ADVERTISEMENT

A season to forget for the Phillies but one huge positive

How was he allowed to go out and pitch after that? Then they booed him off the field after he got lit up by the Phillies. When the Philly fans did that he flipped them the bird. I shoulda been watching the Phils game instead of NFL today.

Reactions: jjsocrates
We can dissect the good and bad of the Phillies trades but dang, shipping out Papelbon was a genius move. Now he's destroying the Nats from within. Literally choking your best player? If I was the GM I'd send Papelbon packing ASAP.
Well, for what it's worth, on July 28, the day JP was traded to Washington, the Nats were in first place. Two weeks later they were 4.5 games out. You do the math.

Well the Phils were as bad as expected AND if careful they will get the number 1 pick. That is a good thing.
What happened with the Nationals, I thought they were supposed to win it all, oops ;-)

That the Phillies were able to get someone to take that miserable bastard, was a miracle. The Nationals would do well to send him packing.
Yeah, EPC, when the trade was made I thought of the many times you'd opined on JP on this board and said to myself, geez, this could be a really bad idea. Damn. Well, that's that, my most disappointing baseball season ever is over, and it's ended in the most ignominious way possible. How charming. LOL, baseball, it's a funny game.

Heard the Nats announcers saying Pap was calling out Harper for not running out a pop up. I love the fact the Paps no longer a Philly. He's a cancer....Harpers a punk and it's fun watching them implode.

Heard the Nats announcers saying Pap was calling out Harper for not running out a pop up. I love the fact the Paps no longer a Philly. He's a cancer....Harpers a punk and it's fun watching them implode.
I was watching. Harper ran it out. He was disappointed in the at-bat and he didn't run full speed but you've seen this a thousand times. Even if you think Harper should have been called on that it's the manager's job to do that, and if you watch the video, Pap goes right for his throat, pushes Harper's head against the wall. It's telling that when Pap got back to the dugout after being pulled in the ninth no one in the dugout moved.

I'm no Harper fan but you have to respect his ability. Papelbon getting on him about his hustle is a little ridiculous especially when he goes out then and gets rocked in the 9th. I think Papelbon is somewhat unstable. That's nothing new for a closer though, you have to be a little nuts. I think this was all simmering since the suspension came down for drilling Machado. Harper doesn't want to have to worry about getting thrown at because of him and I don't blame him. And I thought it was ridiculous when Hamels threw at Harper for absolutely no reason as well.

We can dissect the good and bad of the Phillies trades but dang, shipping out Papelbon was a genius move. Now he's destroying the Nats from within. Literally choking your best player? If I was the GM I'd send Papelbon packing ASAP.
Actually it's. great season for turning around a bad situation. Got out of Papelbon's contract for next year, reloaded the minor league with talent from the trades of Rollins, Utley, etc. and a number one pick. Great lefty at Vandy I'd pick.

Actually it's. great season for turning around a bad situation. Got out of Papelbon's contract for next year, reloaded the minor league with talent from the trades of Rollins, Utley, etc. and a number one pick. Great lefty at Vandy I'd pick.
Really, I think Puk from Florida is a lock for number 1.

Mets and their organization made the moves necessary to win. Nats, Rizzo and Williams did not. Harper is an MVP. Papelbon is MVD. Both Rizzo and Williams need to go. Hot stove league will sure be interesting with Desmond and the pitcher Zimmermann FAs. Thank God for PSU football...so far.

Well, for what it's worth, on July 28, the day JP was traded to Washington, the Nats were in first place. Two weeks later they were 4.5 games out. You do the math.
I know. I mentioned on Twitter about a week ago that I don't think it's a coincidence that the Nationals sunk like a stone after they got him. He's a cancer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT