ADVERTISEMENT

21-22 Most looking forward to Individual Matches

Bug vs. Windshield

images

Dude was in the hoosegow (spelling unsure)

Seriously wasnt he in some serious trouble?
Supposedly Brands banned him from awards ceremony for fear he would get kicked out of the tournament after earlier cursing out a female NCAA official. Had he been thrown out...(i.e. had the NCAA a had any balls at all) his points are forfeited and PSU wins. I get he is a very young man and reported to be on the spectrum but his freshman year trying to injure another wrestler with a kamora is unforgivable. IMHO...he has been given too many ”second” chances and he should have been DQ’ed.

Supposedly Brands banned him from awards ceremony for fear he would get kicked out of the tournament after earlier cursing out a female NCAA official. Had he been thrown out...(i.e. had the NCAA a had any balls at all) his points are forfeited and PSU wins. I get he is a very young man and reported to be on the spectrum but his freshman year trying to injure another wrestler with a kamora is unforgivable. IMHO...he has been given too many ”second” chances and he should have been DQ’ed.
He's been thrown off the Iowa team even though he's still rostered for 2021-2022, has been talking about his plans for next year (at Iowa) and has been doing camps for Iowa ;)

Anyone know why 3rd place is not on the podium at 133? DeSanto????

Podium pics are the best, aren't they? When I look at them, they always remind me that I didn't memorize the 8 All-Americans for that year. Seeing Massa in 5th & remembering him destroying the 2019 Senior Nationals, I was like, wait, who on that podium *did Massa lose to?

The answer: only Cal Poly's Bernie Truax.

Twice.

Because of his crazy path, that began with a 2nd-round loss to Truax, and injuries, he never faced Starocci, Kemerer, Labriola, Bullard or UVU's Romero (who MFF'd to him). He advanced past Rutgers' Turley via inj default, but lost to Truax again on Saturday morning, so on the 5th step he landed. Wild.

Podium pics are the best, aren't they? When I look at them, they always remind me that I didn't memorize the 8 All-Americans for that year. Seeing Massa in 5th & remembering him destroying the 2019 Senior Nationals, I was like, wait, who on that podium *did Massa lose to?

The answer: only Cal Poly's Bernie Truax.

Twice.

Because of his crazy path, that began with a 2nd-round loss to Truax, and injuries, he never faced Starocci, Kemerer, Labriola, Bullard or UVU's Romero (who MFF'd to him). He advanced past Rutgers' Turley via inj default, but lost to Truax again on Saturday morning, so on the 5th step he landed. Wild.
Massa scored Finalist Points from 5th place (17) He got a pin and a major but also had an injury default and medical forfeit.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Is Suriano gone? I’d love him to get through Fix and lose to RBY on Saturday night

Not quite, but nice sugar coating. He threatened to KILL an NCAA official.

Reminds me of:

"Not everybody is the perfect person in the world, Everyone does -- kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me.”

- Terrelle Pryor on Michael Vick

Is Suriano gone? I’d love him to get through Fix and lose to RBY on Saturday night
Nobody knows. Smoke is he's at least done at Rutgers and unsure of whether he is going to wrestle in college again next year.

Reactions: RB-Old
How about Darmstadt vs. Dean at 197?

Dean has already taken one gap year, wrestled two seasons, taken an ORS, and gotten the COVID year. He's already about 23 years old. Do transfers automatically get a redshirt year if they haven't taken one elsewhere?
The gap year did not use eligibility, if he did take the year with the FLWC. That would mean he still has 5 years to get 4 (or 6 to get 5 thanks to Covid). ORS is a pause in the clock so that would seem to mean he has a redshirt year available. The transfer doesn’t affect that clock. So generally transfers from Cornell that were in the FLWC in their first year after HS would be somewhat unique in that they have that redshirt still in their wallet.

“Supposedly Brands banned him from awards ceremony for fear he would get kicked out of the tournament after earlier cursing out a female NCAA official.”

Not quite, but nice sugar coating. He threatened to KILL an NCAA official.
Serious question, is there indisputable evidence of this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT