ADVERTISEMENT

76ers ....

dawgduice

Jun 2, 2006
read somewhere that they have sold 14,000 season tickets in some NBA record time. I assume it is the VERY HIGH expectations :)

Dei Lynam was on Angelo this morning and she reminded people that Sixers backcourt next year will be a 19 year old who played 1 year of college ball and another guy who hasn't played basketball in over a year.

There's going to be growing pains for sure.

Dei Lynam was on Angelo this morning and she reminded people that Sixers backcourt next year will be a 19 year old who played 1 year of college ball and another guy who hasn't played basketball in over a year.

There's going to be growing pains for sure.
Angelo 'The Snot Locker' Cataldi is a disgraceful sellout and blowhard. The only thing he has going for him is that he can eat a hoagie in the rain.

Reactions: bmw199
giphy%2B%25281%2529.gif

Love the kid but he's gotta work on his insta game:

"Excited to head to (City) and join the (team name)."—Markelle Fultz

Reactions: greenmanRD
What about the Sixers other picks last night? Who stays and who gets stached in Europe for the future? Are any of these players good outside shooters? How do they fit?

Jonah Bolden stays and makes the team. Perfect stretch 4 player. His Euro season did not end until a week or so ago, so he did not get to tryout for many teams. Was ROY in his league last year-same league Saric played in and was ROY. Brown knows Bolden and his dad quite well. Bolden is being very vocal that he is not going back to Europe next season. 40%+ 3pt shooter.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft-jonah-bolden-ucla-adriatic-league-7afd59f16d85

Jonah Bolden stays and makes the team. Perfect stretch 4 player. His Euro season did not end until a week or so ago, so he did not get to tryout for many teams. Was ROY in his league last year-same league Saric played in and was ROY. Brown knows Bolden and his dad quite well. Bolden is being very vocal that he is not going back to Europe next season. 40%+ 3pt shooter.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft-jonah-bolden-ucla-adriatic-league-7afd59f16d85

I don't have the quote, but a Sixers podcast I listened to this morning said BC indicated last night that the Euro guys weren't going to come over right away.

A number of people think he is going to be the steal of the draft. Many rave reviews about his game. Great outside J and excellent athlete.

I heard from others that listened to comments from Colangelo that they are all staying over there. It's hard to believe that Korkmaz has the cash to buy himself out. The Sixers can only contribute ~30% of his total. Honestly, I would rather see him get full game minutes over there another year.

Sign Reddick baby!

Actually, if Embiid is REALLY healthy he can score 100 on the duubs :) No way that can stop him, he is way too big and strong.
(to be honest I have my doubts regarding his health). If I am the 76ers I only play him for limited minutes and have many "announced" physical problems (foot stub, hives, jock itch, etc.) UNTIL the playoffs :)

According to Vegas, Sixers have the 10th best odds to win an NBA title this year....

ODDS TO WIN THE 2017-18 NBA FINALS (6/15/18)
Team Odds
Golden State Warriors 1/2
Cleveland Cavaliers 4/1
Boston Celtics 12/1
San Antonio Spurs 20/1
Houston Rockets 50/1
Los Angeles Clippers 50/1
Washington Wizards 60/1
Milwaukee Bucks 75/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 75/1
Philadelphia 76ers 75/1

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

The biggest concern I'd have, if I were a 76ers fan, is the Celtics. They've got a couple of really good players and picks. the Celtics have 7 first round picks in the next three years. So it will take some time, but the Celtics are sure to be loaded by the end of this decade (2019/2020) and perhaps sooner if they seek to trade these picks to accessorize Thomas and Horford.

Sixers-Timberwolves will be about as hot a ticket as you can get in the NBA next season. I say that as a Warriors fan. Both the Sixers and the T-Wolves are gonna be LOADED with young talent.

I had 1/2 season tix for the Sixers and Flyers abut 3 years ago, and they never stop trying to sell to me. Please buy tickets and stop the madness.

Sixers need to sign a couple of Vets to make sure the ship sails the right way.....Perhaps signing someone like David West, or Shaun Livingston would make some sense. Hell, 2 years 50 could get you Igoudala back and won't do long term damage to your cap.....

Sixers need to sign a couple of Vets to make sure the ship sails the right way.....Perhaps signing someone like David West, or Shaun Livingston would make some sense. Hell, 2 years 50 could get you Igoudala back and won't do long term damage to your cap.....
They did sign two good contributors today. The interesting thing is that both Reddick and Johnson were signed to one year contracts. This still leaves them more cap space for this year, but opens up a ton of space next year to go after one of the coveted free agents. They could well make the playoffs this year, especially coming out of a weak conference.

They did sign two good contributors today. The interesting thing is that both Reddick and Johnson were signed to one year contracts. This still leaves them more cap space for this year, but opens up a ton of space next year to go after one of the coveted free agents. They could well make the playoffs this year, especially coming out of a weak conference.

Thats the thinking. Go after two big free agents in 2018/2019 and also have 3 #1 picks in the draft.

You have to over pay to get what you want. That's just the way the market is. The Nets wanted him also and may have been offering a two year deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT