ADVERTISEMENT

2nd We Are…..better, 7/4, Tyreese Fearbry, DE

Last year,Pitt had 2 1st team All Americans-both DE’s-Weaver and Jones-both 2 stars.
Also-a fellow named Rickey Jackson back in the class of 1976 recruiting was not star rated at all-now in pro football HOF-Oh,by the way,on that same team was another very lightly recruited DE from Mississippi who was honored by Sports Illustrated as the top defensive player of ALL TIME-yes,that would beHugh Green. So-what is your theory behind stars? Look-I hope any young fellow does well-regardless of where he goes to school. It is just the fact that you must understand who gives these kids stars-most star givers have never seen kids play.
Better contact Nick Saban…all of those 5-star gets and national Championships must have been a mirage…

Last edited by a moderator:
Ps-James Conner was a 2 star-how did your kids enjoy playing against him?
Temple had 20 players on NFL rosters in 2020 while Pitt had 14. That is why I keep saying Pitt should schedule Temple for an in state rivalry. They are about the same program.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
Have you checked Pitt’s roster lately? It is filled with young DL and LB talent. Sure,Pitt would have liked him to commit-but it is not like they are devoid of talent Adtually,having so much really good young DL talent coming to Pitt from the Pittsburgh area(ie-Johnson,Donald,et al) may have helped him think about going to a school where’re could play sooner than later.That is not a dig at PSU,but rather just a well thought out guess. That may be why Kentucky was his second pick. Anyway,best of luck to the young man.
Looking at Pitt’s last 3 recruiting classes, they have a grand total of 3 four star defensive linemen. In other words, they are averaging 1 per class. Not exactly a scary depth chart.

Penn state just landed 3 four star defensive linemen yesterday. Penn State matched Pitt’s 3 year haul in one day.

Looking at Pitt’s last 3 recruiting classes, they have a grand total of 3 four star defensive linemen. In other words, they are averaging 1 per class. Not exactly a scary depth chart.

Penn state just landed 3 four star defensive linemen yesterday. Penn State matched Pitt’s 3 year haul in one day.
Come on, read their board, Narduzzi only needs one and two stars then he develops them all into All Americans. You’d think with that kind of success they would be a better program.

I want to make sure I understand the rationale here. Pitt averages one 2 star kid a decade who exceed expectations so therefore all of there two star kids will do so. I mean, why even bother recruiting anything else. Their amazing success speaks for itself.

Last edited:
I want to make sure I understand the rationale here. Pitt averages one 2 star kid a decade exceed expectations so therefore all of there two star kids will do so. I mean, why even bother recruiting anything else. Their amazing success speaks for itself.
That’s the case….I know because I read it on the Lair.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
Last year,Pitt had 2 1st team All Americans-both DE’s-Weaver and Jones-both 2 stars.
Also-a fellow named Rickey Jackson back in the class of 1976 recruiting was not star rated at all-now in pro football HOF-Oh,by the way,on that same team was another very lightly recruited DE from Mississippi who was honored by Sports Illustrated as the top defensive player of ALL TIME-yes,that would beHugh Green. So-what is your theory behind stars? Look-I hope any young fellow does well-regardless of where he goes to school. It is just the fact that you must understand who gives these kids stars-most star givers have never seen kids play.
If your players are so good why do you lose at least 5 games every year while playing a MAC level cupcake schedule?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Have you checked Pitt’s roster lately? It is filled with young DL and LB talent. Sure,Pitt would have liked him to commit-but it is not like they are devoid of talent Adtually,having so much really good young DL talent coming to Pitt from the Pittsburgh area(ie-Johnson,Donald,et al) may have helped him think about going to a school where’re could play sooner than later.That is not a dig at PSU,but rather just a well thought out guess. That may be why Kentucky was his second pick. Anyway,best of luck to the young man.

Hope Duzzy takes your advice and brings in loads if 2 star recruits to Pitt so we here can enjoy watching Pitt lose 5+ games from now to the end of time….

Hope Duzzy takes your advice and brings in loads if 2 star recruits to Pitt so we here can enjoy watching Pitt lose 5+ games from now to the end of time….
IDK, DUZZ may not lose 5 games this year. If that happens then he really worked hard to get there. 3 of their non conference games are absolute jokes, and the other one catches Tenn in a free fall. Kenny 7 yards really isn’t that bad a QB. The kids spent 4 years running for his life and he may have mastered the routine by now. Plus the ACC coastal isn’t exactly murderers row. But then again, this is the DUZZ we’re talking about.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
IDK, DUZZ may not lose 5 games this year. If that happens then he really worked hard to get there. 3 of their non conference games are absolute jokes, and the other one catches Tenn in a free fall. Kenny 7 yards really isn’t that bad a QB. The kids spent 4 years running for his life and he may have mastered the routine by now. Plus the ACC coastal isn’t exactly murderers row. But then again, this is the DUZZ we’re talking about.

Yep, this is the Duzzy's year to over achieve. The fact that the NCAA felt sorry for him and is letting him keep Kenny Heisman as his QB for 10 years will likely keep Duz from free falling out of the the worst P5 conference in college football......

Yep, this is the Duzzy's year to over achieve. The fact that the NCAA felt sorry for him and is letting him keep Kenny Heisman as his QB for 10 years will likely keep Duz from free falling out of the the worst P5 conference in college football......
Is Kenny Heisman like 30 years old now?

You can tell this guy wants to close lime the WV cakeys but he's not a fan of playing 5 neutral and 7 away games a year.

Apparently Fearbry is up to 6-5 244, so you can lock him in at DE. Looks like a great pick up.

ADVERTISEMENT