ADVERTISEMENT

21/22 Preview - Bucknell

Cali_Nittany

Jan 5, 2016
The PRC
Bucknell Bison

Last Season
I picked Bucknell for my next preview because they were one of the first to put out their 21/22 schedule and they also happen to be one of the three universities that I applied to back in the day. Last season, well, there wasn’t much of one for the EIWA. Anyway, the Bisons went 0-3. Bucknell finished 6th out of 10 at the EIWA championships. Zach Hartman and Darren Miller qualified for the NCAA championships. I didn’t know this until I read the press release, Hartman was the 3rd highest placer in Bucknell history (6th).

This Season
Bucknell returns eight of their starters from last season, including both of their NCAA qualifiers. Bucknell’s non-conference schedule includes duals with Michigan State, Buffalo, Lock Haven and Rider and trips to the Patriot Duals, Navy Classic and Midlands. Princeton, Cornell and Penn are not on their conference schedule this season, but the Bison do have Army, Navy and Lehigh.

Brandon Seidman (SR) [Germantown Academy, PA]

Last season, in his first as a starter, Seidman went 5-6 and finished 6th at the EIWA tournament.

Darren Miller (JR) [Kiski Area, PA]

In his second season as a starter, Miller went 9-4 and qualified for the NCAA tournament after placing 3rd at the EIWA tournament. He went 0-2 at the NCAAs.

Kurt Phipps (SO) [Norwin, PA]

Last season as a true freshman, Phipps went 8-6 and finished 7th at the EIWAs.

Tyler Williams (SR) [Blair Academy, NJ]
Logan Sanom (SO) [Detroit Catholic Central, MI]

Sanom went 2-4 last season and Williams went 2-6 in 2020. One will be replacing outgoing senior and 3-year starter Matt Kolonia (4-4, 5th at EIWAs).

Jaden Fisher (JR) [Lake Orion, MI]

Jaden Fisher went 1-3 and finished 6th in his 2nd season as a starter in 20/21.

Zach Hartman (SR) [Belle Vernon, PA]

Three-year starter, Zach Hartman, became Bucknell’s 4th ever EIWA champion last season. He made it to the podium at the NCAA tournament for the first time, placing 6th from the 5th seed with a final record of 13-3. He went 2-2 his freshman season @157 and qualified last season as the 16th seed @165.

Vincent Andreano (JR) [Delbarton, NJ]

Andreano went 6-4 and placed 6th at the EIWAs in his first season as a starter.

Austin Walley (SO) [Ellwood City, PA]
Sam Barnes (JR) [Mercersburg, PA]
Nolan Springer (FR) [Mineral Point, WI]

There appears to be several options this season for this weight class. Walley went 3-1 in limited action as a freshman last season. Barnes went 1-4 last season but did get some dual starts. And Springer is an incoming freshman that was a two-time state high school champion in Wisconsin. Outgoing senior, Frankie Guida, went 5-7 and placed 8th at EIWAs last season.

Mason McCready (JR) [Holidaysburg, PA]

McCready went 6-6 and placed 7th at the EIWAs in his first season as a starter.

Heavy
Dorian Crosby (SO) [Cathedral Prep, PA]

Last season Crosby went 4-5 and placed 7th at the EIWAs as a true freshman.

all-about-bucky-meta.jpg

Bucknell Bison

Last Season
I picked Bucknell for my next preview because they were one of the first to put out their 21/22 schedule and they also happen to be one of the three universities that I applied to back in the day. Last season, well, there wasn’t much of one for the EIWA. Anyway, the Bisons went 0-3. Bucknell finished 6th out of 10 at the EIWA championships. Zach Hartman and Darren Miller qualified for the NCAA championships. I didn’t know this until I read the press release, Hartman was the 3rd highest placer in Bucknell history (6th).

This Season
Bucknell returns eight of their starters from last season, including both of their NCAA qualifiers. Bucknell’s non-conference schedule includes duals with Michigan State, Buffalo, Lock Haven and Rider and trips to the Patriot Duals, Navy Classic and Midlands. Princeton, Cornell and Penn are not on their conference schedule this season, but the Bison do have Army, Navy and Lehigh.

Brandon Seidman (SR) [Germantown Academy, PA]

Last season, in his first as a starter, Seidman went 5-6 and finished 6th at the EIWA tournament.

Darren Miller (JR) [Kiski Area, PA]

In his second season as a starter, Miller went 9-4 and qualified for the NCAA tournament after placing 3rd at the EIWA tournament. He went 0-2 at the NCAAs.

Kurt Phipps (SO) [Norwin, PA]

Last season as a true freshman, Phipps went 8-6 and finished 7th at the EIWAs.

Tyler Williams (SR) [Blair Academy, NJ]
Logan Sanom (SO) [Detroit Catholic Central, MI]

Sanom went 2-4 last season and Williams went 2-6 in 2020. One will be replacing outgoing senior and 3-year starter Matt Kolonia (4-4, 5th at EIWAs).

Jaden Fisher (JR) [Lake Orion, MI]

Jaden Fisher went 1-3 and finished 6th in his 2nd season as a starter in 20/21.

Zach Hartman (SR) [Belle Vernon, PA]

Three-year starter, Zach Hartman, became Bucknell’s 4th ever EIWA champion last season. He made it to the podium at the NCAA tournament for the first time, placing 6th from the 5th seed with a final record of 13-3. He went 2-2 his freshman season @157 and qualified last season as the 16th seed @165.

Vincent Andreano (JR) [Delbarton, NJ]

Andreano went 6-4 and placed 6th at the EIWAs in his first season as a starter.

Austin Walley (SO) [Ellwood City, PA]
Sam Barnes (JR) [Mercersburg, PA]
Nolan Springer (FR) [Mineral Point, WI]

There appears to be several options this season for this weight class. Walley went 3-1 in limited action as a freshman last season. Barnes went 1-4 last season but did get some dual starts. And Springer is an incoming freshman that was a two-time state high school champion in Wisconsin. Outgoing senior, Frankie Guida, went 5-7 and placed 8th at EIWAs last season.

Mason McCready (JR) [Holidaysburg, PA]

McCready went 6-6 and placed 7th at the EIWAs in his first season as a starter.

Heavy
Dorian Crosby (SO) [Cathedral Prep, PA]

Last season Crosby went 4-5 and placed 7th at the EIWAs as a true freshman.

all-about-bucky-meta.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT