ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2023 OL Joshua Miller commits to Penn State

Rather fascinating. How often does clemson go after a 5.7 - 3 star player? Plenty of other teams liked what they saw, too.

I'm guessing another year on the field and those numbers go up signifcantly... people are seeing lots of positives for his future so this looks like a really nice xmas present for us!

imo, of course.

Rather fascinating. How often does clemson go after a 5.7 - 3 star player? Plenty of other teams liked what they saw, too.

I'm guessing another year on the field and those numbers go up signifcantly... people are seeing lots of positives for his future so this looks like a really nice xmas present for us!

imo, of course.
Was a “ priority recruit” for Clemson per this article.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Was a “ priority recruit” for Clemson per this article.

TY for that... and I like the way the kid has handled himself in the interview and his focus on the experience and educational aspects. Good read.

imo, of course.
I feel like these third-party player evaluators are reactors and as opposed to being proactive. In other words, they simply follow around the programs and reflect what they've seen from their evaluations. They do little or no evaluation themselves. Younger kids are often under-ranked because they haven't camped and/or gotten the big program attention until the previous season plays out.

Reactions: bison13 and N&B4PSU
I feel like these third-party player evaluators are reactors and as opposed to being proactive. In other words, they simply follow around the programs and reflect what they've seen from their evaluations. They do little or no evaluation themselves. Younger kids are often under-ranked because they haven't camped and/or gotten the big program attention until the previous season plays out.
I agree. I find it funny when people are rationalizng low ratings for recruits they say they trust college coaches more than the recruiting services. In reality they are close to one and the same.

I agree. I find it funny when people are rationalizng low ratings for recruits they say they trust college coaches more than the recruiting services. In reality they are close to one and the same.
Agree and disagree. Coaches are more nymble because they have to be. These kids are developing so a bead you draw in July is totally different than December. If they waited for the services they'd be screwed. In addition, the services have to rely on the kids for their information. CJF doesn't notify services that he is offering a particular kid. They'll just go tell Michigan or tOSU. So they rely on the kid. And if you are waiting to get accurate info from a 16 or 17 year old, you are nuts.

So you really have to trust the coaches when they offer that they are getting the best kids, and the best kids for their programs. The services really have no idea.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Excellent pickup by the staff. I hope he has great success in all aspects of his life at PSU!

ADVERTISEMENT