ADVERTISEMENT

A little surprised no Tiger Woods talk here today

ApexLion

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
32k currently cheering him on here in NC. It's quite a sight.

In interviews he's been human, even friendly. The gallery and the town love him. Totally unexpected week here.

In interviews he's been human, even friendly. The gallery and the town love him. Totally unexpected week here.

Nothing Thurs or Fri either.....am currently watching, he's playing well. Would be quite the story if he wins and gets into the FedEx.

Leaderboard getting really tight for tomorrow's final round.

Tiger's first putts today for the most part are absolutely AWFUL.....but he's nailing all his comeback putts. Strange to see so many of his first putts not even close.....certainly not the Tiger of old.

its the weakest field of the year in the easiest course. I watched about 10 minutes of it and 75% of the field I have never heard of.

Tiger's first putts today for the most part are absolutely AWFUL.....but he's nailing all his comeback putts. Strange to see so many of his first putts not even close.....certainly not the Tiger of old.
He certainly hasn't been leaving them short.

its the weakest field of the year in the easiest course. I watched about 10 minutes of it and 75% of the field I have never heard of.

Nevertheless, the crowds are roaring. Unique sports moment - most are unplanned and this one of those moments based on the crowd. Electricity in the air. 32k cheering on a African Asian philandering former sports superstar in Greensboro, NC of all places. Different, unique. Not sure what to make of it.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

LOL. I am sure the usual suspects will get their talking point straightened out soon enough.

Nevertheless, the crowds are roaring. Unique sports moment - most are unplanned and this one of those moments based on the crowd. Electricity in the air. 32k cheering on a African Asian philandering former sports superstar in Greensboro, NC of all places. Different, unique. Not sure what to make of it.

The world is post-racial for some folks. Not so much for others. It does the soul good to see this though. Glad you brought it up.

Reactions: WideWorld
He had a good round today...good enough to be in the last group tomorrow - which hasn't been the case for him for awhile now. Not a great field, but respectable...Sneds playing well and nice seeing DL3 in the mix. Should be fun to watch tomorrow.

Maybe the weakest field.....but not so sure about the easiest course. And 100% of the field has never heard of you!

Golf Crowds do not roar. They cheer. Nothing even close to a roar.

He had a good round today...good enough to be in the last group tomorrow - which hasn't been the case for him for awhile now. Not a great field, but respectable...Sneds playing well and nice seeing DL3 in the mix. Should be fun to watch tomorrow.

Another terrible first putt on 18.....drops a stoke and backs into the next to last group tomorrow. Still be fun tomorrow but any kind of decent putting he's leading overnight.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Tiger Woods refers to himself as being a "Cablinasian." A combination of his family heritage of Caucasian, Black, Indian and Asian.

Tiger is a tool - it's easy to be a nice guy when you suck - he is a great golfer but as a person not so much.
Well, we all know that golfers are the salt of the earth, except for the Cablinasian.

I used to be quite a Tiger fan...not so much anymore. I give him slim to no chance tomorrow. Leaderboard is crowded and he is a shell of his former self. But that said, I'd like to see him get back in the mix again. Love him or hate him he is good for golf.

Say whatever happened to Tiger?
500px-Carol-Brady-the-brady-bunch-10706627-793-599.jpg

Hmmmmm, given the way he's playing and his spot on the leaderboard, I guess he was better off playing than taking an extended amount of time off like some posters on here earlier in the week were clamoring for him to do.

The most interested spectators tomorrow will be The Barclay's. With Rory taking next week off, Tiger would give them a huge boost. A win tomorrow would almost guarantee him a spot at the Deutsche Bank in 2 weeks. Bob Harig might be in tears if he doesn't win.

The most interested spectators tomorrow will be The Barclay's. With Rory taking next week off, Tiger would give them a huge boost. A win tomorrow would almost guarantee him a spot at the Deutsche Bank in 2 weeks. Bob Harig might be in tears if he doesn't win.

A win will get Tiger comfortably into the DB in Boston, which just happens to benefit his Foundation. Very good chance that Tiger will skip Barclays if he qualifies for the playoffs.

Tiger can play against a very poor field on a golf course playing very easy (several guys shot 62 yesterday) and compete. I think that shows you where his game is. When he faces a challenging course against a quality field, he cannot keep up.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II

I never gave a crap about him during his meteoric rise to fame!

He's a CHEAT and belongs in the same company as Lance Armstrong!!

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Tiger can play against a very poor field on a golf course playing very easy (several guys shot 62 yesterday) and compete. I think that shows you where his game is. When he faces a challenging course against a quality field, he cannot keep up.

I am, by NO means, a Tiger fan or sympathizer. But he's playing to his strengths. He's taken an average of 3-4 drivers per round rather than the 8-10 he might normally take. The drivers he has hit have mostly found the fairway. He's hit that stinger 2-iron and found the fairway or the first cut. He leads the Tour in proximity to the hole when he's in the fairway and he's adding to it this week. He's hit into 1 bunker all week (and failed to get up and down for the birdie on the par 5). Thus, he's making birdies this week which he hasn't been doing much of all season. Several guys shot 62 yesterday? I only see 2. One other guy shot 64. 3 others shot 65. Everyone else was 66 and above. His game is still evolving, it's nowhere near where he'd like it to be. But he's playing smart and playing to all of his statistical strengths and as a result, he's at the top of the board.

I am, by NO means, a Tiger fan or sympathizer. But he's playing to his strengths. He's taken an average of 3-4 drivers per round rather than the 8-10 he might normally take. The drivers he has hit have mostly found the fairway. He's hit that stinger 2-iron and found the fairway or the first cut. He leads the Tour in proximity to the hole when he's in the fairway and he's adding to it this week. He's hit into 1 bunker all week (and failed to get up and down for the birdie on the par 5). Thus, he's making birdies this week which he hasn't been doing much of all season. Several guys shot 62 yesterday? I only see 2. One other guy shot 64. 3 others shot 65. Everyone else was 66 and above. His game is still evolving, it's nowhere near where he'd like it to be. But he's playing smart and playing to all of his statistical strengths and as a result, he's at the top of the board.

I agree he is playing smart, but you can get away with not hitting driver and some of the other things he is doing on an easy course, which is the way Wyndham is playing. When he gets onto courses where the rough is a little deeper, fairways a little more narrow, greens a little faster, etc…he cannot play that same way.

He's probably dizzy right now as player after player zooms past him on the Leaderboard.

Whether you hit the ball good or bad, you still gotta sink some first putts.....and he's not. He historically seemed almost automatic on anything under 10-15 feet and he's butchering these this weekend.

Right now he's the only player in the top 25 over par (+1) for the day (through 8 today).

I never gave a crap about him during his meteoric rise to fame!

He's a CHEAT and belongs in the same company as Lance Armstrong!!

Tiger never cheated in competition. Just on his wife. And with other players' wives. He is an honest competitor but a scoundrel in his personal life.

Wow - Tiger just TRIPLED #11.

From just off the green of a par four in two, took five chips and putts to get down.

Really hard to believe.....really hard to watch.

I'm no fan of El Tigre but the PSU fan base of all people should not draw conclusions based on accusations

ADVERTISEMENT