ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2023 QB Jaxon Smolik commits to Penn State

Thanks Richard.

The word I heard is that this kid has all the skills that flew under the radar a bit. Perhaps because at 6-2, he is pretty thin at 185. But his frame suggests me may end up at 6-3, 215. He opened eyes at camp.

Sadly, we aren't getting the top-flight five-star QBs unless they fly under the radar versus UM and tOSU. Allar was also considered a project until he blossomed toward the end of his Jr. year.

Our new QB Smolik got better complements, and was higher rated, at the Elite 11 than the QB who decommitted last month. Smolik is a good commit, but he will need high level coaching and development in order to be a QB who moves our program forward.

Thanks Richard.

The word I heard is that this kid has all the skills that flew under the radar a bit. Perhaps because at 6-2, he is pretty thin at 185. But his frame suggests me may end up at 6-3, 215. He opened eyes at camp.

Sadly, we aren't getting the top-flight five-star QBs unless they fly under the radar versus UM and tOSU. Allar was also considered a project until he blossomed toward the end of his Jr. year.
Very happy with this commit @ QB.

Darn it. Now I have to root for Dowling? They won 7 straight state championships not long ago including one over the high school my daughter graduated from and another attends now. It will be interesting to see how he pans out.

A previous Dowling QB about the same size as Smolik went to Iowa and never saw the field much before transferring to Indiana State where he had an OK career ended by injury.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT