ADVERTISEMENT

6 games back in loss column after 24 games is not a way to get me on the bandwagon.

fairgambit

Aug 20, 2010
Stranding 18 runners while scoring 1 run is not a way to win games. Thank God I can watch women's lacrosse tomorrow. I don't think I'll watch the Bucs for a long, long time. Maybe all the way to Tuesday.;)

There's no sugar coating this. The offense sucks. McCutcheon is hurt and about four other starters are not major league hitters.

There is more holes in the lineup than in a block of Swiss cheese.

Fourth place team.

I watched today's game and it was pure torture. Luriano pitched a superb game and wasn't rewarded. 18 LOB and 1 run is like Little League.

The home plate umpire was a joke. He called the game terribly for both teams. It seemed like his calls were just random and not related to where the pitch crossed the plate. I think it is about time to let technology call balls and strikes instead of the home plate umpire.

Reactions: fairgambit
There's no sugar coating this. The offense sucks. McCutcheon is hurt and about four other starters are not major league hitters.

There is more holes in the lineup than in a block of Swiss cheese.

Fourth place team.
I have a bad feeling that Cutch will be nagged by injuries all year. I keep telling myself it's early but I just have no confidence in the hitting. When you hold the Cards to 4 runs in 2 games on the road, you need to win both. It's very frustrating.

Even worse , the Cardinals scored only 1 run in each of the games first 9 innings Its pitiful to see good pitching efforts go to waste.

This team is missing Russell Martin.

Badly.
I don't think that is as big a factor. Three of their starting pitchers have ERA's under 2.00, and they're only .500. Unreal. And that .500 record is tainted. Eight of their twelve wins have come against the Brewers and D-backs.The problem isn't at the catcher's position. It's the overrated offense and there is no guarantee that Russell would have helped that. For those that don't worry and think they'll hit, you may be right. However, getting behind the Cards by eight or ten games will be the death knell. These aren't last year's Brewers. All games count equally and this team has squandered excellent starting pitching. The Cardinals find a way to win. The Pirates are over matched here in the character department.

Last edited:
And a month ago they were talking about this possibly being the best hitting team in the NL. Too many swing and miss, feast or famine, type hitters that get overmatched when the pitchers are ahead of the game in April. And Cutch is clearly hurt.

They were 12-20 at one point last year, so that's one positive.

Good thing for the Pirates is the Reds are coming. They are horrible. Cannot score and they have the worst bullpen in baseball even with having Chapman. Should be an epic series.

Good thing for the Pirates is the Reds are coming. They are horrible. Cannot score and they have the worst bullpen in baseball even with having Chapman. Should be an epic series.

We might see 3 17-inning 2-1 games with 19 runners LOB by each team, hahahaha.

ADVERTISEMENT