ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2024 TE Luke Reynolds commits to Penn State

He has a ranking. 5.5, three-star and No. 8 overall in Connecticut.

Not to mention he's a little difficult to rate considering he plays QB for his high school team and will be a TE at the next level.

Tyler Warren pt 2.

Somebody has to be 4th string with QBs portaling out the way they do now.

Offer is less than 2 weeks old. Is he about to climb or does the staff just really like him?

Tyler Warren pt 2.

Somebody has to be 4th string with QBs portaling out the way they do now.

Offer is less than 2 weeks old. Is he about to climb or does the staff just really like him?
I would guess that this summer when he hits the camp circuit he’ll get some reps at tight end and will move up the charts. Plus now that he has the Penn State offer I’m sure some other schools will start looking at him and you know once the ball starts rolling…

He has a ranking. 5.5, three-star and No. 8 overall in Connecticut.

Not to mention he's a little difficult to rate considering he plays QB for his high school team and will be a TE at the next level.
Richard, maybe on Rivals but evaluating recruits is the only thing I don't like about Rivals. Everything else is top notch but Rivals HS ratings are really bad. Not sure who all does this for you but they are pretty biased and not good at evaluating HS talent.

Reactions: brupsu and bison13
I would guess that this summer when he hits the camp circuit he’ll get some reps at tight end and will move up the charts. Plus now that he has the Penn State offer I’m sure some other schools will start looking at him and you know once the ball starts rolling…
He should get a chance to put up some decent numbers next Fall. A University of South Carolina verbal is coming in as qb.

Reactions: marshall23
The day a kid from states like Conn, Vermont, etc get fairly rated early is a long way away. It’s like they have to be twice as good as a Texas kid to get noticed.

We’ve had really good luck with New England kids and there’s no real competition for us up there

A lot to like here. High football IQ is tremendously important for this position and you see that with Warren and earlier with Friermuth. So much of being a great pass catching TE is knowing how to read a secondary and adjust the route and get body position -- which is all about anticipating what the secondary is going to do.

The day a kid from states like Conn, Vermont, etc get fairly rated early is a long way away. It’s like they have to be twice as good as a Texas kid to get noticed.

We’ve had really good luck with New England kids and there’s no real competition for us up there

Plenty of competition. Two DL from his school and a QB who are all going D1. WE are not getting them.

Rivals will probably keep him a 3 star for as long as possible being that he is committed to PSU.

Rivals has PSU team recruiting rankings at #7 which is the SAME as 247.

If Rivals moved Reynolds up, would you complain that other PSU commits were passed and moved down?

Rivals has PSU team recruiting rankings at #7 which is the SAME as 247.

If Rivals moved Reynolds up, would you complain that other PSU commits were passed and moved down?
I'll complain that rivals prospect rankings are worthless as long as they deviate so significantly from others that are much more accurate. For what it's worth, ESPN also sucks at this. I like most of what Rivals does better than other sites but their prospect evaluations suck.

I'll complain that rivals prospect rankings are worthless as long as they deviate so significantly from others that are much more accurate. For what it's worth, ESPN also sucks at this. I like most of what Rivals does better than other sites but their prospect evaluations suck.

PSU, #7 per 247. Accurate.
PSU, #7 per rivals. Not accurate???

If Reynolds moves up then someone else is moving down. Which PSU commits do you think are rated too high?

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax

If Reynolds moves up then someone else is moving down. Which PSU commits do you think are rated too high?
giphy.gif

Reread. I did not say team rankings. I said player evaluations. Rivals player evaluations do suck and have shown a large variation from the real industry experts. I'm not just talking about individual player evaluations this year either. It has been the case for many years. Some are much higher, some much lower. Some are very regionally biased.

Reactions: bison13
Reread. I did not say team rankings. I said player evaluations. Rivals player evaluations do suck and have shown a large variation from the real industry experts. I'm not just talking about individual player evaluations this year either. It has been the case for many years. Some are much higher, some much lower. Some are very regionally biased.

The team rankings are the SAME on both sites. For the rankings to be the same then someone has to be ranked too high if someone else is ranked too low. That is the way averages work. The individual players are not all too low if the rankings are the same.

Which PSU commits are ranked too high by rivals?

Last edited:
The team rankings are the SAME. For the rankings to be the same then someone has to be ranked too high if someone else is ranked too low. That is the way averages work. The individual players are not all too low if the rankings are the same.

Which PSU commits are ranked too high by rivals?
I didn't claim that ALL of the individual players rankings are too low. You just said that. I never did. I said that they were not accurate and there is considerable (especially regional) bias in their player evaluations. Perhaps you need to take someone at their word instead of using your words that they never said to try to understand what they have communicated?

I didn't claim that ALL of the individual players rankings are too low. You just said that. I never did. I said that they were not accurate and there is considerable (especially regional) bias in their player evaluations. Perhaps you need to take someone at their word instead of using your words that they never said to try to understand what they have communicated?

Some are too low and about the same number are too high.

Reynolds was unranked by 247. Were they accurate?

Some are too low and about the same number are too high.

Reynolds was unranked by 247. Were they accurate?
WAS. They have updated their rankings following his performance. Are you seriously banking your assessment of a recruiting service's entire player evaluations on one player that just had a meteoric rise?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT