ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 PSU Lineup (The Dynasty Continues)

No way in hell Mendez stays at 41 next year. He's moving up according to all sources. He might even go up to 57. His size was the main factor against Beau. In fact, both Beau and Mitchell were dwarfed size wise in their finals.

Mitchell is going down to 57. Book it.
Literally one of the smallest 141's in the country lmao

Speculation and opinion welcome from any/all re: how Cael handles divying up the 9.9 with a specific focus on extra year guys like Beau, Carter and Kerk?

I have long thought Cael makes no promises other than say a 20% for new to recruits. Above that they have to be earned via some sort of a sliding scale - in such maybe a starter gets 50% a big 10 champ 75%, and a national champion 90%. I know this is not correct as several guys have claimed they got 100% early in their careers. The math just doesn't seem to add up with so many blue chippers.

In any case if Kerk, Beau and Carter all come back, obviously some of the kids waiting in the wings have to feel some of that effect in terms of less than expected scholy Dollars.

Sure NIL helps, but PSU tuition, room and board is no joke.

Thoughts?

Speculation and opinion welcome from any/all re: how Cael handles divying up the 9.9 with a specific focus on extra year guys like Beau, Carter and Kerk?

I have long thought Cael makes no promises other than say a 20% for new to recruits. Above that they have to be earned via some sort of a sliding scale - in such maybe a starter gets 50% a big 10 champ 75%, and a national champion 90%. I know this is not correct as several guys have claimed they got 100% early in their careers. The math just doesn't seem to add up with so many blue chippers.

In any case if Kerk, Beau and Carter all come back, obviously some of the kids waiting in the wings have to feel some of that effect in terms of less than expected scholy Dollars.

Thoughts?
I feel vice versa. Leave more 9.9 for new recruits, drop the scholarship later and put accomplished guys on NIL since there’s no cap on NIL. But no promise of NIL to HS kids (who knows what they do end of day?)

Thoughts?
“9.9” is a relic. Most probably get minimal scholly, and are expected to cover it from NIL. NIL is BIG money; I know FB ain’t wrestling, but future bust USC QB Williams has made > $25 million ……(twenty five!)

Reactions: Ja1339

Thoughts?
I would guess those guys are getting enough NIL to cover everything and give them some spending money. As a 4-time champ, C-Star is a celebrity in the wrestling world, so his real NIL value should be very high.

This was from Flo in February:

Ahead Of Schedule

Shayne Van Ness sported a leg brace that appeared to allow an almost full range of motion as he headed into the wrestling room for practice on Tuesday.

It’s been rare to see Van Ness without a smile in the room when it is open to reporters. Maybe that’s odd for a wrestler considered a rising star who had this season — what was supposed to be his coming-out year — cut short by a knee injury. Not to the guys who really know him, Sanderson would say.

There’s more to that, though, and there may be a silver lining to the decision to shut Van Ness down in order to have surgery to repair something that had been ailing him for quite a while.

“He’s doing really well,” Sanderson said. “He’s ahead of where he probably should be. You hate losing a guy like Shane. Obviously, the energy and just you were seeing where he was trending and how well he was competing, but its going to be nice for him to feel good too, because he always kind of had that bum knee that was an issue for him off and on. Looking forward to getting him healthy and back in here every day.”

I can't wait for SVN to throw Rathjen on his back and pin him in the first!

Glenn Close GIF

Those posters love the attention. Ignore has been a great option for certain posters.

I find him funny. Is he hurting anyone? We don't need feelings police. 1st amendment. I just hope they dont put him in exile like turd. BTW, I just got a ticket and told to knock it off. I felt that was just.
He (or maybe it's just the mod?) is hurting those trying to debate his points and having "their" same 1A rights denied by deletions. I don't want anyone banned. I wish his immediate return, but biomod should allow "civil" discourse before always seeming to favor giving biomed full voice while silencing others.

Reactions: ikS and PD4thespawn
Ah, okay. My quandary with biomed is that I find merit in plenty of his posts. Upon reentry, if he just stays civil and plays nice with others, I doubt he’ll be in timeout again, or cause so many of our bio comebacks to become vapor ;) .
Hate to see anyone “dispatched for good.”
Guns vs Bushwood on the mat as an exhibition at the Olympic trials would be a barnburner. Especially if they bring their keyboards and their scrolls full of insults.

He (or maybe it's just the mod?) is hurting those trying to debate his points and having "their" same 1A rights denied by deletions. I don't want anyone banned. I wish his immediate return, but biomod should allow "civil" discourse before always seeming to favor giving biomed full voice while silencing others.
Message boards are not covered under the first amendment. The first amendment starts with "Congress shall make no law". The Bill of Rights (and really the whole Constitution) is a document intended to strictly limit what the government can do. It does not cover message board moderation.

Message boards are not covered under the first amendment. The first amendment starts with "Congress shall make no law". The Bill of Rights (and really the whole Constitution) is a document intended to strictly limit what the government can do. It does not cover message board moderation.
Then I would simply ask the mod to apply the same standards to all posters.

Great. Now the mods think they have more power than congress. Next thing you know we will be trillions of dollars in debt.

Thoughts?
Not all wrestlers are demanding money. Never have. Many have parents who have budgeted and planned to pay… the same parents who paid a small fortune sending kids to copious clubs, tourneys, and private schools to maximize their kids dreams.

This is part of Cael saying that if they have to work too hard to convince them to commit, it often doesn’t work out.

Yes, everyone wants more money. Some need it to attend PSU. But it absolutely does not drive a significant portion of wrestling families. One of the many things our friends on GIA don’t understand… a little bit of money and a lot of great coaching and comfortable culture and dream chasing goes further than more money with those other things less a “fit” for lots of guys.

One of our “Blue chippers” moved w mom, leaving dad behind to work and pay the bills, into a house without modern bathrooms (literally had an outhouse) to get into the right high school situation for them. It wasn’t sbout the money.

I've said it before, but count me among those that truly prefers NOT pursuing a bunch of transfers. I know that everyone else is doing it and some are doing it a LOT, but I prefer going with those who committed to PSU in high school and I'm also OK with having a "gap" or two for a year in your lineup. It's how it's always been even for the better teams; it's not always possible to manage a lineup perfectly and have one stud wrestle after the last one graduates. I do think guys like Mesenbrink are an exception. He was a redshirt freshman with 3 college matches under his belt who realized that he had likely made a mistake and I THINK that he pursued PSU and not vice versa. Fortunately for PSU, the handful of transfers that we've had were quality kids who seemed to buy into the PSU philosophy, but I'm still not a huge fan and really wish the NCAA would get the transfer portal and NIL under control to some degree.
💯 thank you

Without taking a position on Davis vs. Lilledahl, this is important and something we gloss over a lot -- the NCAA Tournament is the nation's biggest ass-kicking contest.

Beating 1 or 2 guys in duals, especially on separate weekends, is a difficult  EXTRAPOLATION toward results at NCAAs when making the podium means beating at least 4 of the country's best ass-kickers in one weekend.
I like learning new words on here but come on the definition of this one and how you used it is twisting my brains!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT