8TH Grade Boys Vs Girls

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
A little closer than I thought but it appears the boys coasted all the way.

Useless fact, back in the day my college buddies and I would play some local pickup games. The best of us was a 7th man on a local team that was about a .500 team in Class A. I was maybe the first, a 5'7" power forward who could barely dribble with his left hand. I was usually the high scorer , sometimes scoring half our points. Mainly because the local gals always wanted to play girls vs boys instead of co ed. I'd usually steal the first pass on my side or just go deep when we got a rebound.
These girls all played college ball and 5 schlubs would destroy them by say 50-25 or so with no foul shots. They just couldn't match the physical abilities, I could block shots on their tallest play, a lady who was 6'2" or so.
Point, biological men should compete with men, the physical gap is too great.

PSU87

Jun 8, 2001
Florida, where the weather suits my clothes

Useless fact, back in the day my college buddies and I would play some local pickup games. The best of us was a 7th man on a local team that was about a .500 team in Class A. I was maybe the first, a 5'7" power forward who could barely dribble with his left hand. I was usually the high scorer , sometimes scoring half our points. Mainly because the local gals always wanted to play girls vs boys instead of co ed. I'd usually steal the first pass on my side or just go deep when we got a rebound.
These girls all played college ball and 5 schlubs would destroy them by say 50-25 or so with no foul shots. They just couldn't match the physical abilities, I could block shots on their tallest play, a lady who was 6'2" or so.
Jr high is still on the cusp where some of the boys are still not physically developed but by 9th grade the difference is getting insurmountable.

I remember as a freshman playing our girls varsity team and beating them by about 40.

Your point is spot on.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003

If that was the takeaway from watching that game, you’re focused on the wrong thing. That game had some seriously awful basketball play.

Reactions: pittpsu and NJPSU

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Jr high is still on the cusp where some of the boys are still not physically developed but by 9th grade the difference is getting insurmountable.

I remember as a freshman playing our girls varsity team and beating them by about 40.

Your point is spot on.
I've seen this since the advent of women's sports how some great 3 sport lady athlete could dominate on the boys team. then she challenges a boy who's a backup and he smokes her. Same thing that happened with a local state title winner girls team. the boys had a poor year, the girls razzed them so they agreed to a game. the boys won by over 50.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Leave it to you to criticize a bunch of kids going through puberty...... So much class.
He was right, though. The play was sloppy.

The dude with the yellow headband dominated play. If he did not play, it would have been a lot closer. But the main takeaway is that they should not have been playing. Sixth or maybe seventh grade is the last grade where biology does not dictate a profound disparity in physicality. It was almost painful to watch that video.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

The dude with the yellow headband dominated play. If he did not play, it would have been a lot closer. But the main takeaway is that they should not have been playing. Sixth or maybe seventh grade is the last grade where biology does not dictate a profound disparity in physicality. It was almost painful to watch that video.

Isn't that the way it always is at that level? One or two good kids and the rest are kind of along for the ride?

So critical.......

Reactions: bison13

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001

But, it is ok with women's swimming in college?

bison13

Dec 22, 2007
I coach HS basketball (boys) and both our boys and girls teams are always in the state champ mix. We always do a SGA fundraiser at the end of the year where the girls team plays the boys and then they play the faculty.

The boys play with 3 players and the girls 5 and the boys always win even though the girls team has higher level and more college recruits than them. The only year the girls were even close was the year they had our schools all time leading scorer who went to Temple and played for Dawn Staley. Four of our current girls roster will play in college (2 D2, 2 D3) and 3 of the boys eventually should (all D3, maybe 1 will go patriot if he grows a bit by next year. Any idiot who thinks that born male people should play against born female people is anti -women

Reactions: Ski and m.knox