ADVERTISEMENT

#98 Nelson for Iowa

LionIze

Dec 4, 2016
The dude acted like he cured cancer on the pentulimate play, after a batted down pass.
Hey, Nelson, how’s that egg on your face taste?

It's also a damn good thing he broke up that pass, cause if we completed it and did not score, we probably lose.

Why? If he gets tackled short of the end zone, we still have a timeout. Unless you think the play would have taken another 4 seconds to finish, then I guess you're right. But I think Hamilton either would have scored or been tackled with time left for another play. There were 7 seconds and it was a quick middle screen.

Reactions: Obliviax
..and our QB punted the ball after winning a game.

I also noted the ref running over to Johnson after the winning TD to see what he was doing. He then turns upfield, assuming to other refs, and gave the 'shush' sign. I am assuming the other refs were ready to pop a flag if it was a throat slash or something like that.

Herbstreit said we were lucky on that pass breakup. It was a subtle way to needle us.

Herbstreit said we were lucky on that pass breakup. It was a subtle way to needle us.

Puh-leeze... Herbie was 100% correct

Hamilton catches that ball and there is a 96% likelihood he would not reach the goal-line, problably fights like hell but still can't get there - and that takes time... and the clock does not stop with the whistle... then we hafta worry about that crew giving us our final TO before the clock expires... i don't like those odds...

That incompletion was KEY

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT