ADVERTISEMENT

5 Instant Impact Newcomers on Penn State's 2022 Roster

In the two clips in the beginning Singleton gets the ball on an option pitch on the edge. Was that their primary offense? Triple option? Did he get a lot of carries between the tackles in high school. Admittedly I didn't watch any gov Mifflin games

In the two clips in the beginning Singleton gets the ball on an option pitch on the edge. Was that their primary offense? Triple option? Did he get a lot of carries between the tackles in high school. Admittedly I didn't watch any gov Mifflin games

Sweeps and option plays. Probably had some Iso plays, but the offenses goal seemed to be "get Singleton the ball outside and let him outrun everyone".

Checking these highlights, I counted 5 between the tackles running plays. Another 2 that look like Counters that he broke outside because he seems to have a nack for finding daylight and hitting it hard. A couple Student Body's Left/Right that he took inside but I'm not labeling them as inside runs.

He's got that extra gear that's been missing since Brown medically retired and doesn't go down easily on the first hit. If he can pick up the pass blocking, he's going to play a lot this year. I think he's going to make an impact regardless because of his speed and catching abilities. Should be utilized as a return man as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT