ADVERTISEMENT

21-22 Most looking forward to Individual Matches

rakes6293

Mar 24, 2015
If i missed a thread that discussed this then i apologize. But I Looked through some of the Rankings today and took into account some weight changes and the Ivys coming back and thought itd be fun to discuss some of the more interesting potential matches for this upcoming season. Some that i am really looking forward to possibly seeing are below. Please feel free to let me know if i messed up any weights or add which ones you are also looking forward to and who may win those matches. I also didnt add any incoming freshman as i am not super well versed on the newcomers for accross the country. Let me know your thoughts.

S. Lee vs. Arujau

RBY vs. Fix

141 - If Nick Lee stays at 141 If Yianni stays at 141 add him vs any of the guys below especially N. Lee
N. Lee vs. Eierman
N. Lee vs. Rivera - These were fun matches to watch last year
Rivera vs. Eierman

Sasso vs Yianni
N. Lee vs. Yianni
N. Lee vs. Sasso

Carr vs. OConnor

Marinelli vs. Lewis

Starocci vs. Kemerer
Starocci vs. H. Hidlay
Starocci vs. Griffith
Starocci vs. Wick
All of the opponents for Starocci against each other.

Brooks vs. T. Hidlay

Beard vs. Dean - PSU Wrestle-off
Beard vs. Amine - Beard almost beat him last year

Steveson vs. Parris
Kerkvliet vs. Steveson
Kerkvliet vs. Parris
Kerkvlier vs. Cassioppi

Just rumors but I think you have Lewis and Wick mixed up. Lewis is likely to 174 and Wick is definitely a 165.

For me .... copout answer but I'm curious how all of our non champs last year look with a full year ESPECIALLY Joe Lee at 157 and how Kerkvliet looks now that he's healthy. I also believe our 4 champs have room to evolve as bonusers.

I actually think we might see Max Dean in redshirt (believe he has one available) possibly since he actually has that option (unlike Beard) until Cael decides in January.

PSU match ups aside:

We didn't get to see Eierman vs Rivera last year.

Also adding Lewis & Griffith into the crowded mix @174 will be interesting.

I've also heard that Arujau might be back up at 133, which does make more sense for their lineup even though he's not big, so I'd add him vs. any of the top guys at 133 if that's the case

I've also heard that Arujau might be back up at 133, which does make more sense for their lineup even though he's not big, so I'd add him vs. any of the top guys at 133 if that's the case
You've heard correctly

So Spencer against Pat Glory and then piles of rotting garbage for the most part. That weight has gone to hell

Can't blame them. Reminiscent of a tournament Kolat was wrestling in his freshman year. He was ragdolling a state placer from the year before. The kid made it to the second period. When the ref said he had choice, the kid said "a different weight class". Not many want to wrestle Spencer.

I think Beau B if he goes 149 may surprise and I for one will be excited to see him take on Sasso again with another year under his belt. If not Nick vs Sasso will be a nice victory to savor.

I had a dream last night. Deakin for the good guys vs anyone at 157. The horse has a broken neck, is lying in a ditch, a crowd surrounds it with clubs in their hands, .... but I think it is still breathing.

Reactions: Thenightking
I think Beau B if he goes 149 may surprise and I for one will be excited to see him take on Sasso again with another year under his belt. If not Nick vs Sasso will be a nice victory to savor.

I had a dream last night. Deakin for the good guys vs anyone at 157. The horse has a broken neck, is lying in a ditch, a crowd surrounds it with clubs in their hands, .... but I think it is still breathing.
I didn't know this before but I think Deakin is in the MBA program at Northwestern. I saw someone on "TheMat" mention he's in their directory with a Kellogg email. He can't really transfer in the middle of a 2 year MBA program to another MBA program (nor as @El-Jefe would say, it's not a degree you particularly want to forfeit anyways for the sake of wrestling)

I actually think we might see Max Dean in redshirt (believe he has one available) possibly since he actually has that option (unlike Beard) until Cael decides in January.
How about Darmstadt vs. Dean at 197?

Dean has already taken one gap year, wrestled two seasons, taken an ORS, and gotten the COVID year. He's already about 23 years old. Do transfers automatically get a redshirt year if they haven't taken one elsewhere?

Reactions: diggerpup
Can anyone confirm what the hell Spencer is doing?
Its too damn late for surgery, does he really plan on going out with no ACLs??

How about Darmstadt vs. Dean at 197?

Dean has already taken one gap year, wrestled two seasons, taken an ORS, and gotten the COVID year. He's already about 23 years old. Do transfers automatically get a redshirt year if they haven't taken one elsewhere?
Beard vs Dean for me

Can anyone confirm what the hell Spencer is doing?
Its too damn late for surgery, does he really plan on going out with no ACLs??
He's definitely wrestling without ACLs. He could have gotten surgery the day after Nationals and would likely still be out next season because it's likely a 1 year recovery time especially since he still has a second one torn. I think the kid will just rehab and hope for the best. I mean he did just win Nationals with 4 bonus wins and a 7-0 win fresh off the tear so he should be better after months of rehab. The kid is not going to do anything that would put him out next year (even through redshirt) because he knows losing his 25 to 27 points would definitively put Iowa under PSU.

Reactions: PASLP2
Just rumors but I think you have Lewis and Wick mixed up. Lewis is likely to 174 and Wick is definitely a 165.

For me .... copout answer but I'm curious how all of our non champs last year look with a full year ESPECIALLY Joe Lee at 157 and how Kerkvliet looks now that he's healthy. I also believe our 4 champs have room to evolve as bonusers.

Wick actually alluded to possibly going 174 this year and Truax bumping to 184

If i missed a thread that discussed this then i apologize. But I Looked through some of the Rankings today and took into account some weight changes and the Ivys coming back and thought itd be fun to discuss some of the more interesting potential matches for this upcoming season. Some that i am really looking forward to possibly seeing are below. Please feel free to let me know if i messed up any weights or add which ones you are also looking forward to and who may win those matches. I also didnt add any incoming freshman as i am not super well versed on the newcomers for accross the country. Let me know your thoughts.

S. Lee vs. Arujau

RBY vs. Fix

141 - If Nick Lee stays at 141 If Yianni stays at 141 add him vs any of the guys below especially N. Lee
N. Lee vs. Eierman
N. Lee vs. Rivera - These were fun matches to watch last year
Rivera vs. Eierman

Sasso vs Yianni
N. Lee vs. Yianni
N. Lee vs. Sasso

Carr vs. OConnor

Marinelli vs. Lewis

Starocci vs. Kemerer
Starocci vs. H. Hidlay
Starocci vs. Griffith
Starocci vs. Wick
All of the opponents for Starocci against each other.

Brooks vs. T. Hidlay

Beard vs. Dean - PSU Wrestle-off
Beard vs. Amine - Beard almost beat him last year

Steveson vs. Parris
Kerkvliet vs. Steveson
Kerkvliet vs. Parris
Kerkvlier vs. Cassioppi
Rivera has been rumored to be dropping down 133 for next year and Alvarez going 141

He's definitely wrestling without ACLs. He could have gotten surgery the day after Nationals and would likely still be out next season because it's likely a 1 year recovery time especially since he still has a second one torn. I think the kid will just rehab and hope for the best. I mean he did just win Nationals with 4 bonus wins and a 7-0 win fresh off the tear so he should be better after months of rehab. The kid is not going to do anything that would put him out next year (even through redshirt) because he knows losing his 25 to 27 points would definitively put Iowa under PSU.
Im not asking for opinions and am well aware of the stats,can you say with 100% certainty he is wrestling NCAA this year?

Im not asking for opinions and am well aware of the stats,can you say with 100% certainty he is wrestling NCAA this year?
I can't say it with certainty but knowing Spencer's history of just wrestling through injuries (he didn't get an ACL repaired after the Mueller match) and the team race next year .... I don't think I'm reaching here particularly.

I personally Guarantee that Spencer will wrestle next year for the Hawkeyes. That almost certainly means without any ACLs. The best thing for Spencer's future International aspirations would be for him to have had both ACLs fixed right after nationals ( One at a Time from what I have read ) and sit out the year 2021 and come back strong in 2022 with an eye towards 2024. But Spencer is very much a team player and as much as we hate to admit it.....bleeds Hawkeyes. He will do what is best for his team and deal with his ACL issues afterwards. Book it Dano.

f089b3f5045557f987b5ce90c3ea0609786fcd0e.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT