ADVERTISEMENT

Of course. The NFL knows the worst case scenario odd to have the bengals (in conference opponent) versus the Rams (with OBJ who planned with a rams player to torpedo the browns, get cut, and play with his friend.)

I want KC-Rams, but a Bengals-Niners Super Bowl rematch from a long time ago would be cool too.

Heard them say that 3 Joe's went to the Super Bowl in their 2nd year. Namath, Montana and Burrow.

Burrow will possibly go the super bowl in his 2nd season

Didn't the genius Urban Meyer run this guy off to start Dwayne Haskins?
I mean, Haskins went 13-1 and was a Heisman finalist while throwing for 50 TDs. If they opted for Burrow, they also don't get Fields.

I'd say it worked out well for all sides.

That Burrow-Chase combination is going to be this generation's Montana-Rice. And that Cincy defense really toughened up.

Reactions: bison13
MO changed sidelines at the half after KC brain farted the game away with their time management skills.

He didn't run him off. Only 1 very good qb could play. Haskins came in cold as backup to JT Barrett with OSU behind late in 3rd and had a flawless game and won the game. In spring of 2018 Burrow was given equal reps with Haskins during spring ball. Burrow has always been very complimentary of his time at OSU and has said that the most important person in his development as a qb was JT Barrett from whom he learned superior work ethic and dedication.

Incidentally, 3 OSU players started on the Bengals defense. Sam Hubbard, Vonn Bell and Eli Apple. Hubbard and Bell made huge plays.

Not true. Burrow broke his throwing hand when he was battling Haskins in the Spring and had to have surgery which set him back. It was a neck and neck battle before he broke his hand. And keep in mind, Haskins went on to set a ton of B1G records in his one year of starting

Reactions: rrdd2021
Also, we're going to see a lot of QBs changing teams moving forward. It doesn't mean they're not good or the coach is stupid. They just aren't willing to wait their turn and who can blame them.
Or the system at the school doesn’t match their style so they go to where their skill sets match the offensive system. As in Wil Levis.

Not true. Burrow broke his throwing hand when he was battling Haskins in the Spring and had to have surgery which set him back. It was a neck and neck battle before he broke his hand. And keep in mind, Haskins went on to set a ton of B1G records in his one year of starting
Burrow broke his hand in August when it got caught in linebacker, Curt Worley's shoulder pad. One freak play changed so much.

Or the system at the school doesn’t match their style so they go to where their skill sets match the offensive system. As in Wil Levis.
I think that's more about our system being trash and not able to adapt to the strength of our players. Great coaches scheme to their strengths.

I mean, Haskins went 13-1 and was a Heisman finalist while throwing for 50 TDs. If they opted for Burrow, they also don't get Fields.

I'd say it worked out well for all sides.

That Burrow-Chase combination is going to be this generation's Montana-Rice. And that Cincy defense really toughened up.
How did that NC work out for the Luckeyes led by Fields....oh wait. But surely Haskins led them to the promised land....wrong. It was a bad move to let Burrow go, yes hindsight is 20 20 but geniuses like Urbs do not make mistakes like that.

Last edited:
How did that NC work out for the Luckeyes led by Fields....oh wait. But surely Haskins led them to the promised land....wrong. It was a bad move to let Burrow go, yes hindsight is 20 20 but geniuses like Urbs do not mistakes like that.
Well, I’d lost but PSU hasn’t had a QB half as good as either of them in the last three decades

Well, at the end of the day you have Joe Burrow who left O$U for lack of opportunity to get on the field and the great Dwayne Haskins staying at O$U.

Fast forward 3 years and Burrow has a natty under the genius tutelage of Ed O and a Super Bowl appearance in his 2nd year with of all teams the Bungals. Meanwhile what did good old Dwayne get done for the Luckeyes? Yeah I know he threw for like 87 TDs but for some reason I don't see O$U listed as a National Champion in 2018 or 2019? And where is Dwayne now? Surely tearing it up in the NFL??

• Sad
Reactions: Lion8286
Well, at the end of the day you have Joe Burrow who left O$U for lack of opportunity to get on the field and the great Dwayne Haskins staying at O$U.

Fast forward 3 years and Burrow has a natty under the genius tutelage of Ed O and a Super Bowl appearance in his 2nd year with of all teams the Bungals. Meanwhile what did good old Dwayne get done for the Luckeyes? Yeah I know he threw for like 87 TDs but for some reason I don't see O$U listed as a National Champion in 2018 or 2019? And where is Dwayne now? Surely tearing it up in the NFL??
You may want to listen to Burrow's Heisman speech, he mentions OSU several times. At the very end, he states "when I lift this trophy, it is for LSU, Ohio State and Southeast Ohio."

OSU had a terrible defense in 2018, which wasn't Haskins fault. In 2019 OSU was in the championship series and lost a close game to Clemson without any help from the refs. Haskins team had a terrible record of 13-1 (Burrow was about 10-3 that year) and Justin Fields team the next year followed with another terrible 13-1 record. Just horrible coaching malpractice by OSU staff. Just a miserable two year run by OSU.

Last edited:
You may want to listen to Burrow's Heisman speech, he mentions OSU several times. At the very end, he states "when I lift this trophy, it is for LSU, Ohio State and Southeast Ohio."

OSU had a terrible defense in 2018, which wasn't Haskins fault. In 2019 OSU was in the championship series and lost a close game to Clemson without any help from the refs. Haskins team had a terrible record of 13-1 (Burrow was about 10-3 that year) and Justin Fields team the next year followed with another terrible 13-1 record. Just horrible coaching malpractice by OSU staff. Just a miserable two year run by OSU.
No NC and who cares if he has fond memories of O$U. Not the point. He left and wins a natty elsewhere meanwhile O$U is left empty handed.

No NC and who cares if he has fond memories of O$U. Not the point. He left and wins a natty elsewhere meanwhile O$U is left empty handed.
Empty handed? tOSU played for a natty under that QB and this year's QB was a top Heisman trophy candidate as a sophomore.

The real assclowns are the University of Tennessee Admin people who didn't want Greg Schiano, because he coached at PSU with JS. Joe Burrow was going to transfer to Tennessee if Schiano was named their coach. That's what I call karma. So how'd that work out for them!

How did that NC work out for the Luckeyes led by Fields....oh wait. But surely Haskins led them to the promised land....wrong. It was a bad move to let Burrow go, yes hindsight is 20 20 but geniuses like Urbs do not make mistakes like that.

OSU went 26-2 during the two years that Burrow was at LSU.

Burrow broke his hand a month before the 2018 season opened. You're suggesting that Meyer should have still gone with an injured Burrow over Haskins? A Burrow, by the way, that virtually nobody thought was a can't-miss future superstar.

Nobody "let Burrow go". You realize that, right? Did PSU "let go" of Levis?

I can guarantee there's a backup somewhere in CFB that will transfer and have huge success. Can you tell me who it is now so that we can prepare ahead of time?

Reactions: dailybuck777
OSU went 26-2 during the two years that Burrow was at LSU.

Burrow broke his hand a month before the 2018 season opened. You're suggesting that Meyer should have still gone with an injured Burrow over Haskins? A Burrow, by the way, that virtually nobody thought was a can't-miss future superstar.

Nobody "let Burrow go". You realize that, right? Did PSU "let go" of Levis?

I can guarantee there's a backup somewhere in CFB that will transfer and have huge success. Can you tell me who it is now so that we can prepare ahead of time?
They did NOT win the NC. So get that straight. At the end of the day that is the goal. Not piling up wins, stats whatever. He went to another team and WON a NC.

Did Levis win a NC, I missed that? And PSU could have done things to keep Levis around but that is a different debate.

The point is they could have possibly done something differently to keep him and perhaps things would have turned out better for the Luckeyes. Obviously you believe they did everything perfectly and there is nothing they ever could have possibly done. Okay great that is your opinion. Also, and apparently you clearly are not of this camp, as a life long PSU fan who does not like O$U it amuses me that a QB who left their program (yes I get it there is a love fest between O$U and Burrow and there is nothing ever ever could ever be ever done to have ever kept Joe Burrow and yes Urban Meyer is still the biggest genius always right coach who made the absolutely perfect decision with impeccable judgment) goes on to win a natty with another program and O$U does NOT win a NC!

You're being ridiculous. Using the dollar sign even shows your bias. When can use that with all schools now. L$U and, yes, P$U

Reactions: dailybuck777
You're being ridiculous. Using the dollar sign even shows your bias. When can use that with all schools now. L$U and, yes, P$U
You're right but it's at this point that I just start ignoring a ridiculous post. He / she is just looking for a reaction from other posters with something this crazy

Both Burrow and Haskins have off-the- charts physical tools. The huge difference is between the ears
So it appears.

We will see.

While I am a huge animal lover, I agreeed with Tomlin giving Vick a shot.

I guess Haskins has training camp to move forward.

Of course I am biased it is a PSU forum. Or did I wander into the O$U forum. Okay I will call them OhowIhate LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT