ADVERTISEMENT

A great man would have been 92 today. WE ARE...BECAUSE YOU WERE.

Happy JVP Day!

Here's to his family and his countless fans forever remembering him for being far more than a football coach. His approach to college athletics and the college experience in general is the standard that all colleges and coaches should be striving for. Some seem to be, including our own James Franklin, and our coaches across all our sports.

Even as our own Admin will only hesitantly give him a nod here and there, we life-long fans of all things PSU owe it to him and others - and to ourselves - to stand proud of his life's work, and his true legacy. I'll be a proud "Joe B. Ott" forever.

Had the privilege to meet JoePa a number of times. Other than my own father, don't think there is anybody I more admired! Happy Birthday Joe!
Some advice from Joe:
"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

Despite continuing attacks on his name and legacy, due in large measure to the abysmal handling of the Sandusky Scandal by our Board of Trustees, I have found no persuasive evidence that he was anything other than a good and honorable man who would never knowingly harm a child or cover up for anyone who did. Rest in Peace Joe.

I think Joe would have approved of Franklin's stewardship of the program to date. To the best of knowledge, the kids have graduated, played well and have stayed out of trouble. He would probably not engage anyone who would have asked him to second guess some of Franklin's decisions. He would have stayed out of the way and enjoyed the plethora of grand kids he and Sue have.

Despite continuing attacks on his name and legacy, due in large measure to the abysmal handling of the Sandusky Scandal by our Board of Trustees, I have found no persuasive evidence that he was anything other than a good and honorable man who would never knowingly harm a child or cover up for anyone who did. Rest in Peace Joe.
Well overdue now that we refer to the "Sandusky Scandal" by
its correct name: the......." Penn State Board of Trustees Scandal"....our 11/9 when the terrorist hit.....

Joe was just a incredible person. He built the foundation of our program which kept us standing thru all the bullshit of the Sandusky scandal.We were blessed to have him. Oh by the way I also think Coach is doing a amazing job and wouldn’t trade for any coach

Joe was just a incredible person. He built the foundation of our program which kept us standing thru all the bullshit of the Sandusky scandal.We were blessed to have him. Oh by the way I also think Coach is doing a amazing job and wouldn’t trade for any coach
The assholes (Corbett,OAG,BOT, NCAA, Freeh) huffed and puffed but they couldn't destroy the house Joe built. Because it had a rock solid foundation. All the pundits predicted it might be decades until PSU recovered from the unjust and draconian sanctions. This would have likely been accurate for any other program. I know Joe had a wish that the truth would be known. One truth that saddened the Assholes...... .they spent 8 and half million and could not find any wrong doing in his program. I'm still waiting for Paul Suhey to explain how he and his fellow misanthropes "protected" the PSU football program.

Well overdue now that we refer to the "Sandusky Scandal" by
its correct name: the......." Penn State Board of Trustees Scandal"....our 11/9 when the terrorist hit.....

We could also call it the money grubbing lawyer/quack psychiatrist Scandal.

FYI, the purposes fake Sandusky accusers is on Twitter now. He definitely has some interesting stories that further prove what a complete crock the whole thing was.

We could also call it the money grubbing lawyer/quack psychiatrist Scandal.

FYI, the purposes fake Sandusky accusers is on Twitter now. He definitely has some interesting stories that further prove what a complete crock the whole thing was.
What's his "handle."

The same could be said for Sandusky. The case was/is a complete fraud. Sad but true.

ADVERTISEMENT