ADVERTISEMENT

76 people OD in Connecticut park yesterday

auto accidents have gone up because drinking and driving is a problem in Colorado. Open roads at excessive speeds. Has nothing to do with the weed, man.
Wrong....alcohol has been around for years, it didn’t just recently become a problem. So you’re saying alcohol use has gone up since marijuana was legalized? The insurance study was done looking at marijuana use.

Reactions: Sullivan
What exactly do you consider abusing pot and, what do you think the are negative consequences of the abuse? I could give you an exhaustive list of the negatives of alcohol abuse up to and including death. What is the worst thing that happens to someone who smokes too much pot?
We have enough dumb people around...do we really want to legalize something that makes them dumber?:)

I already have so many issues with your first bullet point I won't even bother reading any further.
That whole post was pure fantasy. The BS propaganda put out for decades brainwashed generations so don't expect some here to budge on this. I cannot partake, but I know plenty of people in states where it is legal and what is being said about it is pure fantasy. I'll bet half of these people if not more than that were blackout drunk many times in their lives, but hey that wasn't dangerous as the guy who ate some Twix's and fell asleep waking up fine and refreshed a few hours later...totally sober. Where as the drunk got into his car drunk the next day and went in to work like that. There is an antiquated view on some things so don't look for it to change by those with the hard line in the sand.

Reactions: BBrown
And the number of auto accidents have gone up as well (in Colorado and the other states that have legalized it).

Here we go again.

There have actually been studies done and traffic fatalities are NOT increasing in legalized states; they may be going down on a population basis. That myth should have been put to bed a long time ago -- legalizing pot does not kill anybody.

The drug warriors will never give up because they don't care about the truth, they just want to be everybody's nanny -- and have the government pay them a nice salary to do it. Almost always when you see a drug warrior defending the status quo, there's a paycheck in it.

I am sick of my tax money being wasted on this. We have spent billions upon billions of dollars arresting and imprisoning people for smoking weed, taking their houses and cars, giving millions of people (mostly black people) criminal records so they can never again hold a job or be a tax-paying citizens.

It is pretty close to the worse use of taxpayer money that I've seen in my lifetime -- and that is saying something because the government sure is good at wasting money.

I want my tax dollars spent on law enforcement that actually increases safety. That is what the criminal justice system is for. I do not want to pay the government to be some kind of social nanny.

Wrong....alcohol has been around for years, it didn’t just recently become a problem. So you’re saying alcohol use has gone up since marijuana was legalized? The insurance study was done looking at marijuana use.

Again though I’m not it’s not the reason but I don’t have nearly enough data to come to that conclusion.
Was texting or cell phone brought into the increased equation?

That whole post was pure fantasy. The BS propaganda put out for decades brainwashed generations so don't expect some here to budge on this. I cannot partake, but I know plenty of people in states where it is legal and what is being said about it is pure fantasy. I'll bet half of these people if not more than that were blackout drunk many times in their lives, but hey that wasn't dangerous as the guy who ate some Twix's and fell asleep waking up fine and refreshed a few hours later...totally sober. Where as the drunk got into his car drunk the next day and went in to work like that. There is an antiquated view on some things so don't look for it to change by those with the hard line in the sand.

Yea I read enough of that to know he doesn’t have a clue to what he’s talking about.
Apparently he’s never heard of the DT’s.:rolleyes:
Not to mention I don’t think hallucinogens means what he thinks it does.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Here we go again.

There have actually been studies done and traffic fatalities are NOT increasing in legalized states; they may be going down on a population basis. That myth should have been put to bed a long time ago -- legalizing pot does not kill anybody.

The drug warriors will never give up because they don't care about the truth, they just want to be everybody's nanny -- and have the government pay them a nice salary to do it. Almost always when you see a drug warrior defending the status quo, there's a paycheck in it.

I am sick of my tax money being wasted on this. We have spent billions upon billions of dollars arresting and imprisoning people for smoking weed, taking their houses and cars, giving millions of people (mostly black people) criminal records so they can never again hold a job or be a tax-paying citizens.

It is pretty close to the worse use of taxpayer money that I've seen in my lifetime -- and that is saying something because the government sure is good at wasting money.

I want my tax dollars spent on law enforcement that actually increases safety. That is what the criminal justice system is for. I do not want to pay the government to be some kind of social nanny.
Here we go again with the spin...I didn’t post that fatalities were up, I said accidents were up.

Again though I’m not it’s not the reason but I don’t have nearly enough data to come to that conclusion.
Was texting or cell phone brought into the increased equation?
Yes, they were factored into the equation. Again, texting has been around longer than legalized marijuana....so if accidents have gone up since marijuana has been legalized, it’s a stretch to start blaming other factors that were already around.

Yes, they were factored into the equation. Again, texting has been around longer than legalized marijuana....so if accidents have gone up since marijuana has been legalized, it’s a stretch to start blaming other factors that were already around.

Thanks, thats good information to know.

Yes. Many people are unemployed because they have a criminal record and, many people with criminal records are currently on probation or parole, which requires you to pass drug tests.
Which is all the more reason they shouldn’t be buying and using drugs....

I don't drink Jack. But I didn't oversimplify anymore than you did.
You know the whole "oh my god I can't stop smoking weed, I'm addicted" rant.

and where in the hell did I say any or even intimate any of this..."But, you just go on believing that all of these people smoking dope in the middle of the day in public spaces and getting so baked that they cannot speak clearly are victims and are being oppressed"
You are correct BBrown. I attributed another poster's comments to you about being able to get a job which is why I decided to throw my hat in the ring on this topic. Please accept my humble apology for attributing those remarks to you. I was between a meeting and a company function and was reading and writing fast. I. WAS. WRONG!

This is not a simple issue with a simple solution (IMO). I really wanted to get my perspective out from working in industry because it is all about getting liability insurance. That is all.

You are correct BBrown. I attributed another poster's comments to you about being able to get a job which is why I decided to throw my hat in the ring on this topic. Please accept my humble apology for attributing those remarks to you.

This is not a simple issue with a simple solution (IMO). I really wanted to get my perspective out from working in industry because it is all about getting liability insurance. I. WAS. WRONG! That is all.

Thanks. Thats cool.
And yea I do agree its not a simple issue but also don't think its the "devil weed" that others make it out to be. Some of the thoughts and facts in this thread are just Byzantine and wrapped in Refer Madness like "alternative facts".

Thanks. Thats cool.
And yea I do agree its not a simple issue but also don't think its the "devil weed" that others make it out to be. Some of the thoughts and facts in this thread are just Byzantine and wrapped in Refer Madness like "alternative facts".
Got it! Wanna “burn one?” ;) Sorry, I can’t for another 5-7 years! LOL!

Here we go again with the spin...I didn’t post that fatalities were up, I said accidents were up.
Actually you will find this CO report interesting because your comment about fatalities is true.. In particular see page 13 which talks about traffic deaths. The report has a whole host of other interesting and to me disturbing numbers about lots of other issues related to the effects of legalization. Of course these factual numbers will not cause any change in CO law as they don't want to cut off the gravy train. Most people argue that it doesn't cause problems because that's what they want to believe and nothing anybody says or documents will change their minds. For me, if the voters want to keep it legal, fine. Just don't argue that there are no negative impacts because there are.
http://www.rmhidta.org/html/FINAL 2017 Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado The Impact.pdf

You should have seen the number of half dead middle aged white people I saw at my last cocktail party.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT