ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting Class Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Seems early to be starting this thread, but PSU has offered a kid in 8th grade, so no sense in holding off on commencing with the thread.

WR from Florida

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
Should we start a 2030 Recruiting Class Thread? There must be Pee Wee Football standouts that we need to be aware of.

Reactions: Ughhh and TheGLOV
Offering an eight grader seems ridiculous to me. I know it's done to start a relationship in the event the kid turns into something special. However, just because a kid physically develops early and can dominate in eight grade doesn't mean that'll still be the case when the other kids' physical development catches up. The kids' parents and/or coaches should step in and tap the brakes a bit.

Offering an eight grader seems ridiculous to me. I know it's done to start a relationship in the event the kid turns into something special. However, just because a kid physically develops early and can dominate in eight grade doesn't mean that'll still be the case when the other kids' physical development catches up. The kids' parents and/or coaches should step in and tap the brakes a bit.

All part of the process. No more, no less...

Generally speaking, if Mike Kryzewski doesn’t know who you are as an 8th or 9th grader there is almost no chance you will ever play at Duke. Identifying athletes with the potential to be professionals is nearly a science in some parts of the world.

My son is a 6th grader. He's also a pretty darned good football player and a bit of a physical freak. Before he graduates from high school, he may end up receiving no DI football offers, or he may be hounded by the top schools, but one thing is for sure ... if he receives an offer to play football for a college during his 8th grade year, I will never let him go to that school.

That's beyond effing ridiculous. An offer to an 8th grader should be that rock-bottom point in the movie where the offeror looks at himself in the mirror, and realizes just what he has become, and vows to make a change.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Not disagreeing with you. But there was a kid who people in the local area were oooing and aahhing about in the 8th grade several years ago.
He went on to do pretty well for himself at West Point as a fullback.

OL

I remember an 8th grader from PA who received an offer from PSU who is now a starting linebacker for us.

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT