ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2024 Maryland DL Xavier Gilliam Commits to Penn State

I think he will start off as a DE, he has the athleticism, but I do see a frame that he could get to 280+ and play a 5 tech type. Could ultimately get moved inside if he gives up hoops this year and just hits the weight room.
So knowing that you are a hoops guy, if he were your son- do you sugfest he quit basketball to focus on football?

From a small women's sample at our school the PSU women's lax coach pretty much forbid a top goalie recruit from our high school from pkaying hoops her senior year.

Conversely, one of the first UMich lax scholly girls was ENCOURAGED to keep playing point guard on that same squad.

Football is different. What do you think?

So knowing that you are a hoops guy, if he were your son- do you sugfest he quit basketball to focus on football?

From a small women's sample at our school the PSU women's lax coach pretty much forbid a top goalie recruit from our high school from pkaying hoops her senior year.

Conversely, one of the first UMich lax scholly girls was ENCOURAGED to keep playing point guard on that same squad.

Franklin tends to like multi sport athletes. I would say whether he EEs or not will matter more than anything. With the ESD becoming the primary window for most, EEs seem to be more common than ever. They would love to get him on campus and in our program for January if that's possible with graduation.

Myself, I would recommend the kids stay in HS and play their final year of sports and graduate with their class. As a fan, or from the coaches perspective, let's graduate early and be here for spring ball!

Well, as a freshman, he was a All County in baseball, leading it in home runs(his home field is tiny though) so he gave that up this past season to spend more time in the spring working out for football.

He’s not a skilled basketball player by any means, he’s a banger. He uses his frame and athleticism to rebound to play defense and get offensive put backs. Plus on his team this past year, they lose their leading score as well as doc goodens kid who was the other forward, who, like Gilliam, was a banger and defensive presence.

If he knows he’s not going to be an Early enrollee then he might as well play basketball since he’ll probably be one of their featured guys.

Wow pretty good athlete all county as a freshman in baseball, led the county in rebounding as a basketball player..... must be a powerful guy. I would want him to continue playing basketball to keep his athletisism while lifting like crazy. We need DTs so I am hoping that he lands there, but with that background, good hand eye coordination, good tough rebounder, sounds like he could be an excellent TE.

Reactions: Online Persona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT