ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting Class Thread

wasn't the rumor with this kid he wanted to stay at TE and PSU was already thinking about OT and thats why he decommitted?
I can't answer as to any rumors. But if he is still growing he may understand that he can outgrow TE as a feasible position. Sometimes reality just hits you in the face, or on the scales.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
I can't answer as to any rumors. But if he is still growing he may understand that he can outgrow TE as a feasible position. Sometimes reality just hits you in the face, or on the scales.

I thought it was the Yurcich hire and the fact he's never been really big on focusing on TEs that caused it. I don't remember reading anything in particular from the kid, but he sure seems happy to be visiting and communicating with our verbals.

And, didn't he start getting other offers?

Reactions: TheGLOV
I thought it was the Yurcich hire and the fact he's never been really big on focusing on TEs that caused it. I don't remember reading anything in particular from the kid, but he sure seems happy to be visiting and communicating with our verbals.

And, didn't he start getting other offers?
Yes, this is correct. It was a combination of Yurcich being hired, Tyler Bowen leaving, and Barnwell getting more and more offers. All 3 resulted in Barnwell realizing he committed too early, and he wanted to re-open his recruitment. It is positive that Barnwell has visited multiple times this summer and that he and his family are still fans of Penn State.

I caught up with 2023 QB Jaden Rashada the other night. Made that story free for all to read today. Good kid. If he comes back for another visit during the season or in the winter, game on. Obviously, not easy for him to get here being in Cali, but he seems for real.

I bring this up, because this kid is former QB Dan Lonergan's kid. Dan played behind Blackledge and battled Doug Strang for the position. Eventually gave up football to concentrate on his degree. If I recall, he is from Schuylkill County - perhaps Pottsville. His kid has PSU in his Top 10.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Or Tom Lemming in the 90s.
LOL @ Lemming. I forgot about that Notre Dame shill. Any kid who committed to ND was a five star in his mind. Any kid who spurned ND was a loser. There was a blue chip kid whose name I can't remember. His selection announcement was going to be shown live on ESPN. In the minds of many it was down to ND and FSU with ND being seen as the heavy favorite. Lemming was part of the PC broadcast and was like a kid in a candy store thinking ND was going to land this huge commitment. He was talking the kid up like he was going to be a first ballot NFL hall of famer.

Then the kid picked Florida State. Lemming looked like he was going to cry.

LOL @ Lemming. I forgot about that Notre Dame shill. Any kid who committed to ND was a five star in his mind. Any kid who spurned ND was a loser. There was a blue chip kid whose name I can't remember. His selection announcement was going to be shown live on ESPN. In the minds of many it was down to ND and FSU with ND being seen as the heavy favorite. Lemming was part of the PC broadcast and was like a kid in a candy store thinking ND was going to land this huge commitment. He was talking the kid up like he was going to be a first ballot NFL hall of famer.

Or the basketball player that went to Duke. He kept holding out hope that he would become the QB at ND.

Remember it well.

Lorenzo Booker.

4185129_web1_gtr-BVLH01-100320

Jeff Helsel | Mon Valley Independent
Laurel Highlands’ Rodney Gallagher threw two touchdowns, ran for two more and intercepted two passes on defense in Week Zero.

Rather than a double-double, two-sport star Rodney Gallagher recorded a double-triple.

As in, the Laurel Highlands junior rushed for more than 100 yards and passed for more than 100 on Friday as the Mustangs defeated Connellsville, 44-14. He also tossed two touchdowns, ran for two more and intercepted two passes on defense. It was an electric start for one of the WPIAL’s most dynamic athletes.

“I don’t know if anything he does really surprises you,” coach Rich Kolesar said. “You have to know to expect the unexpected from him.”

Gallagher completed 9 of 13 passes for 111 yards and rushed for 101 yards on six attempts. He and Apollo-Ridge’s Karter Schrock (146 passing, 118 rushing) reached triple digits in two stat categories in Week Zero.

As a freshman, Gallagher earned all-conference honors starting at wide receiver and defensive back. He again earned all-conference receiver honors as a sophomore while splitting time there and behind center.

This year, he is more entrenched at QB.

“We built the offense around him at quarterback,” Kolesar said, “but we’ve got another kid that did a pretty good job (at QB).

“He stepped in a couple of times last night, so there’s always that possibility he could go back out (to receiver) for a few plays.”

Gallagher holds Division I offers in football and basketball, where he is Laurel Highlands’ point guard. Pitt, Penn State and West Virginia have offered him a scholarship in both sports. Among his other college options are Notre Dame, Michigan and Ole Miss for football and Florida basketball.

Excited to see another Berks kid get an offer. The quality of football in Berks keeps getting better. I used to coach midget football in Exeter and I always felt like Exeter was a Sleeping Giant. In back to back weeks now, Mifflin (Singleton) and Exeter (Schlaffer) spanked the traditional power program in Berks (Wilson).

Didn't know about the Menet connection. Gotta feel good about our chances here.

Reactions: PSU77sh and royboy
ADVERTISEMENT