ADVERTISEMENT

3x champs

Str8DBLz

Feb 2, 2019
Who would have ever thought that displaying 3 fingers (pinky, ring and middle) while holding tour thumb and index finger in a circle would be condsider a white supremacy symbol?

I can think of a few of our past guys who would have come under today's scrutiny for this nonsense.

OkayLarge267x296.jpg

I know an otherwise very nice and kind ~kid who was big on 4chan. He never believed any of it, but he used to think it was funny to lead the gullible along. He would start multiple accounts and post ridiculously outrageous and hateful things and then be outraged at his own alter ego and pretty soon other people would join in. He thinks changing the OK hand signal into the white power symbol was just somebody’s similar prank. I tell him his fun has been bad for the country but he don’t hear me. True story. People are killing our country for a prank.

Reactions: bmw199 and Str8DBLz
I thought the 3 fingers stood for KKK. Can someone please clarify exactly why this is a racist symbol, so I can sure to be informed with my outrage the next time a kid wins his 3rd title or a basketball player makes a 3 point shot or someone isn't hurt and lets us know he is OK. Thanks in advance.

That was decent of him.

I still do not understand the mindset of someone who sees a symbol that has stood for OK or 3 for centuries and they somehow think it is a racist symbol. What makes people go to that place or do they live in that place all the time and that is all they see?

Not defending the person who unfairly slandered a high school kid, but, there ARE certain unsavory elements of our society that a) have very unfortunate beliefs and b) have “ironically” coopted that hand signal.

People should really pause, take a deep breath, and think about posting things on social media.

... there ARE certain unsavory elements of our society that a) have very unfortunate beliefs and b) have “ironically” coopted that hand signal ...
My young friend says he was watching and participating in real time as a bunch of online people claimed for the first times that the OK symbol was a white supremacy symbol on a <something>chan website. He is convinced they were fellow nonbelieving rabble-rousers like himself.

It’s as if we started a slush fund joke just to make HR dumbasses dance to our dumb tune.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmw199 and Str8DBLz
Not defending the person who unfairly slandered a high school kid, but, there ARE certain unsavory elements of our society that a) have very unfortunate beliefs and b) have “ironically” coopted that hand signal.

People should really pause, take a deep breath, and think about posting things on social media.
Not "ironically" but still.

The origin of that is: some internet goofs trolled our Perpetually Outaged class, who of course bought it because they're perpetually outraged.

As they bought it and it made the rounds, actual white supremacists discovered it and latched on.

Which then gave credence to the Perpetually Outraged. So now they see it everywhere, reflexively. Amazing how many Jewish and minority folks have flashed a white supremacy signal in the past year or so.

I know the backstory here, and I was a Boy Scout so we were trained this way (doing the Scout Oath), but don’t the majority of people signal 3 using their middle three fingers?

The ok 3 is more awkward

Reactions: jayridescarbon
He Is English. Did you see the movie?
Oh great. Just spoil the scene for Ranger Dan, why don’t you? :)

I’ll tell you a secret. Neither people in your photos are actually making the alleged white power hand gesture. Shhh! I was playing along with your fakery and also the Englishman’s fakery. I even hid the movie’s true name, which actually does not include “assturd”. Mum’s the word! ;):)

Last edited:
I know the backstory here, and I was a Boy Scout so we were trained this way (doing the Scout Oath), but don’t the majority of people signal 3 using their middle three fingers?

The ok 3 is more awkward
No way, OK 3 is by far easier on the thumb and pinky. Check the MLB umpires manual.

The next thing ya know someone will get offended by the shocker!

#twoinpinkoneinstink

Last edited:
Oh great. Just spoil the scene for Ranger Dan, why don’t you? :)

I’ll tell you a secret. Neither people in your photos are actually making the alleged white power hand gesture. Shhh! I was playing along with your fakery and also the Englishman’s fakery. I even hid the movie’s true name, which actually does not include “assturd”. Mum’s the word! ;):)
He is way ahead of his time. He is making a 3D white power sign.

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT