ADVERTISEMENT

60 minutes

ram2020

Jul 29, 2013
You'll love this, 60 minutes just mentioned Spanier and said " he was convicted related to the cover-up of the Jerry Sandusky criminal matter, he could face 5 years in prison." He was acquitted of that charge! My blood is boiling.

Reactions: WeR0206
Which is why you should be pissed at CSS.
I sincerely wish they would have handled things differently. I still pin the bulk of how it went down on MM, whom I will always believe was/is a coward.

As for mentioning my alma mater, if asked, I will simply recall that the courts proved that 3 individuals mistakenly did what they thought was best, but did not conspire to protect a monster....that they could've done more, but didn't know what they were dealing with. Upon Spanier's successful appeal, I'll again share that while terrible things happened on his watch, it was/is impossible to place culpability on him.

That message won't get heard 9/10 times, but at least we now know that that truth is on our side...that they choose to live in ignorance is on them. Of course the saddest part will be that they will have taken no further steps to protect kids in the future.

Reactions: WeR0206
I sincerely wish they would have handled things differently. I still pin the bulk of how it went down on MM, whom I will always believe was/is a coward.

As for mentioning my alma mater, if asked, I will simply recall that the courts proved that 3 individuals mistakenly did what they thought was best, but did not conspire to protect a monster....that they could've done more, but didn't know what they were dealing with. Upon Spanier's successful appeal, I'll again share that while terrible things happened on his watch, it was/is impossible to place culpability on him.

That message won't get heard 9/10 times, but at least we now know that that truth is on our side...that they choose to live in ignorance is on them. Of course the saddest part will be that they will have taken no further steps to protect kids in the future.

Monster? Really? When I'm asked about it, I tell people the entire case is a fraud, which it is, caused by the PSU board's decisions made from Nov 2011 and thereafter. Allan Myers wasn't abused in that shower and neither was any other kid at PSU. Aaron Fisher is obviously lying, Matt Sandusky, etc. We were duped. I blame it all on the BOT. That's the shame, that's reality. What our school did and continues to do to innocent men, that's the crime alumns have to deal with.

Monster? Really? When I'm asked about it, I tell people the entire case is a fraud, which it is, caused by the PSU board's decisions made from Nov 2011 and thereafter. Allan Myers wasn't abused in that shower and neither was any other kid at PSU. Aaron Fisher is obviously lying, Matt Sandusky, etc. We were duped. I blame it all on the BOT. That's the shame, that's reality. What our school did and continues to do to innocent men, that's the crime alumns have to deal with.
And those people you tell that to think you are a crazy person.

Reactions: Nit16

The failure began when MM called dad and daddy-O said to come home. It ended when the three of them took it upon themselves, Friday night, to tell Joe in the morning.

After that, I still don't understand what happened much less explain it to someone else.

They are on the list. But I find it hard to be as outraged at those who had a bad error in judgement as opposed to folks who acted willfully. I'm still not quite sure how Schultz fits into all of this (willful or error in judgement), BTW.

No it is why you should be pissed at the ILLEGAL leaking of the grand jury presentment and Freeh's investigation and grandstanding where he said there was a vast conspiracy to protect Sandusky. BS. The state had five years to prove a conspiracy existed and their case was so weak they got a whopping 3 misdemeanors out of 22 charges. Freeh and the incompetents in the OAG are why this is still hanging over Penn State's head. Look at MSU. There's barley been any coverage by the media - nothing coming remotely as close to the 24 non-stop coverage of Penn State.

So you think the entire thing was made up? As in JS raped no child?

Reactions: pnnnnnnnnylion
If you can divorce yourself from the hysteria and emotions of this case and look at the evidence (or lack there of) it's obvious. The corrupt OAG spent years investigating JS and could only get 2 accusers to allege a sexual act at his trial. I'll say it again, the PSU BOT caused this entire fiasco. The fed gov agent that investigated Spanier for 6 months is beginning to publically say the same thing now that he is retired.

Reactions: Ski and dshumbero
You'll love this, 60 minutes just mentioned Spanier and said " he was convicted related to the cover-up of the Jerry Sandusky criminal matter, he could face 5 years in prison." He was acquitted of that charge! My blood is boiling.
Need verification ASAP this was actually a 60 minutes show. It's usually a SUNDAY show not a Friday show and this week they are doing a segment on FAKE NEWS. Would love to blast them for utter hypocrisy!

Reactions: step.eng69
No it is why you should be pissed at the ILLEGAL leaking of the grand jury presentment and Freeh's investigation and grandstanding where he said there was a vast conspiracy to protect Sandusky. BS. The state had five years to prove a conspiracy existed and their case was so weak they got a whopping 3 misdemeanors out of 22 charges. Freeh and the incompetents in the OAG are why this is still hanging over Penn State's head. Look at MSU. There's barley been any coverage by the media - nothing coming remotely as close to the 24 non-stop coverage of Penn State.
Except for the last sentence, this is a great post. Nassar has been ALL OVER the news. MSU is getting plastered but first the ambulance chasers want to stick it to USA GYM, which has had scads of national coverage.

If you can divorce yourself from the hysteria and emotions of this case and look at the evidence (or lack there of) it's obvious. The corrupt OAG spent years investigating JS and could only get 2 accusers to allege a sexual act at his trial. I'll say it again, the PSU BOT caused this entire fiasco. The fed gov agent that investigated Spanier for 6 months is beginning to publically say the same thing now that he is retired.
They are not saying that JS is an innocent man. He's a serial pedophile... time to accept reality.

I am definitely pissed at CSS. Their documentation was nearly non existent. That's not how you handle a case even if you think the allegations are probably false. But this lack of performance is a far cry from intentionally covering up for a pedophile in order to protect football.

And the fact that state agencies, the McQuery family, Dranov, and Raykovitz were given a free pass is sickening. This has been a case of bringing down high profile people at a big organization in the pursuit of notariety and money. It has been less about the victims or making sure such things can be prevented in the future.

Reactions: NedFromYork
For costing our university a quarter of a billion dollars.[/QUOTE

For sure.... but still not getting angry.... looking at the present and the future...

Wonder id 60 minutes just gave Spanier the opportunity to sue them too....
What a world.....

Jennieneedsashooter is absolutely correct. No one was raped or abused. The attorney Shubin told them about repressed memories. All their stories are verbatim the same with the same wording. I hope I live long enough to see the evidence come out that this was the biggest shame ever perpetrated on the legal system and done so by the most corrupt state in the country. Thank you Jennieneedsashooter because you are absolutely correct. There was no abuse by Jerry Sandusky.

I am definitely pissed at CSS. Their documentation was nearly non existent. That's not how you handle a case even if you think the allegations are probably false. But this lack of performance is a far cry from intentionally covering up for a pedophile in order to protect football.

And the fact that state agencies, the McQuery family, Dranov, and Raykovitz were given a free pass is sickening. This has been a case of bringing down high profile people at a big organization in the pursuit of notariety and money. It has been less about the victims or making sure such things can be prevented in the future.
On the other hand, however, 10 years after the fact--and after PSU purged their old e-mail system at least once--documentation for most things might just be nonexistent. Add to that that the state purges records of "unfounded" incidents (which this was deemed in 1998) after a certain time, to expect any documentation might be wishful thinking 10 years later. It very well could have been reported and handled like 1998 without any documentation being still in existence.

Jennieneedsashooter is absolutely correct. No one was raped or abused. The attorney Shubin told them about repressed memories. All their stories are verbatim the same with the same wording. I hope I live long enough to see the evidence come out that this was the biggest shame ever perpetrated on the legal system and done so by the most corrupt state in the country. Thank you Jennieneedsashooter because you are absolutely correct. There was no abuse by Jerry Sandusky.

Wow! Ok. You may want to keep that to yourself when you're not on an anonymous internet site. You can thank me later.

ADVERTISEMENT