ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2023 New York DT Tyriq Blanding commits to Penn State, details commitment

Who could not like this young man.

Well, you know the list of Karens that post here. Thank God it is not a long list. Long boring lists are, well Long and therefore extra boring.
Lol. Only a three star (but has offers from Michigan and Oregon)

He is very quick off the ball, in addition to which he looks to have a lot of fight in him. I don't care that OSU and TAM didn't offer him. He can play.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Good pick up that fills two needs. Could play the 5 technique end as early as his second year which is huge since we do not currently have on the roster and eventually play the all important 3 technique. Even if he isn't a star, he could hopefully provide much needed depth as that position has been a liability since Kevin Givens left.

Pretty tough for anyone here to make a judgment on a "reach". I generally look at it as a positive when Franklin gets commitments from the players he identifies early in the process. But then again there seem to be times when the staff sends out an offer to a highly publicized recruit early in the process but when that player participates in a camp at PSU or elsewhere that the staff attends his performance or testing causes the staff to back off.

And then on the other hand there are players that are late bloomers or haven't gotten to camps or gotten followed that show up at camps or on the PSU campus that test great, show their skills to the staff and get offered, like what seemed to happen with the PA WR Haynes.

Add in the fact that even some great prospects don't continue to advance their play, or don't adapt to the college game, and from a fans perspective we really don't have much to go on until we actually see players line up in Blue and White and play the game against B10 competition.

Which is why I try to get to every B/W game, the first opportunity to see many of the young players in some sort of action where an opinion on their skill set can be made. Sort of.......

A lot of times these NYC kids, in this case Queens, have never had quality S&C programs. So physically they are raw and can really develop in college. I have no idea if this is the case here. I may be way off base as I do know that CTK is a big time program.

Pretty tough for anyone here to make a judgment on a "reach". I generally look at it as a positive when Franklin gets commitments from the players he identifies early in the process. But then again there seem to be times when the staff sends out an offer to a highly publicized recruit early in the process but when that player participates in a camp at PSU or elsewhere that the staff attends his performance or testing causes the staff to back off.

And then on the other hand there are players that are late bloomers or haven't gotten to camps or gotten followed that show up at camps or on the PSU campus that test great, show their skills to the staff and get offered, like what seemed to happen with the PA WR Haynes.

Add in the fact that even some great prospects don't continue to advance their play, or don't adapt to the college game, and from a fans perspective we really don't have much to go on until we actually see players line up in Blue and White and play the game against B10 competition.

Which is why I try to get to every B/W game, the first opportunity to see many of the young players in some sort of action where an opinion on their skill set can be made. Sort of.......
Personally, I like this recruit because he is very different than most Franklin recruits. Franklin and company have flatly ignored key positions over the years. Bottom line, our roster has been uneven for years. The most balanced (not to mention talented) roster and recruiting pipeline he had was the one he inherited. we have gotten less balanced and less talented over the years. Hopefully this signing is a indication that Franklin is actually starting to get it.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT