ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 PSU Lineup (The Dynasty Continues)

I guess we aren’t convincing each other and that’s fine. Lilledahl has been in physically and mentally tough tournaments before like worlds and it’s never gotten to him. I just see Lilledahl beating every top kid put in front him and once he gets in the room I expect him to make a similar jump to what Davis did. The difference is that he was better than Davis before he got in the room. With the room bump I expect him to be at a different level. If Davis is beating him it’s not a bad problem though. Just means we have a guy who should win it all
It's fine to have your position. It's totally valid. I'm just keeping mine for right now. I have a feeling about this kid.
Lilledahl is going to be a champ. I have little doubt about that. I just think he redshirts next year unless one of them grow. Then they both go.

It's fine to have your position. It's totally valid. I'm just keeping mine for right now. I have a feeling about this kid.
Lilledahl is going to be a champ. I have little doubt about that. I just think he redshirts next year unless one of them grow. Then they both go.
Everything I've heard convinces me Davis at 125 will not happen again. What I've seen doesn't convince me otherwise.

Reactions: Folkstyle184
The NCAA tournament is tough, both physically and mentally. Davis could very easily have been the champ at that weight. If Davis wrestles Jore Volk 5 more times, he beats him at least 4/5.
Without taking a position on Davis vs. Lilledahl, this is important and something we gloss over a lot -- the NCAA Tournament is the nation's biggest ass-kicking contest.

Beating 1 or 2 guys in duals, especially on separate weekends, is a difficult extrapolation toward results at NCAAs when making the podium means beating at least 4 of the country's best ass-kickers in one weekend.

There is no need to predict Lil/Braden: If Davis is moving up, we will know before the season, or at the beginning of the season. We will also know if Davis is redshirting. If Davis is staying and going at 25, we will also know when the season begins. We will find out very early when we enter one of the early season tournaments, who wins, when they end up going with each other. That's regardless of whether Lil is scheduled to shirt. History suggests that even if Lil shirts, Cael will make a decision by the middle of January.

Now watch as they wrestle one time, Lilledahl wins, but Davis goes unbeaten afterwards 😂

There is zero chance that Davis holds 125. He's moving up to 133 next season I believe.

Reactions: District four
I see 125/133 set for 4 years. I see 149-165 set for at least 2 years all with guys winning championships. Jury is out on the upper weight development of young guys.

There is no need to predict Lil/Braden: If Davis is moving up, we will know before the season, or at the beginning of the season. We will also know if Davis is redshirting. If Davis is staying and going at 25, we will also know when the season begins. We will find out very early when we enter one of the early season tournaments, who wins, when they end up going with each other. That's regardless of whether Lil is scheduled to shirt. History suggests that even if Lil shirts, Cael will make a decision by the middle of January.

Now watch as they wrestle one time, Lilledahl wins, but Davis goes unbeaten afterwards 😂
Can anyone predict a Haines vs. Mitchell match? I can't. Nobody is touching Levi at 157 for the rest of his career if he's fine holding that weight.

Can anyone predict a Haines vs. Mitchell match? I can't. Nobody is touching Levi at 157 for the rest of his career if he's fine holding that weight.
Haines is going to 165, Mitch is going to 157. They might see each other at Olympic trials but I doubt it.

Reactions: Thatswhatwedo
Did you notice the size difference at Nationals?
I bet 33 guys weighed 164+ in Mitchell's weight and 33 guys weighed a 156+ in Levi's. Now, I didn't graduate with a degree in biomedicine, but I did in accounting and it means everyone is the same size. How I could determine people's weight classes next year on my high definition 70 inch Vizio with as much confidence as you seems bat $hit crazy to me.

I bet 33 guys weighed 164+ in Mitchell's weight and 33 guys weighed a 156+ in Levi's. Now, I didn't graduate with a degree in biomedicine, but I did in accounting and it means everyone is the same size. How I could determine people's weight classes next year on my high definition 70 inch Vizio with as much confidence as you seems bat $hit crazy to me.
Well it's not. See you this fall when they announce the weight switch.

Without taking a position on Davis vs. Lilledahl, this is important and something we gloss over a lot -- the NCAA Tournament is the nation's biggest ass-kicking contest.

Beating 1 or 2 guys in duals, especially on separate weekends, is a difficult extrapolation toward results at NCAAs when making the podium means beating at least 4 of the country's best ass-kickers in one weekend.
And Big Tens is the nation’s 2nd biggest ass-kicking tournament. Davis won that. Two weeks later he ended up on the wrong side of a one point loss to the national champ and a SV loss to another AA. 125 was as wide open as ever. Run the tourney 10 more times and get 10 different sets of AAs. I’m excited to see Luke in blue & white. Also excited for Davis’s future.

With Cardenas wanting a national title I could see him approaching Cael. If that were to happen I doubt Cael would turn him away. Only drawback is he really likes warm weather, LOL.

are you mixing up Cornell with Miami??may be colder there than State bCollege

• Haha
Reactions: diggerpup
There is zero chance that Davis holds 125. He's moving up to 133 next season I believe.
Maybe but Lelledahl is not a guaranteed 4 year 125 either. Kids are not always finished growing as Sr. In highschool and he has already wrestled above 125 here and there. I would like to see them side by side and know what their walking around weights are. I have no clue, but with the added complexity of redshirts available, anyone who says they know, doesn't. Maybe not even Cael just yet

Reactions: goldenanimal
I think Van Ness ,Kasak is going to be be a situation that is going to be a issue for Cael. From what I've heard Kasak does not want to redshirt. I don't think SVN will beat Kasak. Kasak is going to be to big and strong for him .

I have a similar view. It certainly appears that TK jumped levels as the season progressed. Once he took over I wondered if SVN was in danger of never seeing the starting lineup again.

But I have to temper my view by the fact that SVN started this season on fire before getting injured (3 matches, all 1st period pins). I don't know if TK even challenged SVN for the 149 spot at the start of this season. It seems he and David Evans were duking it out at 141 and obviously didn't/couldn't displace Beau at that spot.

Either way, I'll be surprised if TK ever redshirts. It just doesn't seem to be in his DNA. And now that he's had a taste of the starting lineup, I don't see him voluntarily relinquishing it, even if that means changing weight classes. So, I'm expecting wrestle-offs between some of our young titans and AA level guys riding the pine next season.

Feldman is going to have trouble beating Greg ... and I haven’t seen anything that makes me think he’s going to be able to. Close matches going forward? Maybe/likely but I think it’s more like 5-7 point wins for Kerk

Agreed. The 1-point match at nationals seemed like an anomaly. To my eye, Kerk was never in any real danger of losing that match. I believe his only objective was to win and advance, and he would've done just enough to ensure that outcome.

I like davis at 133 , not seeing it with Nagao 3 pts at nationals

IMO, Nagao seems most likely to lose his starting spot of anyone on the team. Unless he makes some course corrections, I foresee Davis or one of our other young bucks making a legitimate run at taking over 133.

And I get the impression that Davis may be as redshirt-averse as Kasak.

Reactions: ikS and backdrft76
What did u see?? Maybe a healthy Robbie Howard takes over??
I think Lilledahl comes in for a year, maybe two if possible, at 125 then Desmond takes that spot and Lilledahl moves up to 133. A “healthy Robbie” Is a wildcard in the whole thing, but I don’t know if they even have that.

Reactions: Zukovski

The brutality of this tournament is one of the things Adam Hall and I touched on during our discussion. He said it's just so demanding physically and emotionally. Despite them cutting up with each other, those NC State kids were bruised and battered.

Dude, get an OLED tv.

I have a similar view. It certainly appears that TK jumped levels as the season progressed. Once he took over I wondered if SVN was in danger of never seeing the starting lineup again.

But I have to temper my view by the fact that SVN started this season on fire before getting injured (3 matches, all 1st period pins). I don't know if TK even challenged SVN for the 149 spot at the start of this season. It seems he and David Evans were duking it out at 141 and obviously didn't/couldn't displace Beau at that spot.

Either way, I'll be surprised if TK ever redshirts. It just doesn't seem to be in his DNA. And now that he's had a taste of the starting lineup, I don't see him voluntarily relinquishing it, even if that means changing weight classes. So, I'm expecting wrestle-offs between some of our young titans and AA level guys riding the pine next season.

And I get the impression that Davis may be as redshirt-averse as Kasak.
Your points are valid but I'm less certain of the conclusions. Cael convinced 2x finalist/3x AA Nico to shirt in a year he clearly would've been the starter. Nico was no less a headstrong competitor than anyone on our team today. Same for Zain returning as an AA.

The guys come to PSU because it's where they'll reach their goals, because they trust Cael. It may not be an immediate decision, but ultimately they'll figure out the right path, whatever that turns out to be.

What did u see?? Maybe a healthy Robbie Howard takes over??
Just from an eye test, Davis looked to be a big 125 pounder. Word in the stands at Rec Hall from reliable sources was that this year was going to his last year at 125 because it was a tough hold for him.

I don't think we'll see Robbie Howard on the mat again. His body language leaving the mat after his last match at the Black Knight Open was not good.

Last edited:
Your points are valid but I'm less certain of the conclusions. Cael convinced 2x finalist/3x AA Nico to shirt in a year he clearly would've been the starter. Nico was no less a headstrong competitor than anyone on our team today. Same for Zain returning as an AA.

The guys come to PSU because it's where they'll reach their goals, because they trust Cael. It may not be an immediate decision, but ultimately they'll figure out the right path, whatever that turns out to be.

Agreed. But this crop of Gen Z’ers may not be as patient or deferential as their predecessors.

No way in hell Mendez stays at 41 next year. He's moving up according to all sources. He might even go up to 57. His size was the main factor against Beau. In fact, both Beau and Mitchell were dwarfed size wise in their finals.

Mitchell is going down to 57. Book it.
That just isn’t accurate, with all due respect. There is about a 99.99% chance Jesse wrestles 141 next year, ESPECIALLY considering Dylan Demilio just announced he will be returning next season as well at 149. The plan as of today is for Sasso to try and return next season at 157. It may be second semester (if at all) but I know 100% that’s the plan inside the Covelli as of today. I’m more in the I’ll believe it when I see it crowd… but it’s absolutely the plan.

With Ohio State what’s going to be their biggest storyline (besides an obvious Sasso miraculous recovery/return) is what Carson Kharchla’s return does to the lineup. And for anyone who doesn’t know, Kharchla too just announced to the team and the fans at the team’s send off from Missouri that he is wrestling next year.

Kharchla was obviously better at 174 than he was at 165, although both were gauged on a gimpy knee he tried to wrestle on instead of getting it surgically repaired n the first place which ended up being a mistake. Kharchla was as constantly bothered with his knee and was extremely limited flexibility wise with that big ass bulky brace he always wore. Will be interesting to see how her returns with his knee finally surgically repaired next year.

But in saying that…Ohio State has Rocco at ‘74, and Rogotzke at ‘84, and neither are big enough to bump up to challenge Geog at 197, so if Kharchla can’t go 165, then the most logical scenario will be Kharchla and Rocco figuring out the ‘74 and ‘84 weight classes, with Ryder taking a redshirt.

Under that scenario, 165 would be up to Hepner, Paddy G, or incoming freshman Ethan Birdin out of the existing roster.

I could see Paddy starting at 57 until Sasso was ready to take over and remain at 157 if Sasso never makes it back. Hepner I just don’t think is the answer, and Birdin should redshirt do 165 is definitely a portal option at 165 for the Bucks.

Besides the obvious in Dean Hamiti, I would love for the Bucks to take a look at the kid from Ohio U Peyton Kellar, who took 5th at 157. Kid looked like a stud and was only a sophomore last year. He would slide in perfectly if Sasso can’t go at 157, or bump up to 165.

Last edited:
That just isn’t accurate, with all due respect. There is about a 99.99% chance Jesse wrestles 141 next year, ESPECIALLY considering Dylan Demilio just announced he will be returning next season as well at 149. The plan as of today is for Sasso to try and return next season at 157. It may be second semester (if at all) but I know 100% that’s the plan inside the Covelli as of today. I’m more in the I’ll believe it when I see it crowd… but it’s absolutely the plan.

With Ohio State what’s going to be their biggest storyline (besides an obvious Sasso miraculous recovery/return) is what Carson Kharchla’s return does to the lineup. And for anyone who doesn’t know, Kharchla too just announced to the team and the fans at the team’s send off from Missouri that he is wrestling next year.

Kharchla was obviously better at 174 than he was at 165, although both were gauged on a gimpy knee he tried to wrestle on instead of getting it surgically repaired n the first place which ended up being a mistake. Kharchla was as constantly bothered with his knee and was extremely limited flexibility wise with that big ass bulky brace he always wore. Will be interesting to see how her returns with his knee finally surgically repaired next year.

But in saying that…Ohio State has Rocco at ‘74, and Rogotzke at ‘84, and neither are big enough to bump up to challenge Geog at 197, so if Kharchla can’t go 165, then the most logical scenario will be Kharchla and Rocco figuring out the ‘74 and ‘84 weight classes, with Ryder taking a redshirt.

Under that scenario, 165 would be up to Hepner, Paddy G, or incoming freshman Ethan Birdin out of the existing roster.

I could see Paddy starting at 57 until Sasso was ready to take over and remain at 157 if Sasso never makes it back. Hepner I just don’t think is the answer, and Birdin should redshirt do 165 is definitely a portal option at 165 for the Bucks.

Besides the obvious in Dean Hamiti, I would love for the Bucks to take a look at the kid from Ohio U Peyton Kellar, who took 5th at 157. Kid looked like a stud and was only a sophomore last year. He would slide in perfectly if Sasso can’t go at 157, or bump up to 165.
I don’t follow how often you come around, but your posts are always welcome. Do yourself a favor and take the posts of the entity you quoted with the tiniest grain of salt w.r.t. stating facts that aren’t.

Thanks for the update from the Ohio State viewpoint. Appreciated.

PS, nobody believed Mendez is going up.

I don’t follow how often you come around, but your posts are always welcome. Do yourself a favor and take the posts of the entity you quoted with the tiniest grain of salt w.r.t. stating facts that aren’t.
How about letting him decide for himself instead of hating on someone and talking $hit about them because YOU don't like them.

User warned for name calling. Certain Users need to stop instigating and start ignoring one another. Suspensions will be next.
Thanks for the update from the Ohio State viewpoint. Appreciated.

PS, nobody believed Mendez is going up.
PS. Jeffy is an immature little dipstick who needs his buddies to fight his battles.

Leave Kellar be!!! I wrestled for Ohio U and we were always the little brother to Ohio State getting beaten up and our nice things broken. I was there though when we had 2 finalists and one champ with Shawn Enright and Dwight Gardner. They haven’t had that kind of success since but this years team had a few tough kids with Kellar being the best. He had a great tournament!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT