may have been less than a million, but I doubt it.

Picos corner told him after 1st round he needs to watch out for the double flying knee. He didn't recognize the flying knee and went for a takedown at exactly the wrong moment. His takedown shots were working but they were very predictable. He needs to set up takedown shots with strikes.

I do not remember if I ever read a dollar amount, but I do remember multiple organizations bidding for the exclusive athletic rights to a high school sophomore and for an 5 or 6 year period. I suppose the amount may have been less than a million, but I doubt it.
you said he put several million in the bank

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT