ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 PSU Lineup (The Dynasty Continues)

Seems weird considering he was going to redshirt this year. Didn’t seem like an issue then or have things changed on his end since he got in the lineup?
absolutely , he just had an elite season and is probably thinking he is top gun in the weight class and why should he be asked to sit. I completely agree with this by the way, I can't imagine any wrestler really wants to redshirt if they are the best guy. they want to compete and that is what they have been doing there whole life. I personally won't be surprised if one portals , happy if there is room for both but I am of the mindset a lot more of our guys portal in the future due to the backlog. It is what it is

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
OK, it won't ever happen but how great would it be for Beard to come back for one year at 197? Allow Mirasola to redshirt and get his National Championship.

Reactions: NCPsuFan
Zero chance next year’s team beats the record. Not sure it will be close. Happy to go on record there.
Agree. Despite a few bad breaks almost everything went perfect. It's an avalanche of points. Bartlet with a couple of pins, Kasak 3rd...It was a dominant performance who's point total and differential I believe will last for a long time.

Luke L
B. Davis
Bo B
SVN
Kasak
Levi
Mess
Carter
Barr
Kerk
My vote for next year

125 Lilledahl (Davis to RS then to 133)
133 *Nagao (if healthy he’ll be real good)
141 *Bartlett
149 Van Ness (Kasak RS?)
157 Mesenbrink
165 Haines
174 Facundo
184 Barr
197 Cochran (Con Mirasola RS)
285 *Kerkvliet

* seniors

My vote for next year

141 *Bartlett
149 Van Ness (Kasak RS?)
157 Mesenbrink
165 Haines
174 Facundo
184 Barr
285 *Kerkvliet

* seniors
Accurate

Reactions: Fatmarc
absolutely , he just had an elite season and is probably thinking he is top gun in the weight class and why should he be asked to sit. I completely agree with this by the way, I can't imagine any wrestler really wants to redshirt if they are the best guy. they want to compete and that is what they have been doing there whole life. I personally won't be surprised if one portals , happy if there is room for both but I am of the mindset a lot more of our guys portal in the future due to the backlog. It is what it is
They’ll figure it out. They always do. Folks can cite Beard as a departure, but Beard’s best finish since transferring was this year’s 8th place. I’m not knocking that - All-American is amazing - but it’s not the level that SVN and Kasak attained as freshman (and I recognize Beard was 7th in the Covid year too). They haven’t yet lost a hammer of the level of SVN or Kasak and I therefore don’t see it happening now either.

The reason you have log jams in your line up is...

Wait for it....

...in case you have a guy like Shayne Van Ness go out with a season ending injury. Then you can plug in another kid who wins seven straight matches and finishes in... wait for it...
Great! I guess we can pencil-in Michael Beard at 197 next year then. He's still on the bench waiting to be plugged, right?!

And Levi Haines is not going up to 174 next year 😂😂😂😂😂
Listen, jabroni, don't ever hit me with a 5X emoji when your proposal is no more likely. There is zero incentive for Messenbrink to go down. His FS aspirations are at 74KG and it's not likely that Levi could beat him for the spot. Or do you think Cael is going to hand it to him? Levi has the frame to move up to 174 should he ever decide. Certainly more compatible at 174 than Hayden Hidlay ever was. Most never saw Brooks or Nickal eventually moving up to 197 either. But hey, Haines can suck down all 4 years if he thinks that's his best route to being a 3-timer.

Great! I guess we can pencil-in Michael Beard at 197 next year then. He's still on the bench waiting to be plugged, right?!

Listen, jabroni, don't ever hit me with a 5X emoji when your proposal is no more likely. There is zero incentive for Messenbrink to go down. His FS aspirations are at 74KG and it's not likely that Levi could beat him for the spot. Or do you think Cael is going to hand it to him? Levi has the frame to move up to 174 should he ever decide. Certainly more compatible at 174 than Hayden Hidlay ever was. Most never saw Brooks or Nickal eventually moving up to 197 either. But hey, Haines can suck down all 4 years if he thinks that's his best route to being a 3-timer.
Jabroni.... 😂

You're wrong still and your posts sound like you are smoking crack.

Seems weird considering he was going to redshirt this year. Didn’t seem like an issue then or have things changed on his end since he got in the lineup?
I can think of only 2 Penn State wrestlers that became a starter and then red shirted for roster related situation. Zain and Nico. If you saw the Kasak Flo interview he basically said he doesn't care what weight he just wants to wrestle. I stood next to Van Ness at Nebraska match. He is short , Kasak size will be problematic for Van Ness. If Beau leaves I think better shot seeing Van Ness dropping to 141.

Reactions: Kale_yeah
Not that I expect him to transfer anywhere but I really like Little Rock’s Nasir Bailey. This despite him using more tape than Jack Lambert.
What about the 197 from Little Rock. Redshirt freshman placing 7th this year. His only losses came to the 3rd and 4th placers (twice each).

If the 'moe' is a nice NIL deal, I think he returns.
money.gif

Welcome back Lemon Pie! Where you been?
Just took a break. Was a little burnt out after that year I was keeping scoring data and then Cassar's injury probably broke me. Still kept up with wrestling, and actually got to witness Spencer Lee get flattened by Ramos in-person, but was just focusing more on other things for the most part. Apologies to all who reached out and didn't get back to. Planned to come back sooner, but honestly the team was just too insanely good for me to have a role here. Thought this was a good time to come back and start directing the attention towards me again.

I can think of only 2 Penn State wrestlers that became a starter and then red shirted for roster related situation. Zain and Nico. If you saw the Kasak Flo interview he basically said he doesn't care what weight he just wants to wrestle. I stood next to Van Ness at Nebraska match. He is short , Kasak size will be problematic for Van Ness. If Beau leaves I think better shot seeing Van Ness dropping to 141.
I will say this again - unless something changes between last night and next season, BB is coming back. I don’t know how to be any more clear about it.

What about the 197 from Little Rock. Redshirt freshman placing 7th this year. His only losses came to the 3rd and 4th placers (twice each).
At most, they only need a one year stop gap at 197 to allow Mirasola to RS. I’m perfectly fine with Cochran going next year. He beat a HWT AA this year. He should be able AA next year. The only option would be someone like Keckeisen who is a potential champ (he & Barr can figure out who is 184 vs 197).

People are forgetting Penn State has the #1 recruiting class coming in. Next year will be a “punt” year where they only win nationals but don’t challenge the point record so those guys can all redshirt. LOL.

My vote for next year

141 *Bartlett
149 Van Ness (Kasak RS?)
157 Mesenbrink
165 Haines
174 Facundo
184 Barr
285 *Kerkvliet

* seniors
Where does Terrell Barraclough fit in?

125 Lilledahl
133 Nagao (Davis RS)
141 Bartlett
149 SVN (Kasak RS, I don’t think he can beat out SVN)
157/165 Haines/Mesenbrink
174 Facundo (doubt Starocci is back)
184 Barr (undefeated in RS year)
197 Cochran (would love to see him get a chance)
HWT Kerk (this is where a transfer could make sense if Kerk isn’t back)

All ten guys in this lineup could AA. There’s not a big need for transfers.

I think BB and Kerk will return but don’t think CStar will because he doesn’t like going to school. It would be his best path to the 2028 Olympics though but he’s had a tough year with two knee injuries. Lilledahl is world champion! Davis will takeover for Nagoa in 25-26. SVN has been injury prone with shoulder and knee issues so Kasak has served notice that no job is secure. MM and Levi seem, physically, like the switch would make sense. Barr is the real deal and the next great one. Facundo will be a different wrestler, as will Nagao, then what we’ve seen. Cochran is a great placeholder for Mirasola who will be awesome in 25-26.

Reactions: baccafarmer
At most, they only need a one year stop gap at 197 to allow Mirasola to RS. I’m perfectly fine with Cochran going next year. He beat a HWT AA this year. He should be able AA next year. The only option would be someone like Keckeisen who is a potential champ (he & Barr can figure out who is 184 vs 197).

People are forgetting Penn State has the #1 recruiting class coming in. Next year will be a “punt” year where they only win nationals but don’t challenge the point record so those guys can all redshirt. LOL.
why do we assume everyone wants to redshirt ? what if Mirasola wants to and expects come in and start day 1. Maybe he redshirts but I just don't understand the assumption that every freshman redshirts

Reactions: Ja1339
Where does Terrell Barraclough fit in?
I think he portals out. He’s a legit AA at 165 (or 157 if he can still make that cut), but there’s no room for him in the lineup. He’s not beating out either Haines or Mesenbrink. Facundo beat him at the US Open, too. He’s going to be flooded with offers as soon as he hits the portal (possibly one from Coe College even before he’s in the portal, LOL).

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum and hlstone
Just took a break. Was a little burnt out after that year I was keeping scoring data and then Cassar's injury probably broke me. Still kept up with wrestling, and actually got to witness Spencer Lee get flattened by Ramos in-person, but was just focusing more on other things for the most part. Apologies to all who reached out and didn't get back to. Planned to come back sooner, but honestly the team was just too insanely good for me to have a role here. Thought this was a good time to come back and start directing the attention towards me again.
This is like the Beatles coming back! lol

I don’t think Carter is back. I’m not sure Kerk is either. And I think there are a lot of penciled in points in that first projection that I’m not as sure of.

I agree on Carter. Byers said in an interview, a few weeks back, that he would be surprised if Kerk did not come back. Maybe the national title changes his thinking.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
125 Lilledahl

133 Nagao (Davis RS)

141 Bartlett - he'll be back

149 Van Ness

157 Kasak - or Kasak and Van Ness could flip. I think Levi ends up taking a RS next year and comes back at 174 in 2025-26. If not, then Kasak redshirts and takes over 157 in 2025-26.

165 Mesenbrink - I don't think there is any way MM goes to 157. He is going to compete at 74kg in the future - this means he needs to be 165 at least. He is going to concentrate on putting on good weight

174 Facundo will start - Ryder will be in RS but may push for a spot (check back in JAN 2025)

184 Barr - if Carter comes back, he'll come back here but doubtful

197 Portal or Cochran (if Kerk comes back) to start or Barr (if Carter comes back) - Mirasola starts in RS but will push (check back in JAN 2025)

285 Kerk. If Kerk leaves, Cochran will move up to 285. We'll probably know this shortly (well at least PSU will, we probably won't know it until the summer).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT