ADVERTISEMENT

2026 Recruiting Class Thread

Probably related to the fact that his brother Keon is a 5* athlete in the 2022 class. Perhaps the Rucci experience taught the staff a lesson or two about recruiting siblings of elite local recruits. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ChandlerPearce
Probably related to the fact that his brother Keon is a 5* athlete in the 2022 class. Perhaps the Rucci experience taught the staff a lesson or two about recruiting siblings of elite local recruits. :)
100% correct! CJF has abandoned PA kids for to long for it not to have an effect on recruiting. Others say you can't offer a schollie to someone not deserving.....well ignoring Hayden cost them Nolan. Would the team been worse having Hayden than someone else that never sees the field? 2019 we had 23 recruits... so there was room for Hayden. CJF is still young, and learning, just like Sabah had to....and that turned out quite well

Here's a practical question ... what recording devices are most folks using to make highlight videos nowadays? Outside of big, bulky camcorders on tripods, I mean. Are they just using smartphones? I don't seem to be able to get a good, zoomed video when I attempt that (zoom in and everything becomes too grainy).

Here's a practical question ... what recording devices are most folks using to make highlight videos nowadays? Outside of big, bulky camcorders on tripods, I mean. Are they just using smartphones? I don't seem to be able to get a good, zoomed video when I attempt that (zoom in and everything becomes too grainy).
Our high school is using a tablet on tripod. I don't know exactly which tablet though. There isn't too much zooming involved as it's just recording the game then posted on Hudl.

Reactions: OhioLion
What's next, hiring one of the kids parents for a coaching position? 😉

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Our high school is using a tablet on tripod. I don't know exactly which tablet though. There isn't too much zooming involved as it's just recording the game then posted on Hudl.

OK, follow-up ... so, is that what folks do ... just get the video from the high school to compile a highlight reel for their kid? I was assuming these people putting together recruiting highlight tapes were recording on their own, separate from what the team might record.

OK, follow-up ... so, is that what folks do ... just get the video from the high school to compile a highlight reel for their kid?
I'm not sure of all sports in our HS but some coaches actually do the cut up and post the reel for the kid.

OK, follow-up ... so, is that what folks do ... just get the video from the high school to compile a highlight reel for their kid? I was assuming these people putting together recruiting highlight tapes were recording on their own, separate from what the team might record.
With hudl the kids can make their own.

With hudl the kids can make their own.

I get that ... but I'm just wondering what device people are recording with. Last year I tried with an iPhone (not for recruiting purposes ... just to play back some of the game to give the kid some feedback), and the video typically looked far away (even though I wasn't), or if I zoomed in, it was a grainy mess. Didn’t look like any of the highlight vids I’ve seen. Those big ole camcorders are a thing of the past, so what are people using? We usually have someone up in the "press box" recording games for the team, but I figured all these recruiting vids were done off someone's personal recording device. Oh well, I’ve already taken up more space in this thread than originally intended.

I get that ... but I'm just wondering what device people are recording with. Last year I tried with an iPhone (not for recruiting purposes ... just to play back some of the game to give the kid some feedback), and the video typically looked far away (even though I wasn't), or if I zoomed in, it was a grainy mess. Didn’t look like any of the highlight vids I’ve seen. Those big ole camcorders are a thing of the past, so what are people using? We usually have someone up in the "press box" recording games for the team, but I figured all these recruiting vids were done off someone's personal recording device. Oh well, I’ve already taken up more space in this thread than originally intended.
We use an iPad and the endzone camera.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
100% correct! CJF has abandoned PA kids for to long for it not to have an effect on recruiting. Others say you can't offer a schollie to someone not deserving.....well ignoring Hayden cost them Nolan. Would the team been worse having Hayden than someone else that never sees the field? 2019 we had 23 recruits... so there was room for Hayden. CJF is still young, and learning, just like Sabah had to....and that turned out quite well
Rucci kids were never coming to PSU.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT